By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu sales : jan 3-9 2011

MHP3 is itself still having regional (though now not nationwide) shortages, it's sales aren't at all related to PSP hardware shortages.

Around the Network

so does DKCR finally put to rest the argument that the Japanese are xenophobic and as a result don't buy Western games?

psrock said:

How the hell the PS3 selling more consoles than the Wii when it's not selling any software. This just doesnt add up. 

Remember, it'll sell 5M with no software. I believed it, you don't?

Lord, those Japanese love killing monsters...

noname2200 said:

Lord, those Japanese love killing monsters...

Collecting, trading, breeding, battling, hunting, trapping, mystery dungeoning... they just love Monsters. <3

Around the Network
MrT-Tar said:

so does DKCR finally put to rest the argument that the Japanese are xenophobic and as a result don't buy Western games?

Nah, they still have a lot of material to argument.

Above: still the best game of the year.

Galaki said:
psrock said:

How the hell the PS3 selling more consoles than the Wii when it's not selling any software. This just doesnt add up. 

Remember, it'll sell 5M with no software. I believed it, you don't?

And the other one is worse, selling 11 millions despite passing most of the year in a closet collecting dust.

Above: still the best game of the year.

jarrod said:
Nintendogamer said:

Wonder what numbers Vgchartz will take MEdia creat or famitsu? or do they calculate the average between them 2? DS back on top! and nice hold for wii.

VGC's been tracking closer to MC than Famitsu weekly, probably in part because MC releases figures first.  Just look at last week's Wii & PSP numbers...

Wii

• Famitsu: 97,117
  • Media Create: 77,307
  • VGC: 73,874

PSP

• Famitsu: 75,982
  • Media Create: 108,786
  • VGC: 105,333

...if I had to guess, I'd say MC's super low PSP figure this week means they likely overtracked last week and are now normalizing the sales.  Fami probably won't be so low this week, probably more around 50-60k.  the JP trackers tend to do "adjustments" in the next week sales rather than going back and changing previous figures.

huge differences!!

hunter_alien said:
Immortal said:

Nintendomination!

Only numbers for Pokemon though, but that's my main interest anyway. It should stabilize at somewhere in the 25k range in a week or two and then stay there till the 3DS bump, which should send it up to like 50k, after which it should start declining at a 2k-5k/week range and then stall at the 10-15k range till it hits 6.2m or so, before dropping to near insignificant amounts per week and ending up somewhere between 6.25m and 6.5m.

Absolutly... oh wait, even with PSP shortages, MHP3 is #1.

I think he's talking about the rest of the chart pretty much belonging to Wii and DS.  Regardless if MHP3 is #1, the software chart is dominated by Nintendo, thus, Nintendomination.

Ni no Kuni is still doing good numbers, I was expecting a million or so, but given the fact that this is just the first game 420k is not that bad (Yes, I know the price dropped really quick to sell the first shipment) but I still think those are good numbers, there are a lot of franchises that doesnt even reach that amount even having a lot of games behind... Ds games are long sellers, so I bet it will sell those 600K and maybe a little bit more... Hopefully Level5 will bring it to the west, I am sure it can sell at least another 300k, so that would put the game about that  nice 1 mill figure... 

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064