By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - wii the wii be the third game system to reach 100 million or the ps3?

I'd say the Wii has an 80% chance of hitting 100M. It's almost guaranteed to sell extremely well, and the biggest "if"s are more about the direction first and third party support will take. This can be seen from the shifting arguments of most nay-sayers ("sure it'll sell, but only get spin-offs and casual games!!!1").

Then again we seem to be on different planets about a lot of things. I wouldn't say the PS3 is guaranteed to beat Gamecube/Xbox sales yet (looks likely though), and 50M is the absolute maximum it can ever hope to sell. Outselling the 360 is a 1/3 chance at best.

Around the Network

I'd say the Wii is 90% likely to hit 100M, the PS3 maybe 3%.

Ajax said:
soriku: "PS3 will be lucky to make it to 5.5 Million by years end"

John lucas: "Wii will sell 60 million by the end of 2008"

avinash_Tyagi:" Wii will outsell the entire playstation family put together"

you got to be joking lol
crazy people here

No no, those are among the most supported predictions in here...Go figure.

Mummelmann said:
Ajax said:
soriku: "PS3 will be lucky to make it to 5.5 Million by years end"

John lucas: "Wii will sell 60 million by the end of 2008"

avinash_Tyagi:" Wii will outsell the entire playstation family put together"

you got to be joking lol
crazy people here

No no, those are among the most supported predictions in here...Go figure.

Actually I don't know if anybody supported Sorikus prediction and I personally don't agree with the other two at all, I think the Wii's max potential is under 200M. 

Oh but one of them is JL's everybody loves JL. 

@Parokki

by what logic can you say Ps3 STILL can't beat GX/Xbox sales??

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

Around the Network

I think the Wii has a 50/50 shot at hitting 100 million, I see the system stopping more around 80-90 million. I think the years graphically won't be kind to the Wii and sales will drop a bit as the 360 and PS3 prices continue to drop. Also so far I see Nintendo putting out sequels for all of its big guns and I wonder what they'll have left to push the system with in a couple more years.

The PS3 has no chance in hell of reaching 100 million, Sony is going to have to release the PS4 sooner than they wish to compete with the next gen. Xbox and PC gaming.

I think the Wii and ps3 will both make it over 100 mil. with the Wii making the market bigger there is room for 2 100 sellers. Whlle the PS3 still doing the 10 year plan making it to 100 mill 2 years after the wii does, but by then im sure there will be a new nintendo console slowing wii sales a year prior.

darthdevidem said:
@Parokki

by what logic can you say Ps3 STILL can't beat GX/Xbox sales??

PS3 first year sales. 

Xbox first year sales.

Very similar, especially when you take into account that the Xbox had a staggered launch and the PS3 did not. 

now i think of it
the gamecube really sold bad
the xbox outsold the gamecube with a market less (japan),
and no history in the console gaming world..

''Hadouken!''

Neither one will.