By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MONSTER HUNTER 4, where do you think it will go?

BoneArk said:

I think MH4 will be released next generation on the Wii2 or the PS4. I don't think Capcom will release it on the next Microsoft console b/c I don't think it will sell well in Japan.

PS4's too far away imo, they'll want to release MH4 2013 at the absolute latest and that might be too late to really get it going on PS4 (which might not even launch until after 2013).

More likely it'll be 2012-ish on either PS3 or an early Wii 2 game.  Or maybe multiplatform on both (and possibly 360 too then).

Around the Network

id love to see a monster hunter on the ps3

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

1. It'll be on Wii, to prolong the Wii's life in Japan

2. It'll be on PS3, for the same reasons (unlikely due to not having Tri)

3. It'll be on Wii2 to follow up on the success of tri

4. It'll be multiplat between Wii2 and PS4 in 2013 (most likely), but will sell better on wii2, hence that's where the series will stay

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

this is an ad-hoc network, works on any wifi device with the proper setup.

basically an internal networking structure without an Access Point, don't make it out to be anything more than it is, I'm talking to you 4K1.

if sony was smart they'd throw some money capcom's way to get it on the psp2.  although, i'd actually buy one it if it were on the ps3.

3DS wouldn't surprise me though...maybe multiplat with 3DS and psp2.

Around the Network
dahuman said:

this is an ad-hoc network, works on any wifi device with the proper setup.

basically an internal networking structure without an Access Point, don't make it out to be anything more than it is, I'm talking to you 4K1.

I said without it MH success wouldn't be what it is? Where is the problem?

kitler53 said:

3DS wouldn't surprise me though...maybe multiplat with 3DS and psp2.

Multiplat on home consoles is possible but it'll never happen on handhelds... this game relies on local multiplayer in Japan and Capcom won't split the community for it by making it multi.  It'll be 3DS or PSP2, but not both.

4k1x3r said:

I said without it MH success wouldn't be what it is? Where is the problem?

Actually, I think MH would've been just as successful if PSP used a wired local multiplayer solution.  The success is derived from local multiplayer, same as Pokemon a decade earlier.

PSP for sure, but it's hard to say which way it can be ported.

It can be PSP and by the time that releases the 3DS should be out and able to run the game with similar PSP graphics.

Or it can come out on the PSP2, but from the rumors the PSP2 can have graphics close to or similar to the PS3, so it could be a good idea to port it to at least the PS3.

Hard to say, if Sony was wise though they'd throw a shit load of money into making that exclusive (or atleast timed exclusive) for the PSP2.

i think we cannot say it yet...cause we dont know the release date...maybe its really for a next-gen console...but for this gen...hmm really dont know...why not the Wii again?its cheaper to develop on that than on PS3 or Xbox...but i really would prefer a PS3 release...i want a fukkin HD MH with mindblowing graphics and stuff like that...but if its again for Wii im also cool with that!