By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The PlayStation Move is doing phenomenally - EEDAR Analyst

psrock said:
slowmo said:

Since when did Sony fans become the bullied minority on this site, some of you guys make me laugh.

You came to this thread jus to post this , my god, this is getting insane.

Anyways, I went to Target today and I realized why Move is not selling any games, there are none that really stands out, I have move since it started and I really can't see myself buying any of the gAmes sony has to offer for it.

Yeah, there is probably only one move game that interest me and that's Sports Champions. The Fight had potential but feedback has been "worse than average", though I still want to give it a try. 

I'll see if it really does improve my accuracy in games like KIllzone 3.

Around the Network
Jay520 said:
psrock said:
slowmo said:

Since when did Sony fans become the bullied minority on this site, some of you guys make me laugh.

Anyways, I went to Target today and I realized why Move is not selling any games, there are none that really stands out, I have move since it started and I really can't see myself buying any of the gAmes sony has to offer for it.

Yeah, there is probably only one move game that interest me and that's Sports Champions. The Fight had potential but feedback has been "worse than average", though I still want to give it a try. 

I'll see if it really does improve my accuracy in games like KIllzone 3.

The reviews have been worse than average, the user feedback on forums all over the place and user reviews that I've seen (including mine!) are very positive. The User Metascore is 7.5 but that's only down to 7 mysterious bad review scores that haven't had any sort of review text to back it up. The Fight Lights Out is the best Move game out there and shows exactly what Move is capable of, and deserves a Metascore of 80 plus.

The problem that the majority of reviewers have had is that you need to do training to build up your fighter's stats and improve his performance. Your fighter at the beginning is a bit pants, and the Training routines are hard work physically. Once you up your stats from the default 1 point to the 15-20 mark the game just clicks. I'm not too sure if that's down to the stats being improved or whether you just get over the learning curve but your punches connect better. I just don't think the reviewers took the time or energy to do much training. I also find it odd that there isn't a single cideo review demonstrating how the game performs showing the reviewer on one camera inset and the fighting going on at the same time. Kinect's $500m marketing campaign perhaps..? Maybe those conspiracy theorists might have a point..?!? :Oo

The controls are spot-on, true 1:1 with absolutely no lag whatsoever and if you're missing punches or your punches aren't hitting hard enough then it's completely down to you being pants, not the controls.

To get the best out of the game a second Move controller is essential, it's worth buying a second Move controller just to play Archery and Gladiator Duel in Sports Champions and The Fight Lights Out properly. I've done a mini-review and bunged it in the Official Move thread up the top there. It's the best Move title out there imo an is an essential purchase for anyone that has Move...just be aware that you'll be crippled for a couple of days after first trying it out lol

psrock said:
slowmo said:

No I just object to Sony fans pretending they're some sort of bullied minority when it's batantly not true on this site.  It's more telling that you object to my post and not the posts before mine by some of the sony fans.  If you think I wasn't telling the truth then call me out, unfortunately I was so I don't see your issue.

i still prefer Move cause it can handle games more properly in any genre whereas kinect only more fun to play with casual games

slowmo said:
psrock said:
slowmo said:

No I just object to Sony fans pretending they're some sort of bullied minority when it's batantly not true on this site.  It's more telling that you object to my post and not the posts before mine by some of the sony fans.  If you think I wasn't telling the truth then call me out, unfortunately I was so I don't see your issue.

I agree with you that PS3 owners are the not the "bullied minority."  But I will say that PS3 threads get trolled a good bit more.

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
Squilliam said:

Which had nothing to do with me.

Sure it did.  You were trying to explain Kowenicki's point.  His real point was he couldn't really justify calling Move a success because it seems that many developers may just start using it as an alternate control method.  Going so far to say that if developers started to do the same thing with Kinect, we could call that a failure, regardless of sales.  I was just illustrating how that point was invalid.

The thing is he is free to say that Move isn't a success so long as his reasoning isn't 'I hate X'. Personally I don't see Move as a success (YET!) so if someone else says that it isn't and they are talking about the short term I have to agree with him or her. However on the other hand I have already talked about how Move wouldn't be a success in 2010 because it needed to establish a baseline userbase (done) in order for it to grow off that word of mouth in 2011. Did you read my thread saying all of that? Essentially not to repeat myself too much Sony needs Move for three major things.

1. Increase demand at the same price point. (looks good)
2. Give them a way to offer two different SKUs in order for them to emulate the MS Arcade/250GB mix and maintain their average price whilst giving the price concious an option for a cheaper PS3. (expected with the $2xx base and $299 PS3 Move combo this year). They can only afford that $199 PS3 if only the cheapest of the people go for it, just as Microsoft does with the Arcade where most people still buy the Premium console but they can still tap into those lower price points for between 20-50% of their sales depending on region. Move lets them have an average sale price of $240-260 even when they sell the PS3 for $199 which is significantly better than $210 or $205 if all they sell is the base model.
3. A way to bridge the future PS4 and its control scheme back to the PS3 so the PS3 stays relevant even if they pursue even more advanced motion. (Thats a work in progress due to the lower current Move attach rate, don't sweat it though)

Tease.

psrock said:

I think the reason MS fans is acting this way is because they know deep inside that with the Kinect success, unlike the Move, MS will be pushing Kinect games like crazy and pushing back the few core games they actually have. I actually think they are going 100% Kinect next Gen, how beautiful.

Wow, what an incredibly productive post. How about instead of you telling us how much you hope Microsoft fails the hardcore for whatever reasons you might have, you instead stay on topic without any of this stupid fanboy nonsense. How about we talk about how the Move and Kinect sales were very good for this industry? Or how a lot of new people are getting into gaming?  Anything but the same old dumb Sony vs whoever. I get it already.

Lazthelost said:
psrock said:

I think the reason MS fans is acting this way is because they know deep inside that with the Kinect success, unlike the Move, MS will be pushing Kinect games like crazy and pushing back the few core games they actually have. I actually think they are going 100% Kinect next Gen, how beautiful.

Wow, what an incredibly productive post. How about instead of you telling us how much you hope Microsoft fails the hardcore for whatever reasons you might have, you instead stay on topic without any of this stupid fanboy nonsense. How about we talk about how the Move and Kinect sales were very good for this industry? Or how a lot of new people are getting into gaming?  Anything but the same old dumb Sony vs whoever. I get it already.

I hope MS go 100% Kinect, that's my dream, my passion, my orgasm, my life. 

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:

Lol, thats likely actually. However Kinect always has a controller to compliment it, next time that controller will be designed for Kinect.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
psrock said:

Lol, thats likely actually. However Kinect always has a controller to compliment it, next time that controller will be designed for Kinect.

You are the controller. At least MS has a better vision than Sony when it comes to motion control, hopefully Sony upgrade their camera to at least a non-1998 cellphone version.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)