By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu sales : jan 3-9 2011

Wonder what numbers Vgchartz will take MEdia creat or famitsu? or do they calculate the average between them 2? DS back on top! and nice hold for wii.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Around the Network

How the hell the PS3 selling more consoles than the Wii when it's not selling any software. This just doesnt add up. 

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

PS3 back on top

This is the MC chart, not the Famitsu one.

people looooooove their Mario. I'm surprised that T3B is still in the top ten considering how incredibly BAD the game's narrative is

Around the Network

why did you create a Famitsu thread but post Media Create numbers?

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

Nintendogamer said:

Wonder what numbers Vgchartz will take MEdia creat or famitsu? or do they calculate the average between them 2? DS back on top! and nice hold for wii.

(Dengeki plus MC plus FM)/3*(1 plus random(-0,05;0,05))

Or something like that ;)

edit: sigh why the hell plus sign doesn't work?

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Immortal said:

Nintendomination!

Only numbers for Pokemon though, but that's my main interest anyway. It should stabilize at somewhere in the 25k range in a week or two and then stay there till the 3DS bump, which should send it up to like 50k, after which it should start declining at a 2k-5k/week range and then stall at the 10-15k range till it hits 6.2m or so, before dropping to near insignificant amounts per week and ending up somewhere between 6.25m and 6.5m.

Absolutly... oh wait, even with PSP shortages, MHP3 is #1.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Nintendogamer said:

VGC's been tracking closer to MC than Famitsu weekly, probably in part because MC releases figures first.  Just look at last week's Wii & PSP numbers...

Wii

• Famitsu: 97,117
  • Media Create: 77,307
  • VGC: 73,874

PSP

• Famitsu: 75,982
  • Media Create: 108,786
  • VGC: 105,333

...if I had to guess, I'd say MC's super low PSP figure this week means they likely overtracked last week and are now normalizing the sales.  Fami probably won't be so low this week, probably more around 50-60k.  the JP trackers tend to do "adjustments" in the next week sales rather than going back and changing previous figures.

hunter_alien said:
Immortal said:

Nintendomination!

Only numbers for Pokemon though, but that's my main interest anyway. It should stabilize at somewhere in the 25k range in a week or two and then stay there till the 3DS bump, which should send it up to like 50k, after which it should start declining at a 2k-5k/week range and then stall at the 10-15k range till it hits 6.2m or so, before dropping to near insignificant amounts per week and ending up somewhere between 6.25m and 6.5m.

Absolutly... oh wait, even with PSP shortages, MHP3 is #1.

That's hillarious. Why exactly would PSP shortages affect MHP3? Considering that games don't tend to attract many new users in later weeks (not enough to make a significant enough difference, anyway).

Try to use some sort of twisted logic, like I do, at the very least. Also, #1 means nothing if pretty much every other position is covered by Nintendo.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx