By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

7 Kinect games in the top 50 against 1 MOVE game. So....... we have a winner???

Around the Network
Alby_da_Wolf said:

Excellent  360, the strongest in America this week, while in EMEAA it's the 2nd weakest, beating just PSP. Overall, though, this week EMEAA is a market a lot stronger than America and the different tastes between the two regions appear quite strong, with Kinect slaughtering Balance Board in America and kicking it out of the Top Ten again, while in EMEAA and WW Kinect beats it, but in a less gruesome way.

What the point of this comment? Talking about a 2 months old acessory outselling another weekly that is 2.5 year old?

Above: still the best game of the year.

CGI-Quality said:
Conegamer said:

Good sales for Wii and 360 and Kinect!

Poor PS3, maybe next year it'll be number one

Or...maybe,it won't. I'm sure it'll do fine, but when?

Depends on how you look at it. 360 & PS3 are up YoY for the week, the Wii is down. I wouldn't say the PS3 is in a bad position at all, especially if it remains consistent with early 2010 levels.

Really? But still, the PS3 will likely be in a better position in the next few weeks when LBP2 is released, so I'm not worried

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Beuli2 said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

Excellent  360, the strongest in America this week, while in EMEAA it's the 2nd weakest, beating just PSP. Overall, though, this week EMEAA is a market a lot stronger than America and the different tastes between the two regions appear quite strong, with Kinect slaughtering Balance Board in America and kicking it out of the Top Ten again, while in EMEAA and WW Kinect beats it, but in a less gruesome way.

What the point of this comment? Talking about a 2 months old acessory outselling another weekly that is 2.5 year old?

I reckon Jealousy

You haave to spin things if you're a fan, I suppose.

But yeah, the analogy is idiotic, to say the least. Just because Red Steel 2 beat the GTA IV in sales on its week of release doesn't mean it'll ever sell more than it...

Beuli2 said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

What are you going to say when wii fit starts outselling Kinect. 

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
CGI-Quality said:
Conegamer said:

Depends on how you look at it. 360 & PS3 are up YoY for the week, the Wii is down. I wouldn't say the PS3 is in a bad position at all, especially if it remains consistent with early 2010 levels.

Really? But still, the PS3 will likely be in a better position in the next few weeks when LBP2 is released, so I'm not worried

LBP2 isn't going to do anything 0_o

GianCarmen said:
Beuli2 said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

What are you going to say when wii fit starts outselling Kinect. 

That Kinect flopped so hard that even a 3 years acessory is outselling it.

Above: still the best game of the year.

CGI-Quality said:
Seece said:
Conegamer said:
CGI-Quality said:
Conegamer said:

LBP2 isn't going to do anything 0_o

Sequels many times have boosting impact (even if for just one week or tiny lifts the weeks after the launch). I can see a bit of a spike, with a similar one for KZ3's launch. They won't be a GT/Halo-type spikes, but lifts that could keep the system healthy between the two titles for Jan & Feb.

Pretty much this, also, remember the PS3 is about the only console with good exclsuives this month,I don't see Lost in Shadow doing anything, and The Last Story is Japan-only...

What would happen to sales of wii fit if they decide to drop the price, my guess is that sales will go up. Talk to me 3 years from now If the Kinect is still selling like wii fit since almost 3 years from launch.

Looks like Kinect adventures will outsell Halo Reach very soon that's crazy no wonder Microsoft is focusing on Kinect so much in 2011.