By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Monster Hunter Tri online guild thread, RECRUITING - EU!

I'm HR50 now... Time for Alatreon! I'll probably forge Nardebosche really fast or the Mutilator Blade (and I have to try to get Awaken somehow for that). I was trying to get Uragaan+ armor and have everything except the rubies. Not too surprised. Or I could just go el-cheapo and sleepbomb.

I went into the Alatreon fight alone and found that I could evade fairly well, although I'm not sure how I'd do once he starts getting angry.

Anyway, there's a minor possibility that I could join you guys tonight for a bit! Possibly... Anyway, hope you have fun tonight!

Around the Network
flashpoint_1230 said:
I'm HR50 now... Time for Alatreon! I'll probably forge Nardebosche really fast or the Mutilator Blade (and I have to try to get Awaken somehow for that). I was trying to get Uragaan+ armor and have everything except the rubies. Not too surprised. Or I could just go el-cheapo and sleepbomb.

I went into the Alatreon fight alone and found that I could evade fairly well, although I'm not sure how I'd do once he starts getting angry.

Anyway, there's a minor possibility that I could join you guys tonight for a bit! Possibly... Anyway, hope you have fun tonight!

Hope to see you tonight!

In the absence of evidence to the contrary, always assume you have the upper hand.

NNID = RangerOne

Switch = SW-2393-3671-6907

EntilZha said:
flashpoint_1230 said:

Hope to see you tonight!

Ahhh.... Not tonight (I knew that it was a distinctly minor chance >_>). I hope you guys had fun, though! Was killeryoshis able to join you? I'll try my best to show up Tuesday. Are you farming Jho now?

Damn Alatreon...

:/

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Looks like I gotta farm for materials (ran out of honey, traps, flashbugs, etc..) during my quick leveling from 50-54 past few weeks. Been leveling too quick and not gathering any materials. Looks like I'll just do some easy offline mushroom gathering quests so that my farm can pump the materials out.

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:
Looks like I gotta farm for materials (ran out of honey, traps, flashbugs, etc..) during my quick leveling from 50-54 past few weeks. Been leveling too quick and not gathering any materials. Looks like I'll just do some easy offline mushroom gathering quests so that my farm can pump the materials out.

Ugh, the number of times I've run out of honey...also, Pale Extract and Godbugs I need. I hate going offline :/

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Gathering basic mats offline isn't too bad for me. I usually do the first quest (deliver 5 unique mushrooms) and go around collecting the spiderweb from areas 5 + 9. Then I go around and hit up the honey areas while collecting shrooms. I usually can get about 3-4 flashbugs, 2-4 spiderwebs, maybe 1 thunderbug, and 10 honey within 7-10 mins. I just have my farm pumping out honey or whatever else I need.

I need to find out about the rare commodity trade works or how you even trade for the items. I have yet to get a double bbq for the bbq cha cha mask. I also need to get funky pheromones to make my bug producing better. I also need a super sized dung for another town request to make the fields produce more.

sethnintendo said:

Gathering basic mats offline isn't too bad for me. I usually do the first quest (deliver 5 unique mushrooms) and go around collecting the spiderweb from areas 5 + 9. Then I go around and hit up the honey areas while collecting shrooms. I usually can get about 3-4 flashbugs, 2-4 spiderwebs, maybe 1 thunderbug, and 10 honey within 7-10 mins. I just have my farm pumping out honey or whatever else I need.

I need to find out about the rare commodity trade works or how you even trade for the items. I have yet to get a double bbq for the bbq cha cha mask. I also need to get funky pheromones to make my bug producing better. I also need a super sized dung for another town request to make the fields produce more.

I trade online for thunderbugs, honey, and spiderwebs (I have 194 thunderbugs, 575 honey, and 110 spiderwebs); it works out really well. I farm stormsender seeds to sell and godbugs to keep. And I have little use for flashbugs, so I have a ton sitting around. To waste time, I'll do the "Royal Pain" offline mission. It takes about two minutes (if you're lucky, you can complete the subquests, get Royal L. limping, set the trap, and cap in the starting area) and nets 5200z if you complete the subquests. And then Stormsender seeds sell for a good amount of money (w/ 3 farmers, usually around 2000z for one cycle).

And then there's the Hunting Fleet as well (Dazzling Crowns sell for 5k z!). Basically, if you've spent a fair amount of time offline and reserve some materials for trading/farming, you'll rarely have to gather anything. And you can definitely bring in a good amount of zenni, too.

Conegamer, what are godbugs good for? I have a ton and I have never used them.
Flashpoint, yes killeryoshis did make it for a few hunts. He is very good. I hope both of you guys can join us on Tuesday. I need a few more Deviljho parts for my armour, and a few Barioth parts for my lance.

In the absence of evidence to the contrary, always assume you have the upper hand.

NNID = RangerOne

sethnintendo said:

I also like to go on a hunting/gathering trip (no quest) for a 2-5 minutes and stock up on honey and raw meat during the day. When I return it is night, so I check my fishing boats and send them back out, check my farms and go to sleep. When I wake up it is day again and my farms are ready and often my boats are back. Send them on their way and back out for another hunting/gathering trip. I always use my plus leather armour for faster carving/gathering.  In about 20 minutes or less I can be fully stocked up again.

NNID = RangerOne