By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Monster Hunter Tri online guild thread, RECRUITING - EU!

Conegamer said:
Rainbow Yoshi said:

I see. Well, I'll finish those quests before I post my info, I guess. Plus, MH3 is the first game I've played that involves real-time combat that doesn't involve button mashing, so I don't think that I'm too good at it yet. I don't want to drag anyone down. :)

Don't worry, I was new to the scene a couple of weeks ago, however I have now pratised and am becoming skilled as a Gunner.

You are becoming quite the master

However, HR5 isn't masterful. And next time we play, can you stop collabarting with "Samuel" and stop shooting me?

I think Sunday 5PM is the best time

Okay, however Samuel shot me several times.

Around the Network
Rainbow Yoshi said:
Conegamer said:
Rainbow Yoshi said:

I see. Well, I'll finish those quests before I post my info, I guess. Plus, MH3 is the first game I've played that involves real-time combat that doesn't involve button mashing, so I don't think that I'm too good at it yet. I don't want to drag anyone down. :)

Don't worry, I was new to the scene a couple of weeks ago, however I have now pratised and am becoming skilled as a Gunner.

You are becoming quite the master

However, HR5 isn't masterful. And next time we play, can you stop collabarting with "Samuel" and stop shooting me?

I think Sunday 5PM is the best time

Okay, however Samuel shot me several times.

I think it was accidental with you. It was deliberate with me

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Once again, I shall be playing at 5PM tonight GMT if anyone else wishes to join me!

All levels allowed! Me and a low-level friend will be playing at the vey leas, so join if you'd like (to) help

Wow, it has been awhile since anyone posted here, so I thought I would break the trend. 

Finally made it to HR31 and I was not prepared for the number of things that change. But change is good, and that helps to keep the game from getting stale. So I am looking for people around my level (31-40) to hunt with. SethNintendo and I play on the weekends, and we could use a 3rd and 4th player. We both use WiiSpeak, but it is not a requirement as Seth has a USB keyboard as well. 

In the absence of evidence to the contrary, always assume you have the upper hand.

NNID = RangerOne

Switch = SW-2393-3671-6907

EntilZha said:

Wow, it has been awhile since anyone posted here, so I thought I would break the trend. 

Finally made it to HR31 and I was not prepared for the number of things that change. But change is good, and that helps to keep the game from getting stale. So I am looking for people around my level (31-40) to hunt with. SethNintendo and I play on the weekends, and we could use a 3rd and 4th player. We both use WiiSpeak, but it is not a requirement as Seth has a USB keyboard as well. 

Cool, nice to hear it!

Also, I may with RainbowYoshi and SheepLord every Sunday 5PM GMT, and just Sheeplord Tuesday 7PM GMT.

So, if anyone else from the EU are ready to play at these times, that'd be awesome!

(oh yeah, we're meeting up again today at 7PM, so...)

Around the Network

Conegamer, I have finally unlocked the FloodedForest and am using the first Cha-Cha.

Rainbow Yoshi said:

Conegamer, I have finally unlocked the FloodedForest and am using the first Cha-Cha.

Nice

You're getting to quite a good area now, a little longer and you'll be up against some of the bigget monsters, i.e. Lagiacrus, Rathalos etc.

But it's amazing how deep this game is...but we're always open to new members and meets! 

Any newcomers wanting to play along?

Conegamer said:
Rainbow Yoshi said:

Nice

You're getting to quite a good area now, a little longer and you'll be up against some of the bigget monsters, i.e. Lagiacrus, Rathalos etc.

But it's amazing how deep this game is...but we're always open to new members and meets! 

I'll be ready to join soon, I think. I've defeated and captured Quru, so I'm just trying to finish up the offline 3 star quests before I start in online (I tried one mission online, just to see what it was like. It was okay, but I had zero clue what I was doing). Sorry it took so long...This is what I get for having to share a TV with seven other people. :D

Is it an issue if I mainly use the SnS? I know that it's the most basic weapon type (I have the Ludroth's Nail Great Jaggi armor set and Cha Cha, so...), but I haven't had much time to get used to the GS. I've used the bowgun a bit, but I'd probably be too slow with it in online matches.

Oh, and how exactly does online play work? Like I said, I was completely confused when I tried it. I won my mission, but I had no clue what was going on. Is there an FAQ to read, or can you tell me a bit about how it works?

flashpoint_1230 said:
Conegamer said:
Rainbow Yoshi said:

Nice

I'll be ready to join soon, I think. I've defeated and captured Quru, so I'm just trying to finish up the offline 3 star quests before I start in online (I tried one mission online, just to see what it was like. It was okay, but I had zero clue what I was doing). Sorry it took so long...This is what I get for having to share a TV with seven other people. :D

Is it an issue if I mainly use the SnS? I know that it's the most basic weapon type (I have the Ludroth's Nail Great Jaggi armor set and Cha Cha, so...), but I haven't had much time to get used to the GS. I've used the bowgun a bit, but I'd probably be too slow with it in online matches.

Oh, and how exactly does online play work? Like I said, I was completely confused when I tried it. I won my mission, but I had no clue what was going on. Is there an FAQ to read, or can you tell me a bit about how it works?

That's OK

No issue using SnS really, Rainbow Yoshi does, I use either Switch Axe or Longsword, but I'm like HR50, so...

Online play is exactly the sameas offline. Someone chooses a quest, people who want to join it go to the board and select that quest, those people wait by the exit, then the quest is the same as offline, albeit the enemies being stronger!

When you've done, you get HR Points, like exp. Harder quests earn you more...

At certain points, you level up (look in status) and certain levels unock certain urgent quests (HR8,17,30,39,50), each one successful unlocks the next batch of quests...

At HR31, so just after defeating Jhen Morean, you enter the 'elite', where you have to re-start from the early quests (Great Jaggi, Peco etc.), but each have additional strength, health, moves, drops and better items can be mined, caught, picked and used to create better armour and weapons. The big difference comes in later quests, but all quests can have an enemy called Deviljho in, the hardest enemy in the game. THat complicates things...

So I hope that clears things up!

Oh yeah, are you EU then Flashpoint?

We meet every sunday 5PM and most Tuesdays 7PM for a couple hours. I'm HR49, RainbowYoshi's HR8, SheepLord's HR10...