By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 profitable exclusives destroying PS3's will it last?

u mean uncharted 3?

Around the Network
LordMatrix said:
cmeese47 said:
Notorius.A.i.G said:

Not this year. I'm sure it's not going to be Gears 3 and Forza 4 vs Uncharted 2, Twisted Metal, LittleBigPlanet 2, Killzone 3, Infamous 2, etc. MS will have more exclusives unveiled at E3. And their are some new IP's that have potential to be a million seller.

Well obviously its not that cut and dry but I think Sony will make a huge dent with no Halo

Gears 3 will likely sell just as much as all of those PS3 exclusives combined that Notorious mentioned so what makes you think Not having a Halo will make any difference? BTW this is the 10th year anniversary of Halo and Xbox so no Halo is unlikely and oh also Gear 1 & 2 both have over 6 million in sales a piece. While most PS3 exclusives get around 2 million or less on average. Sony`s biggest seller is GT.

That is the second most ridiculous thing i have ever read on this forum XD so if we presume that eash of the sequel he mentioned sell the same as the first gears 3 is going to sell 11 million? Not to mention uncharted 3 ill probably sell alot more than its first and infamous 2 defiantly will. i have no idea about twisted metal ^^.

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

cloud1161 said:

first off, theres no contest between ps3's and the 360s exclusives

second, if xbox does announce any more exclusives at this years e3, does anyone honestly think that they will be released in 2011.  i mean honestly, how many unveiled at e3 have been released during that year.  im sure there are few but not too many.

third, the way the ps3 has started out this year (i know this is a very bold statement) it seems it is already gaining more momentum than the xbox

I think that Microsoft will have a few more games, but probably aimed for the Kinect.  2-3 million plus sellers in that group.

Your thought on momentum based on one week or even the first couple weeks would be way too premature.  I think we should wait til at least mid Feb. before we have a baaseline for a real trend.

Just my Opinion though...

Well, Sony's pretty much gotten all their super budget games out of the way and it's likely that the titles that are being released next year are most likely going to be profitable.

The Uncharted games have had a history of being cheaply developed. Uncharted 2 only cost $18 million dollars.

Little Big Planet was developed by an extremely small team and was rumoured to have a very small development budget.

Infamous was developed by a very small team and Sucker Punch have been pretty outspoken about their tight budget in the past, even though I'm sure they're getting more this time, I doubt it'll be that high.

Motorstorm is weird, I haven't really been able to find anything regarding it's budget or even that much on the development team (Evolution Studios). I doubt the game would cost that much, since Sony were happy with Pacific Rift and they've allowed a third game, despite the recent sales of the sequel.

The Insomniac games are weird ones. They've always done well and Insomniac always seem to be very happy with how they are going, but it's still hard to pin point if the're just scarping by or if they've underperformed. Out of the two titles coming out next year, Resistance looks to be the more expensive one and I'm sure that a third iteration on the same engine is going to be cheaper than the first. All 4 One looks like a cheap game, not because it looks cheap, but because it looks as if it was designed to be a cheaper, smaller and just a more focused experience instead of the comedic epics in the last few games, it also probably helps that it's still being made on the Insomniac Engine.

Killzone 2 was rumoured to be a pretty expensive game. It must of made it's money back though, otherwise a sequel wouldn't have been made. I would imagine that Killzone 3 will cost significantly less than it's predecessor, mainly because it's had a much shorter dev cycle and it's working on the same engine. It will still probably be the most expensive Sony game of 2011 though.

The MLB franchise must be raking in some good money. Sony release one every year and it usually sells around the 500k mark, so they seem happy with those sales and it must be covering their budget. It probably also helps that the game works around efficiency more than being larger than life, like other sports titles do. 

DC Universe is a multi-platform title and it seems like it's going to have a stronger start than most new MMO's. The game lives or dies on it's subscriptions though and until the team gives out some details, I doubt we'll know how well it's doing.

Move Heroes could probably make it's budget back at 100k. It just looks like a PSN release and if it get's that extra money from retail and sells a few hundred thousand units, then I think it'll make a tidy profit.

The ICO Collection is just pretty much pure profit and I think it'll sell pretty damn well. It's a major gamers franchise, which hasn't been played by said gamers, so I'm sure all those people who have been hearing about the game for the last 5 years from the press, gaming forums, in 4 out of  10 reviews and friends will build up to a cult event.

Anyway, that's my thoughts on the Sony side of things. I'm sure they'll have a pretty good year.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Sony will eventually pass XBox 360 exclusive software sales mainly because it has more exclusives coming out. It will really depend on what XBox 360 Kinect exclusives 3rd party companies bring out this year. Microsoft said there were many companies making exclusive Kinect content for 2011 and 2012, so we'll have to see what they show at the E3. We've already seen some of it at the Toyko Game Show with games like Haunt, Steel Battalion, Rise of Nightnares, Project Draco, Firepro Wrestling, Shadows of the Damned, etc.. If Kinect takes off and more exclusives come out this year, the PS3 won't catch them.

'gaming till I'm gone'

Around the Network
Notorius.A.i.G said:
LordMatrix said:
cmeese47 said:
Notorius.A.i.G said:

Not this year. I'm sure it's not going to be Gears 3 and Forza 4 vs Uncharted 2, Twisted Metal, LittleBigPlanet 2, Killzone 3, Infamous 2, etc. MS will have more exclusives unveiled at E3. And their are some new IP's that have potential to be a million seller.

