By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The DS family should be tracked seperately

RolStoppable said:

I am sure that would be a lot of additional work and if VGC does that for one system, then people will inevitably ask why they aren't doing the same for all other systems. Throw in special and limited editions to be tracked separately and that's a whole lot of work for little benefit. Sure, would be cool to look at those numbers once in a while, but in the grand scheme of things it just doesn't matter much.

True, that's why I actually know it's never going to happen

While it's slightly off topic. What I want VGChartz to do more than anything with the sales charts... Is seperate "Americas" up into the different countries like we have European countries split up.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Kenology said:

I suspect it's to put Monster Hunter Portable series above Pokemon.

NSMB would still be #1 anyways.

That would be true, if I owned a PSP, or any Monster Hunter game. Or even WANTED to own a PSP, for any Monster Hunter game.

Not everything is about some stupid little console war. Get a grip.

Other trackers do it. It would be interesting to see which versions the public want/like more.

Ok, if you say so.

Kenology said:

Ok, if you say so.

Just to add to it. Even if the Pokemon games WERE split up...

Pokemon Red/Blue/Green averages at over 10 Million per game (Yeah, this is despite Green only ever being available in Japan)

Pokemon Gold/Silver averages at 11/12 Million per game.

Pokemon Ruby/Saphire averages at over 7 Million per game.

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl averages at over 8.5 Million per game.

The best selling Monster Hunter game is yet to hit 5 Million units. The entire Monster Hunter series has only done about 16 Million units WW. Diamond and Pearl combined have outsold the entire MH series.

How could me wanting to see sales of Pokemon be split up even remotely be linked to me wanting MH to be above Pokemon in sales?

@ Carl - I was done with that already so I'm not even gonna read all that.  I took your word for it in my reply to you.  Don't get all defensive, we've already moved on.

Kenology said:

@ Carl - I was done with that already so I'm not even gonna read all that.  I took your word for it in my reply to you.  Don't get all defensive, we've already moved on.

I'm really upset you never posted in the roast thread.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Kenology said:

I'm really upset you never posted in the roast thread.

I dunno what thae roast thread is.

morenoingrato said:

Funnyly, I haven't seen a single post from the creator after the original post.

His job is done.

I'm guessing someone's asspained that the DS outsold the PS2.

Pixel Art can be fun.

SmokedHostage said:

But...but....but...the PS2 and PStwo should be separately tracked consoles.

/sardonicism.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

SmokedHostage said:

Too bad it hasn't. We all know it still has a few million left to go.

edit: missed sarcasm, oops