By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony has a real chance of dethroning Nintendo 3DS

the ds' main audience is not interested in 3d

Around the Network

Theres no way.... I mean i love my psp but nintendo could come out with the biggest piece of junk ever and sell millions.... Even though to this day nintendo hasnt come out with junk cause there totally awesome hahahaha

I sure hope so. Nintendo has controlled the handheld market for long enough.

The DS phat did it, wii did it, the kinect did it, now the gimmick for the 3DS will bring it success as well. New technology like this sells, as long as it does a good enough job.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Nintendo could put a Gameboy in a 3DS box and still win the handheld war...if you can even call it a war. It's kinda like the Iraq war, cept sony is iraq and Nintendo is the US. :)

Whatever you may think, my money is on the 3DS.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

Around the Network
MrT-Tar said:
fps_d0minat0r said:

if you think about it, psp wasnt known for fps's which is a massive genre. ds cant do it with 1 thumb stick so i think that will be a major point.

in japan, which ever gets monster hunter first will dominate but again, i think it will be better on psp with a second thumb stick, PSN and better graphics.

lastly, piracy, it screws up 3rd party support, if one gets hit by it and the other doesnt then one will obvisouly have an advantage.

but then again nintendo can sell anything to little kids so on a sales point, i expect 3ds to do better but on games i think psp2 will be much better.

Have you played MP Hunters?

The 3DS set up would just be fine for an FPS if that control scheme is used and the D-Pad replaced with the slider.

Additionally, they could just use the gyro for camera controls, which they already are in some titles (Zelda notably).  This would work especially well for something like Monster Hunter, since that game generally requires access to a lot of buttons, so you'll want your hand free for presing XYABR rather than using the touchscreen.  It actually could be better than a 2nd analog camera.

I do think PSP2 will be attractive for FPS though.  360 level visuals and dual analogs will make every dudebro developer salivate.

Without having a real major sales-point on the PSP2 other than it is new; it has about as likely of a shot of dethroning the 3DS as the Gamecube had of dethroning the PS2 based on the fact that it was a more powerful system.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Alby_da_Wolf said:

Couldn't it happen that DS will slaughter all of them, PSP, PSP2 and 3DS too?

After all something similar already happened in another market, Windows XP slaughtered Vista...

That would be hilarious XD

WarmachineX said:

Nintendo could put a Gameboy in a 3DS box and still win the handheld war...if you can even call it a war. It's kinda like the Iraq war, cept sony is iraq and Nintendo is the US. :)

Whatever you may think, my money is on the 3DS.

Except the U.S. of the present day doesn't know how to both win a war and make winning profitable. The Iraq war really is like PS3 vs 360 in that respect. I would say its like the first gulf war in Kuwait when the U.S. won quickly and profited at the same time.

Tease.

Chibi.V.29 said:
libellule said:

3DS : most insane portable hype EVER

PSP2 : no hype

I guess u are wrong

Well it does help that the 3DS has been announced :P

you know that your point is HUGE

but... it doesnt change the fact that I doubt sony possess any "wow element" that could compete with the "3D withouto glasses" of the 3DS ...

Time to Work !