By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MONSTER HUNTER 4, where do you think it will go?

TT Makaveli said:

i think we cannot say it yet...cause we dont know the release date...maybe its really for a next-gen console...but for this gen...hmm really dont know...why not the Wii again?its cheaper to develop on that than on PS3 or Xbox...but i really would prefer a PS3 release...i want a fukkin HD MH with mindblowing graphics and stuff like that...but if its again for Wii im also cool with that!

There is already an HD Monster Hunter and it's on the Xbox360 (at least in Japan).

Around the Network
DavidValbu said:
TT Makaveli said:

i think we cannot say it yet...cause we dont know the release date...maybe its really for a next-gen console...but for this gen...hmm really dont know...why not the Wii again?its cheaper to develop on that than on PS3 or Xbox...but i really would prefer a PS3 release...i want a fukkin HD MH with mindblowing graphics and stuff like that...but if its again for Wii im also cool with that!

There is already an HD Monster Hunter and it's on the Xbox360 (at least in Japan).

yes? sry didnt knew this...but i mean a MH that we can all enjoy...and what is that for a move to release a MH on Xbox360 in Japan?doesnt sound so smart really...

TT Makaveli said:
DavidValbu said:
TT Makaveli said:

yes? sry didnt knew this...but i mean a MH that we can all enjoy...and what is that for a move to release a MH on Xbox360 in Japan?doesnt sound so smart really...

Here it is. Yes, you are right, it wasn't a smasrt move, just a 'deperate struggle' for Microsoft trying to increase the Japanese 360 user's base but they failed. It's all about the amount of money you want to pay to Capcom.

MHFO sold over 100k on 360, so I don't think it was all that terrible a move considering where the platform is today and for what the game actually is.  Capcom surely made money on it (easy port, subscription based, MS incentives).

If I was Capcom I would want to try out the 3D effect the 3DS has with a monster hunter game. I strongly believe the next portable monster hunter game will be on 3DS

It would really help when it comes to hitting a monster with a sword or whatever. Sometimes I try to hit a monster but it is actually a bit further away than I think so I miss it. But in 3d you can actually see the distance between you and the monster.

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network

It could go either way (Wii/Wii successor or PS3/4).  I think it's more likely to stick to Nintendo home consoles, avoiding splitting the home console fanbase across two platforms.

Its still really up in the air though

I'm guessing it's going to be on 3DS and then later ported to the PSP2.  With handhelds being huge in Japan, to me it would be the no-brainer thing to do.

Roma said:

If I was Capcom I would want to try out the 3D effect the 3DS has with a monster hunter game. I strongly believe the next portable monster hunter game will be on 3DS

It would really help when it comes to hitting a monster with a sword or whatever. Sometimes I try to hit a monster but it is actually a bit further away than I think so I miss it. But in 3d you can actually see the distance between you and the monster.

Maybe the 3D effect will be good, but dont forget 3D is also on PS3, although thats not especially affordable at the moment. but it seems to me it will be 3DS, but this dosent rule out PSP2. i think the PS3 will be around a lot longer than when Nintendo releases the Wii 2 or the next Xbox, so its possible we see a multiplatform release for the HD home consoles imo.

At this point it's Sony's struggle to keep the games on their platforms. On the rare occassions Nintendo actually plays ball with a 3rd party franchise, they don't dick around.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Either Wii2  or PS4.

MHP4 will be on 3DS if Nintendo is smart, that'll give them 1st place in Japan for sure