By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
yo_john117 said:

Looks like the 360 drop is mostly legit...not too many shortages.

http://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/microsoft/xbox360elite/

http://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/accessories/kinect/

I don't think that the 360 will do too well from here on out (until Christmas) but I will save my final judgement for a couple more weeks of sales.

Could you elaborate? Do you mean the sales this week actually reflect demand and that there is no major shortages anymore?

What about the Holidays as a whole, were there shortages affecting sales or not? What's the truth here?

Around the Network
Alby_da_Wolf said:
Carl2291 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Carl2291 said:
ethomaz said:
NeoRatt said:

Who would have predicted that Kinect would outsell many of those other titles...  Especially GT5 (In fairness GT5 has been out less time, but weekly Kinect is outselling it so it doesn't matter)?

You expected a game to outsell an accessory?

The majority of us did. Microsoft only expected to move 3 Million in the Year, and then upped it to 5.

A lot of people expected GT5 to do more than 5 Million by Years end.

Problem with that is people will use it to claim GT5 underperformed/failed/flopped. Many thought it would do 5.5 million by year's end (I thought 4.5-5mill, which it did). It did 4.91mill by year's end, certainly less than Kinect, but not because it underperformed, but because Kinect outdid just about every expectation (including Microsoft's).

So while I hear you on this, I can see where ethomaz is coming from.

It's not a problem at all really. NeoRatt didn't claim GT5 underperformed/failed/flopped... He just said nobody expected it. And hardly anyone at all did.

ethomaz is pretty much damage controlling. Instead of saying "Yeah, Kinect did well"... He has to come up with something like that. It's pointless. Most of the people here expected GT5 to outsell Kinect. Kinect was expected to do 5 Million MAX by Years end... 3 Million was MS' expectations. GT5 was expected to hit 5 around years end and possibly surpass it.

IMVHO Kinect's success hit a lot more Balance Board and Move, GT5 was more damaged, at least in USA, by MS heavy bundling Forza 3 during its launch. I don't think it did a huge damage, but from BF to New Year I don't think it's unlikely that 100-200k undecided buyers chose Forza 3 instead.

Obviously Kinect's success made every other big game or item, even successful, look smaller, so it dealt an image blow to almost everything else, and it's also true that being rather expensive it was most probably the only major purchase for many gamers, so indirectly hitting everything else on sales too.

What's curious, though, is that Black Ops, with its incredible sales, will deal a deadly blow to the image of other FPS' with best seller ambitions for years, but it looks like almost everybody is forgetting it. Oh well, I guess we'll have to talk enough about BO when even Treyarch won't be able to replicate its success and Skrotick will suddenly turn from buddy into the usual bastard douche we got used to know towards them too.   

I definately thought that the $60 highly anticipated exclusive from Sony (Not to mention it was their only AAA exclusive for the holiday), would outperform the new, unproven, $150 accessory.

That's not saying that GT5 did bad... It was more a statement of how well Kinect performed.  It beat everything except Call of Duty and Halo.  Given a few more weeks it would have beat Halo as well (Now that's saying something about the changing demographic of the "shooter box").

hi im new here, so can some one answer this question...

how does vgchartz track GTA IV the complete addition, it seems as though they only track GTA IV and liberty city stories, but not the complete addition. they should track it separately since it comes with both of them, and therefor adds sales to not only GTA IV but also LIberty City Stories.

also the ps3 version comes with all the games on the one Blu-ray disk, and i was wondering if the xbox version comes with multiple disks, or if you download the stories expansion because that seems like a ton of data to fit on 1 DVD. 

also every time people discuss gta sales people claim that rockstar said that both versions sold about the same, can someone post i link of them saying that. thanks

if this is too off topic, can someone make a thread about this

--OkeyDokey-- said:

360 doesn't really seem supply constrained to me. It only sold 10k less than the Wii in America.

Yeah the convenient supply of 360s in local stores doesn't help the supply constrained theory either... I have yet to see 360s and/or Kinects sold out here and have pics to back it up if anyone asks

Also I'm liking Donkey Kongs sales it could possibly be the best selling game in the series if it keeps up and then gets some Wii bundles like NSMB Wii next holiday.

Overall this thread has given me some priceless laughs, good job guys

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

MaxwellGT2000 said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

360 doesn't really seem supply constrained to me. It only sold 10k less than the Wii in America.

Yeah the convenient supply of 360s in local stores doesn't help the supply constrained theory either... I have yet to see 360s and/or Kinects sold out here and have pics to back it up if anyone asks

Also I'm liking Donkey Kongs sales it could possibly be the best selling game in the series if it keeps up and then gets some Wii bundles like NSMB Wii next holiday.

Well I know Woolworths (at least for the Dick Smith branches) in aus has ordered more to be distributed (of the 250gb Kinects) on the 19th Jan and was confirmed before christmas. I think the ones that are shipped may be already confirmed and beyond that they are not entirely sure perhaps.

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Around the Network
osamanobama said:

hi im new here, so can some one answer this question...

how does vgchartz track GTA IV the complete addition, it seems as though they only track GTA IV and liberty city stories, but not the complete addition. they should track it separately since it comes with both of them, and therefor adds sales to not only GTA IV but also LIberty City Stories.

also the ps3 version comes with all the games on the one Blu-ray disk, and i was wondering if the xbox version comes with multiple disks, or if you download the stories expansion because that seems like a ton of data to fit on 1 DVD. 

also every time people discuss gta sales people claim that rockstar said that both versions sold about the same, can someone post i link of them saying that. thanks

if this is too off topic, can someone make a thread about this

pretty sure one disk for original game and one for exp

VG would track GTAIV complete via GTAIV as it is the main game and as you can get them seperately the main reason people would be getting the complete would be for the original game and not the exp in my opinion.

You may have to use google or bing for the 3rd question as I certainly am not doing that for you. Partly because I havent seen a GTA thread in aaagess

lastly NO SOUP FOR YOU

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

MaxwellGT2000 said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

I wouldn't say that, there's a LOOOOONG way to go before we can start talking about 9/10mil. I mean, SSBB has only JUST reached it, and that's been out for nearly 3 years, and Galaxy has also just passed this benchmark...

I think more interesting would be: Will Epic Mickey reach 4/5mil LT? 

Overall, the expected numbers, surprised to still see Wii on top though!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

fwap said:
guiduc said:

next week dkcr is the 4th best selling dk game of all time!

Yup, hope so!

Donkey Kong Country (SNES)
Nintendo
4.43 3.00 1.87 9.30
Donkey Kong 64 (N64)
Rare
3.31 1.10 0.86 5.27
Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest (SNES)
Nintendo
2.13 2.21 0.81 5.15
Donkey Kong Land (GB)
Nintendo
2.00 1.08 0.83 3.91
Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii)
Nintendo
2.01 0.74 1.03 3.78
Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble! (SNES)
Nintendo
1.19 1.77 0.55 3.51
Donkey Kong (GB)
Nintendo
1.59 0.80 0.68 3.07
Donkey Kong Land 2 (GB)
Nintendo
1.41 0.42 0.52 2.35
Donkey Kong Country (GB)
Nintendo
1.06 0.34 0.79 2.19
Donkey Kong Country (GBA)
Nintendo
1.11 0.29 0.52 1.92

Been a bit tardy posting the top 10 recently. Will definitely get this out there quickly next week though. :D

Not bad for a game that was 'tracking below the previous DKC games' when the first figures started coming in...

VGChartz

GT5 performs better than GT4 in a smaller userbase that is something to look up to

Was PS3 adjusted up last week, i definitley dont remember it selling 940,000.