By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii owns the Platforme genre

yeah little big planet 2 rocks!

i'm 21 and actually think it's a fun game i only have 3 friends who play it though most play cod or grand theft auto

Around the Network

yeah little big planet 2 rocks!

i'm 21 and actually think it's a fun game i only have 3 friends who play it though most play cod or grand theft auto

dsage01 said:

okay platformers are made for the wii no one plays platformers on ps3 unless it's little big planet

If you have a ps3, check out PixelJunk Eden. It's one of the most unique platformers I've played this gen. 

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

sorry ameratsu it maybe unique but i found the game a bit annoying but it's fun to upload videos directly onto youtube

anyways i more of a shooter than a platformer 

oniyide said:

@dkhustlin i would have to disagree, there is just as much run and jumping in those as there are puzzle solving.

In Braid, you have to think about every jump you make, and every level is presented as a puzzle. I would consider it much more of a puzzle game than a platformer. It makes you think rather than react.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network

UPDATE: It does not change a lot

Wii:

Total of platformers sold: 70,82 millions

Best selling platformer: 22,19 millions (NSMBWii)

Numbers of millions sellers: 11 including 3 third party games

Numbers of 500 000 sellers: 20 including 11 third party games

PS3:

Total of platformers sold: 16 millions

Best selling platformer: 4,51 millions (LBP)

Numbers of millions sellers: 5

Numbers of 500 000 sellers: 9

Xbox360:

Total of platformers sold: 9,30 millions

Best selling platformer: 3,03 millions (Kung Fu panda, bundled with the Xbox arcade)

Numbers of millions sellers: 1

Numbers of 500 000 sellers: 7

Marketshare:

Wii has 73,67% of the platformers market, the PS3 16,34% and the XBOX 360 9.67%.

The Wii has passed the Super Nintendo and is now slightly above the DS in term of platformers sold. It is likely to finish second behind the king of the king NES.