By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - wii the wii be the third game system to reach 100 million or the ps3?

Avinash_Tyagi said:
NeoRatt said:
I don't see much potential for Wii to hit 100 million... Wii will do fine until 360 and PS3 come down to the same price category but it won't be 100 million by then.

PS3... It is possible but until they can get a library that competes with 360 it will be impossible unless they can take North America.

360... It is possible without Japan as long as they do decently in Europe / Others... But there is doubt whether they can keep doing decent in Europe / Others.

After 6 years of this generation we may see none of them at 100 million.

lol, you know Wii prices can go down as well, and even with lowerc ost PS3 and 360, its the software that moves sytems more than price, and most software on the PS3 and 360 doesn't appeal to the market as a whole, mostly only to 13-35 year old males

I don't think a price drop on the Wii would have the same effect as 360 or PS3...  Since it is already the lowest cost console already, it would have nominal affect.

I see no scenario that will allow them to win the generation long term as games such as Gears 2, MGS4, GTA IV, KZ2, etc. hit the market and then games like LittleBigPlanet, Banjo 3, Viva Pinata 2, etc. will infringe on Wii territory.  Also, as both the PS3 and 360 are taken full advantage of Wii will start to fall behind in a very obvious way.

Of course this is just one opinion, and the Wii does have potential to continue tapping into the typical non-gamer market.  But, the question is how many non-gamers are willing to buy a gaming console over this generation and will 360 and PS3 start to take action to squeeze the Wii?  100,000 million is a large number with the competition this generation currently has.