Well obviously its not that cut and dry but I think Sony will make a huge dent with no Halo

Gears 3 will likely sell just as much as all of those PS3 exclusives combined that Notorious mentioned so what makes you think Not having a Halo will make any difference? BTW this is the 10th year anniversary of Halo and Xbox so no Halo is unlikely and oh also Gear 1 & 2 both have over 6 million in sales a piece. While most PS3 exclusives get around 2 million or less on average. Sony`s biggest seller is GT.

Do you really think so ? Both Gears have sold 6 Million. Uncharted 2 is making it's way to 5 Million. LittleBigPlanent is at 4 Million. Killzone is at 2.5 Million. You get the picture. Unless all of these
games flop I don't see Gears outselling them combined. Individually is a different story.

If you look at the sales more closely you'll see in Europe Uncharted 2 is only about 100,000 copies away from Gears 2 in sales and Gears has been out a lot longer than Uncharted 2.

here in the EU the PS3 games are doing about the same as Microsofts and in some cases exceeding them, eg, the PS3 version of Fifa, Black Opps and MW2 have sold better than their 360 counterparts. here in Europe GT5 has shot straight past the sales of Halo Reach despite having several handcaps, a smaller marketing campagain, and being racing game compared to the shooter.

so the reason Gears and Halo have done better is because of 10mil more 360s than PS3s in the US. even then its mainly Gears and Halo that have far superior sales.

cloud1161 said:

third, the way the ps3 has started out this year (i know this is a very bold statement) it seems it is already gaining more momentum than the xbox

The only reason PS3 outsold 360 the first week of 2011 is due to 360 shortages in America. If there were no shortages the 360 would have handily outsold the PS3, probably at about the same ratio as 360 outsold PS3 in November 2010.

Once MS gets the supply issue sorted out in America 360 will get back to outselling the PS3 weekly. The Kinect momentum is just too big right now for PS3 to keep up.

Aldro said:
homer said:
LordMatrix said:

First 2 Motorstorm games were polished turds.

I do not agree with this statement.

I too don't agree with Matrix statement. Kinda' like me saying: Crackdown 2 was a not so polished turd and Alan Wake was the worst game I've ever played in my entire life as a gamer [IMO].

^Both of those are so not true and complete bullshit, I'm just putting an example. If thats your opinion, you should present it as your opinion and not a fact. In which I can clearly state that what I said above just might be my opinion... OR IS IT?! (Dun dun duuu).

Looking extremly forward to Motorstorm Apocalypse :]!

I`m sorry but where`s the hype for Motorstorm Apocolypse?? Look around it`s harly there. Majority likely felt the same way I did. I don`t know anyone who cares about racing games that is hyped up for the new Motorstorm. Perhaps this has a lot to do with the terrible AI, recycled levels over and over again throughout the game, boring single player due to previosu issues... Motorstorm is the type of game you can have fun with for a few hours but than you start to see all of its flaws. As I said however, I have some hope for the upcoming Motorstorm and am going to be trying it out when it launches. I just don`t expect anything great after the dismal failures IMO that were Motorstorm 1 & 2. This is my opinion but I also notice that plenty of people that I know that are gamers feel the same way. None of us are bias to any specific system so the fact that we all seem to agree unanimously says a lot in my book.

PS: Nice job taking out one small sentence of my paragraph and railing on it guys.

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

LordMatrix said:
Aldro said:
homer said:
LordMatrix said:

I too don't agree with Matrix statement. Kinda' like me saying: Crackdown 2 was a not so polished turd and Alan Wake was the worst game I've ever played in my entire life as a gamer [IMO].

^Both of those are so not true and complete bullshit, I'm just putting an example. If thats your opinion, you should present it as your opinion and not a fact. In which I can clearly state that what I said above just might be my opinion... OR IS IT?! (Dun dun duuu).

I`m sorry but where`s the hype for Motorstorm Apocolypse?? Look around it`s harly there. Majority likely felt the same way I did. I don`t know anyone who cares about racing games that is hyped up for the new Motorstorm. Perhaps this has a lot to do with the terrible AI, recycled levels over and over again throughout the game, boring single player due to previosu issues... Motorstorm is the type of game you can have fun with for a few hours but than you start to see all of its flaws. As I said however, I have some hope for the upcoming Motorstorm and am going to be trying it out when it launches. I just don`t expect anything great after the dismal failures IMO that were Motorstorm 1 & 2. This is my opinion but I also notice that plenty of people that I know that are gamers feel the same way. None of us are bias to any specific system so the fact that we all seem to agree unanimously says a lot in my book.

LoL, both MotorStorms are 2 of the best racing games you can play this gen.

IMO motorstorm is not for you

Cthulhu said:
LordMatrix said:
Aldro said:
homer said:
LordMatrix said:

LoL, both MotorStorms are 2 of the best racing games you can play this gen.

IMO motorstorm is not for you

If you read my whole piost you would have noticed that I mentioned that multiple other gamers I know feel the same way about the Motorstorm games. So its not just me that feels that way about them. Ur actually one of the first I ran into that disagrees with it.

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad