By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official LBP2 Review Thread

i don't understand why lbp2 have a worst score then lbp1 it's a way better then the first game

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Around the Network

A lot of the sub-90 reviews (and especially the extremely critical 75 from Destructoid) pan the clunky controls, having been carried over from the first game.

WTF???

Sure I haven't played a lot of LBP, but I've played enough that I can give my own assessment of the controls and they are not clunky, or rather any clunkiness feels like it's meant to be part of the game, not an flaw or something they tried out that didn't work. I think the controls work very well, it's part of what makes LBP LBP. The only frustration is moving between the planes, but that's worth about a 0.1 deduction at best, because it still works fine most of the time.

Can someone please explain to me why the physics of LBP is so objectively broken that people can say it's a major weakness that needed to be fixed for LBP2? I just don't see it myself.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

they are still coming in..slowly

CheatCC

94/100

http://www.cheatcc.com/ps3/rev/littlebigplanet2review2.html

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

I think LBP 2 will end at 93 after all the reviews are in....

binary solo said:

A lot of the sub-90 reviews (and especially the extremely critical 75 from Destructoid) pan the clunky controls, having been carried over from the first game.

WTF???

Sure I haven't played a lot of LBP, but I've played enough that I can give my own assessment of the controls and they are not clunky, or rather any clunkiness feels like it's meant to be part of the game, not an flaw or something they tried out that didn't work. I think the controls work very well, it's part of what makes LBP LBP. The only frustration is moving between the planes, but that's worth about a 0.1 deduction at best, because it still works fine most of the time.

Can someone please explain to me why the physics of LBP is so objectively broken that people can say it's a major weakness that needed to be fixed for LBP2? I just don't see it myself.

I completely agree with you about the control issue and it's one thing that annoys me about reviews and general attitudes towards games. People often complain that games are too similar (i.e. COD or Mario clones ect) and then when games like Killzone or LBP come along with a different control system, instead of being accepted as trying to be different they are just assumed to be broken! I don't see what the issue with the physics is in LBP, I find they suit the game well. If I wanted to play a game with Mario like controls I'd go and play Mario!

Another thing they seem to forgot to mention or even realise at all is that all the levels from the previous game are carried over to this one and so of coarse the controls can't be changed as otherwise the levels from the original game would be incompatible here.

Around the Network

If this game falls bellow 90 i will choke every game reviewer on internet to death

it ain't done yet

G4TV

5/5

http://g4tv.com/games/ps3/63750/LittleBigPlanet-2/review/

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

the reason i think LBP had a higer score was because it had a greater impact at the time. I dont think we said seen anything like it before. LBP2 is more or less like LBP1 and it still blows us all away because it is getting an awesome score.

NZGamr gave it  a 94/100 as well

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

CGI-Quality said:

Anyone picking it up tomorrow?

I have a limited amount of money right now. Its either this game or killzone 3. Im going to wait for killzone 3 reviews to decide which one to pick up.