Conegamer said:
CGI-Quality said:
Seece said:
Conegamer said:
CGI-Quality said:
Conegamer said:

Good sales for Wii and 360 and Kinect!

Poor PS3, maybe next year it'll be number one

Or...maybe,it won't. I'm sure it'll do fine, but when?

Depends on how you look at it. 360 & PS3 are up YoY for the week, the Wii is down. I wouldn't say the PS3 is in a bad position at all, especially if it remains consistent with early 2010 levels.

Really? But still, the PS3 will likely be in a better position in the next few weeks when LBP2 is released, so I'm not worried

LBP2 isn't going to do anything 0_o

Sequels many times have boosting impact (even if for just one week or tiny lifts the weeks after the launch). I can see a bit of a spike, with a similar one for KZ3's launch. They won't be a GT/Halo-type spikes, but lifts that could keep the system healthy between the two titles for Jan & Feb.

Pretty much this, also, remember the PS3 is about the only console with good exclsuives this month,I don't see Lost in Shadow doing anything, and The Last Story is Japan-only...

I don't see LittleBigPlanet 2 having even a "bit of a spike" in PS3 sales, however that's just my opinion. I love playing LittleBigPlanet 1, and i guess i'm not ready to move on from this experience just yet. Maybe my view is shared amongst most people that have LBP 1. So i'm assuming that most of the people that buy LBP 2 will be the Level Creator community, or new comers.

I'm very happy with the Kinect's success - especially as of late, and it makes me really enthusiastic about how much more implementation we'll see within games, and apps. Microsoft is being eerily quiet in discussing exclusives, and upcoming Xbox Live features, and it's making me anticipate E3 much more than previous years before.

Follow Me: twitter.com/alkamiststar

Watch Me: youtube.com/alkamiststar

Play Along: XBL & SEN : AlkamistStar

Around the Network

Go 360,kinect adventures is the new King

microsoft are crushing sony in the usa

Above & Beyond

forest-spirit said:
Metroid: Other M (Wii)
Nintendo
18 8,857 483,743

*sniff* looks like Other M has had it's last week above 10k in a single region. I don't think it will rise above again. Poor Samus... Hel awaits thee. T_T

Its sold much more than it deserves, they are lucky the Metroid name helped it sell that much, on its own merits it wouldn't have done half of that.

The difference between Gran Turismo 5 in America and Europe this week is really big, its interesting to see how much bigger Europe is for the racing market.

CGI-Quality said:

Btw, the 360 is a MONSTER in the United States (even outselling the Wii). Just fantastic!

WTF!?!? Why are the numbers so high after the holidays? Was there an adjustment or something? I did not expect the Xbox 360 to be over 500K at all. I had them at around 400K - 450K, which I believe is significantly higher then the 311K total in Jan 2, 2010. Even without Japan, Xbox 360 total not only beat the PS3 in 2011, but also beat the PS3 total from Jan 2, 2010, which was  550K. Now I'm wonder where the Xbox 360 weekly total will level off at?

Numbers already :p ?

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
Beuli2 said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

Excellent  360, the strongest in America this week, while in EMEAA it's the 2nd weakest, beating just PSP. Overall, though, this week EMEAA is a market a lot stronger than America and the different tastes between the two regions appear quite strong, with Kinect slaughtering Balance Board in America and kicking it out of the Top Ten again, while in EMEAA and WW Kinect beats it, but in a less gruesome way.

What the point of this comment? Talking about a 2 months old acessory outselling another weekly that is 2.5 year old?

I reckon Jealousy

You haave to spin things if you're a fan, I suppose.

But yeah, the analogy is idiotic, to say the least. Just because Red Steel 2 beat the GTA IV in sales on its week of release doesn't mean it'll ever sell more than it...

(Note: for convenience and clarity sake, to avoid having to choose between a redundant completeness and two partial answers, I'll answer both you and Beuli here).

Absolutely not. I'm not a Kinect fan, even less of MS and I'm still a PC gamer, but for my gaming tastes I know the best motion controls could be WiiMote Plus and PS Move, and also Balance Board for skiing, snowboarding, surfing and some other games. But I'm amazed by Kinect's success, particularly in America, and by the different and higher degree of success it has there compared to other regions. Also I see I was quite right thinking that instead of competing with the whole Wii, it has the right features to be a strong competitor, if it receives enough good games, of just Balance Board. And as I wrote, if you read what I wrote less superficially, what's different in America is that elsewhere nothing, not even a new fancy and heavily advertised peripheral, could kick BB out of the Top 10 during Xmas, neither now nor in the past (and very rarely also in other periods of the year), Kinect's strenght in America is a lot higher than overall WW, the thing is quite evident. Not to mention that despite not as much as last year, but thanks both to Wii Fit Plus and the larger Wii user base, but also to EU bundling, also this year WW Balance Board is stronger than back in Wii Fit times. Many of the things I write in a clearer and explicit way here, anyway, could have been deduced from my original phrase, no need to be so jumpy.   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

CGI-Quality said:
Conegamer said:

Good sales for Wii and 360 and Kinect!

Poor PS3, maybe next year it'll be number one

Or...maybe,it won't. I'm sure it'll do fine, but when?

Depends on how you look at it. 360 & PS3 are up YoY for the week, the Wii is down. I wouldn't say the PS3 is in a bad position at all, especially if it remains consistent with early 2010 levels.

Conegamer is comparing PS3 to the sales of the other two consoles.  You're just comparing PS3 sales to itself the previous year.  By that metric, yes, the PS3 is doing great.  But not everyone has to look at things solely from that point of view.

seems kinect is getting popular, pushing HW

let's see how far 350 goes

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Beuli2 said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

Excellent  360, the strongest in America this week, while in EMEAA it's the 2nd weakest, beating just PSP. Overall, though, this week EMEAA is a market a lot stronger than America and the different tastes between the two regions appear quite strong, with Kinect slaughtering Balance Board in America and kicking it out of the Top Ten again, while in EMEAA and WW Kinect beats it, but in a less gruesome way.

What the point of this comment? Talking about a 2 months old acessory outselling another weekly that is 2.5 year old?

My answer to you is included in the one to Conegamer, a few posts before this one.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Seece said:

PS3 and 360 tied Year to Date.

What data you use for your table.

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 27th Dec 2009 to 25th Dec 2010:
PS3 - 14,394,032
X360- 13,939,173

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 03rd Jan 2010 to 01st Jan 2011:
PS3 - 14,324,107
X360 - 14,271,839

I aways had this question... what better to cover a year?