By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The DS family should be tracked seperately

if people ever bring up the 'DSiWare games only play on DSi/XL and therefore they should be counted separately argument'.  Just remember that games such as FFXI only work on the original PS2, not the slim.

Around the Network

A few years ago, it was the ps2, with almost 70% of the market, who was the all star console. Too bad it breaks your little fanboy's heart, but that's the way it is.

'Hail to the King, baby'

thekitchensink said:

I would then motion that all the Xbox 360s that were sold without a hard drive be separated from those with one, as the same situation applies.

All 360's have a built in Flash Drive(albeit, it is very small like 256 mb and now the slims have 4gb built in)

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

The differences between each of the Nintendo DS models are insignificant, they certainly aren't neerly as drastic as you seem to think they are, and the models have MUCH more in common with each other than two systems from seperate generations would - - - - - -  your opinion on the matter is unimprotant and irrelevant in the sales tracking world, thankfully, and your confusion about what the 3DS is supposed to be only makes this more apparent

Around the Network

But wait Username2324, the PS3 and X360 have received componenet upgrades.  Their CPU's, GPU's and Motherboards have all had die shrinks or upgraded PCB's for better efficiency and performance.  Do I even need to point out the various hard drive configurations of the PS3 and X360?  

You could even argue that their are 4 seperate generations of the PS3 based on the internal hardare configurations and a total of 14 different overall confiurations themselves and 18 different model numbers.

The X360 has seen 10 standard retail confiurations plus an additional 8 more special editions.

PSP also says hi. 

The rEVOLution is not being televised

homer said:
thekitchensink said:

I would then motion that all the Xbox 360s that were sold without a hard drive be separated from those with one, as the same situation applies.

All 360's have a built in Flash Drive(albeit, it is very small like 256 mb and now the slims have 4gb built in)

My launch Pro doesn't have any flash drive.  Only (some of) the Arcade units and the 4GB S units have onboard flash.

jarrod said:
homer said:
thekitchensink said:

My launch Pro doesn't have any flash drive.  Only (some of) the Arcade units and the 4GB S units have onboard flash.

Really? Did it come with a harddrive?(I assume yes because it was a pro) I thought all Arcades had a flash drive.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

homer said:
jarrod said:
homer said:
thekitchensink said:

Really? Did it come with a harddrive?(I assume yes because it was a pro) I thought all Arcades had a flash drive.

Early Arcade models came with a 256 MB external card.  Later units had the 256 MB built in and then finally it was upgraded to 512 MB's.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

lol people sometimes... nevermind..

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(