By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Nintendogamer said:
Kenology said:
fwap said:
guiduc said:

next week dkcr is the 4th best selling dk game of all time!

Yup, hope so!

Donkey Kong Country (SNES)
Nintendo
4.43 3.00 1.87 9.30
Donkey Kong 64 (N64)
Rare
3.31 1.10 0.86 5.27
Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest (SNES)
Nintendo
2.13 2.21 0.81 5.15
Donkey Kong Land (GB)
Nintendo
2.00 1.08 0.83 3.91
Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii)
Nintendo
2.01 0.74 1.03 3.78
Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble! (SNES)
Nintendo
1.19 1.77 0.55 3.51
Donkey Kong (GB)
Nintendo
1.59 0.80 0.68 3.07
Donkey Kong Land 2 (GB)
Nintendo
1.41 0.42 0.52 2.35
Donkey Kong Country (GB)
Nintendo
1.06 0.34 0.79 2.19
Donkey Kong Country (GBA)
Nintendo
1.11 0.29 0.52 1.92

Been a bit tardy posting the top 10 recently. Will definitely get this out there quickly next week though. :D

Donkey Kong Land is going down next week.  And should be well on it's way to taking down Donkey Kong 64 by Q3-Q4. 

This game deserves it.  It's the best 2D platformer I've played in a long time - including NSMBWii.

DKCR will finish at least 2nd since it will do about 6M LT, I hope it top DKC though to be the best selling DK game ever.

I don't know if it is really that important or 100% accurate, but DKC was bundled for a decent amount of time. (My SNES was one)

Around the Network
BHR-3 said:
Squilliam said:

The thing was, there was no real good reason outside of internal Sony issues which would cause the PS3 to be supply constrained. At least here there are good reasons. I mean the reason is most people figured that Sony was a hardware company and therefore not likely to do logistical screwups.

um yes there was ps3 went to a lower costing 40nm RSX down from 65nm no reason to keep pumping out the CECH 2001 ps3 slim if they werent being sold as much of a profit the 2100 would bring in

havent researched but what are the reasons for MS shortages?

That is a logistical screwup.

Microsoft on the other hand couldn't make enough of the new consoles to meet demand. They never managed to really catch up on demand given they had to create and ship a completely new console with a different interior and exterior. Sony could have kept up making the older units had they wanted, hence the term screwup.

Tease.

DKCR will easily get no 2 on that list

will have to see about No 1 but with crazy holiday sales and bundles who knows

Above & Beyond

kinect is a great success from micrisoft what a s/ware boost it is for the 360

they must be delighted

sport champions is at 2m but it will be interesting to see what move games sell in the future

Above & Beyond

Here's an interesting one for totals so far from home console holiday releases:

Callof Duty > Halo Reach > Kinect Adventures (Kinect) > FIFA 11> Assassins Creed BH > Wii Let's Dance > GT5 > Donkey Kong Country Returns > Need for Speed HP > Kinect Sports > Sports Champions (Move) > Dance Central

Who would have predicted that Kinect would outsell many of those other titles...  Especially GT5 (In fairness GT5 has been out less time, but weekly Kinect is outselling it so it doesn't matter)?

Around the Network
NeoRatt said:

Who would have predicted that Kinect would outsell many of those other titles...  Especially GT5 (In fairness GT5 has been out less time, but weekly Kinect is outselling it so it doesn't matter)?

You expected a game to outsell an accessory?

People here have a circular argument about shortages, it's lulling me to sleep...lol

ethomaz said:
NeoRatt said:

The majority of us did. Microsoft only expected to move 3 Million in the Year, and then upped it to 5.

A lot of people expected GT5 to do more than 5 Million by Years end.

CGI-Quality said:
Carl2291 said:
ethomaz said:
NeoRatt said:

The majority of us did. Microsoft only expected to move 3 Million in the Year, and then upped it to 5.

A lot of people expected GT5 to do more than 5 Million by Years end.

Problem with that is people will use it to claim GT5 underperformed/failed/flopped. Many thought it would do 5.5 million by year's end (I thought 4.5-5mill, which it did). It did 4.91mill by year's end, certainly less than Kinect, but not because it underperformed, but because Kinect outdid just about every expectation (including Microsoft's).

So while I hear you on this, I can see where ethomaz is coming from.

It's not a problem at all really. NeoRatt didn't claim GT5 underperformed/failed/flopped... He just said nobody expected it. And hardly anyone at all did.

ethomaz is pretty much damage controlling. Instead of saying "Yeah, Kinect did well"... He has to come up with something like that. It's pointless. Most of the people here expected GT5 to outsell Kinect. Kinect was expected to do 5 Million MAX by Years end... 3 Million was MS' expectations. GT5 was expected to hit 5 around years end and possibly surpass it.

palancas7 said:

Japan 2010 adjusted. DS beat PSP.

Good to hear that the DS won the last important year. Now it'll forever remain a winner. =D