By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - wii the wii be the third game system to reach 100 million or the ps3?

endurance said:
Super-Mr-Doodle-Man said:
Ps3 iz stupids only dumb ppls woulds buys ones thys gots berly none good game, over priced and iz very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very UGLYS......................

no actually ps3 is a great system and it also looks fine

It is a great system... but i do think it's kinda ugly. It really does look like a george forman grill.

Around the Network
Bursche said:
Wow, how on earth anyone can still think that the PS3 will sell over 100, or even 50 mil is beyond me.

Wii will sell over 100 mil on its very last legs. PS3 and 360 will fight for 2nd, each with about 40 mil.

Because like some professional analyst they still live in some fantasy land where any playstation console will sell extremely well just because of the success of playstation 1 and 2.  It's the same reason why before ds and psp came out they all thought ds would be blown away by psp.  However, look at how that one turned out.  They are seeing the same thing happen again between wii and ps3 but are still refusing to face reality.  Only when the sales gap reaches the point of no return (as happened with ds and psp) will they start to face reality. 

that's one group of people of course. there is another group who do realise the ps3 has no chance of catching up with wii or selling close to 100 million but they refuse to admit it cause they are still praying/hoping for a miracle and are afraid that if they admit what they believe they will jinx the chances of the miracle happening.

Please reply and fill this in:

First to
30M ___
40M ___
50M ___
60M ___
70M ___
80M ___
90M ___
100M ___

stranne said:

First to
30M Wii
40M Wii
50M Wii
60M Wii
70M Wii
80M Wii
90M Wii
100M Wii
that was easy.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Onimusha12 said:
Will this thread be the last thread to ask a question that can't be discerned with any real certainty and can only lead to flame wars and bickering?

Will this be the last post to try and stop people discussing future sales on a site dedicated to sales?

I love rhetorical questions! Or do I?

Around the Network

"How does anyone think the PS3 will EVER reach 100 million"
"No chance in hell PS3 is reaching even 50 million"
"The PS3 looks like the Gamecube right now"

And all that jazz

http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php?cons1=PS2&reg1=All&cons2=PS3&reg2=All&cons3=&reg3=------&weeks=156

those first year curves look pretty similar.....so don't rule out the possibilty of reaching the 100 million benchmark. The only console I'd rule out from hitting 100 million is the 360 because outside of America, it's PS3 land...especially with Europe doing PS3 numbers similar to American Xbox numbers....plus America about to reach Xbox-like numbers for the PS3, and 360 in Japan is basically non-existent...yeah, it's actually PSWii land, as the Wii is going to sell 100 mil by default

Currently playing:

Unreal Tournament 3, Warhawk, Rock Band, Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy XII, DMC2, then 3, and Radiata Stories

"Stop the presses// It's been a while but I'm back in session// And in the past time my flow's matured more than adolescence// It's time to learn a lesson// So get you pen and your pad out, listen close, and take heed to this blessing"

boilermaker11 said:
"How does anyone think the PS3 will EVER reach 100 million"
"No chance in hell PS3 is reaching even 50 million"
"The PS3 looks like the Gamecube right now"

And all that jazz

http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php?cons1=PS2&reg1=All&cons2=PS3&reg2=All&cons3=&reg3=------&weeks=156

those first year curves look pretty similar.....so don't rule out the possibilty of reaching the 100 million benchmark. The only console I'd rule out from hitting 100 million is the 360 because outside of America, it's PS3 land...especially with Europe doing PS3 numbers similar to American Xbox numbers....plus America about to reach Xbox-like numbers for the PS3, and 360 in Japan is basically non-existent...yeah, it's actually PSWii land, as the Wii is going to sell 100 mil by default

Remember that PS2 had a very staggered launch first year is mostly japan only for PS2, PS3 is selling less in each territory than PS2 did, wii on the other hand is selling as well or better in each territory

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

HappySqurriel said:
Honestly, I think the Nintendo DS will have that honor

Definitely, though I believe that the Wii will be next, followed by the PS3 on the console side of things. I would like to see the PSP get there, but its got a lot of work to do...

PSN ID: aceninja007

aceninja007 said:
HappySqurriel said:
Honestly, I think the Nintendo DS will have that honor

Definitely, though I believe that the Wii will be next, followed by the PS3 on the console side of things. I would like to see the PSP get there, but its got a lot of work to do...

I doubt PS3 will be able to overtake the PSP, unless something major occurs

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

omgwtfbbq said:
stranne said:

First to
30M DS
40M DS
50M DS
60M DS
70M DS
80M DS
90M DS
100M DS