By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 profitable exclusives destroying PS3's will it last?

cmeese47 said:

Does anyone have some sales predictions for next year?

2011 Sales Predictions

Forza 4  3 Mil
Gears 3 3 Mil
Kinect Adventures 3.5 Mil
Starwars Kinect 1 Mil
Xcom .75 Mil
Kingdoms 1.2 Mil

Ps3
Uncharted 3 3.2 Mil
Little Big Planet 3 Mil
Killzone 3 2 Mil
Resistance 3 1.8 Mil
Infamous 2 1.4 Mil
Socom 4 1.1 Mil
Ratchet and Clank .8 Mil
Motorstorm Apocalypse 1.1 Mil
MLB .6 Mil
DC Universe .6 Mil
ICO Collection .5 Mil
Move Heroes .5 Mil

So unless we get some more announcements for 360 things are looking better for PS3

I disagree with a lot of your predictions(note: my predictions are yearly sales not lifetime sales and anything I do not list, means that I agree with cmeese47's predictions above)

360:

Gears 3: 4 million

Kinect Adventures: >10 million although I do not count games like this and wii sports seeing as you can not buy a kinect without it.

Kingdoms: 2 million if released November or earlier

PS3

LBP 2: 4 million

Killzone 3: 3.5 million

Infamous 2: 2 million if released pre holidays

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Around the Network
Chibi.V.29 said:
cmeese47 said:

1st I consider a game profitable if it has sold over 500k copies therefore the games included in my totals are only games over that number in sales.

This is a very unfair way to judge a game as being profitable. 3D dot hero sold about 300k and was regarded as a massive financial success for Atlus. Since they only needed it to sell around 40,000 to make there money back.

i Agree with that however, in terms of time etc I needed to have a cut off so 500k was my choice

hiroko said:

now lets pretend sales dont give a shit to gamers and look at the overall review scores.

i  think ps3 gonne kick x360 butt once again

That wasnt the case last year. But I think you have a very safe prediction this year.

This thread sucks, will it last?

Seriously, the whole analysis is flawed it is based upon the massive assumption that 500k sales = profitable. We've had publisher executives on record saying it takes at least a million.

Tease.

Needs 500k to be profitable?I can list many games that wouldn't have been/aren't profitable without reaching 500k.

But I won't bother,cause you already know that your statement is false.

Around the Network

Well Gears 3 is the bg release for Microsoft, but its rumoured that theres a remake of Halo: Combat Evolved that i suspect will be coming out this year as well. or possibly there will be a Halo ODST like 2009. but the other thing is Kinect titles, how much will they sell this year, but i think those PS3 titles will do well, but there also competing with each other and 3rd party games, so this could detremental to their sales in the long run.

Lets count the 5M exclusives sales instead. Trolololoololool. Just kidding.

Weird thread is weird.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

cmeese47 said:
Notorius.A.i.G said:

Not this year. I'm sure it's not going to be Gears 3 and Forza 4 vs Uncharted 2, Twisted Metal, LittleBigPlanet 2, Killzone 3, Infamous 2, etc. MS will have more exclusives unveiled at E3. And their are some new IP's that have potential to be a million seller.

Well obviously its not that cut and dry but I think Sony will make a huge dent with no Halo

Gears 3 will likely sell just as much as all of those PS3 exclusives combined that Notorious mentioned so what makes you think Not having a Halo will make any difference? BTW this is the 10th year anniversary of Halo and Xbox so no Halo is unlikely and oh also Gear 1 & 2 both have over 6 million in sales a piece. While most PS3 exclusives get around 2 million or less on average. Sony`s biggest seller is GT.

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

cmeese47 said:

Does anyone have some sales predictions for next year?

2011 Sales Predictions

Forza 4  3 Mil
Gears 3 3 Mil
Kinect Adventures 3.5 Mil
Starwars Kinect 1 Mil
Xcom .75 Mil
Kingdoms 1.2 Mil

Ps3
Uncharted 3 3.2 Mil
Little Big Planet 3 Mil
Killzone 3 2 Mil
Resistance 3 1.8 Mil
Infamous 2 1.4 Mil
Socom 4 1.1 Mil
Ratchet and Clank .8 Mil
Motorstorm Apocalypse 1.1 Mil
MLB .6 Mil
DC Universe .6 Mil
ICO Collection .5 Mil
Move Heroes .5 Mil

So unless we get some more announcements for 360 things are looking better for PS3

LMAO you do realize Gears 3 likely will sell 3 million in roughly a week right? Do u really think MotorStorm is going to sell that well? First 2 Motorstorm games were polished turds. Nice visuals but poor game design, cheap AI, same old bland and repetitive tracks used over and over way to frequently. They both were enjoyable for oh 2 or 3 hours tops and then you realize all its flaws and then it shows its true colors. Anyone interested in Motorstorm is better off just having the demo for the original and staying clear fro mthe full game since the demo will provide more enjoyment than the full game.

Now don`t get me wrong the upcoming Motorstorm looks cool but you have to put into consideration that the design flaws and issues in the last Motorstorm games likely will cause the new Motorstorm to either A: not do very well or B: sell well but will do so very slowly onyl due to word of mouth. At best I bet it will be at 750,000-800,000 whcih sin`t bad but i am talking long term not short term here.

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

Notorius.A.i.G said:

Not this year. I'm sure it's not going to be Gears 3 and Forza 4 vs Uncharted 2, Twisted Metal, LittleBigPlanet 2, Killzone 3, Infamous 2, etc. MS will have more exclusives unveiled at E3. And their are some new IP's that have potential to be a million seller.

MS will make more money selling Kinect hardware and software than all those games combined in 2011.

/thread

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)