By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Looks like Kinect's performance has made haters silent!

I'm surprised Your Shape isn't doing better in the US honestly, it's had a TON of advertising.  Nearly as much as Just Dance 2 even... I think Ubi might've been expecting it to be bigger than this.

Kinect Sports is doing phenomenally though, as has Dance Central (though it's been pushed like crazy) and I think Kinectimals has been doing decently too.  All 3 have the right makings for legitimate evergreens imo.

Around the Network
Funtime said:
Doobie_wop said:
Funtime said:
Doobie_wop said:

Your wrong. I continue to be openly hateful of Kinect and just because it's a success (which I knew it would be), it doesn't mean that I don't think it's a piece of shit. I dislike motion controls in general. Thank you for creating this thread, it has given me another opportunity to spread my hate.

LOLUMAD! LOLPS3LASTTHISGEN!

*wipes sweat from brow* trolling is exausting.

It's not trolling. He maid a point, I said that the point doesn't apply to me and gave my opinion on the matter. My dislike of a product doesn't make me a troll against that certain product. I also mentioned that I dislike motion controls in general and I'm assuming your referring to my opinion on Kinect as trolling, but really, I'm just trolling motion controls in general because they suck. 

What you did with an immature attempt at trolling, you've gotta put more emphasize on the 'LOL', maybe added about eight more and bold them.

It's trolling whether you meant it to be or not. If I made a post stating that the PS3 is "a piece of shit" like you did to Kinect I would be accused of trolling and probably handed a 3 day ban.

Just because something doesn't suit your personal taste doesn't make it shit.

he won't be banned  because this site is double standard and most moderators don't care for M$. Those who are harsh on ps3 get banned, not on M$ products. I know because I turned some one in for a comment on xbox and got banned for something less then what he said. It happens all the time. Lets say I did some tests and it is very true.

He may get banned because I brought this to light though. as of now he is not.

Doobie_wop said:

Your wrong. I continue to be openly hateful of Kinect and just because it's a success (which I knew it would be), it doesn't mean that I don't think it's a piece of shit. I dislike motion controls in general. Thank you for creating this thread, it has given me another opportunity to spread my hate.

COme on moderators, if  I said that about the competition I would get banned. DOUBLE STANDARDS huh.

thats why xbox fans don't come onto the internet because of this treatment.  So it's ok to say I think something is a piece of sh-t. I will save this comment for future preference. either you punish all or you let it all go.

Make up your mind. this is the reason It took me so long to join because i see the double standard in this site and many others. You gave all the power to ps3 followers and now look what happens. I can't even say fan--- without getting banned but yet he gets away with calling kinect a piece of shit.

GFYS!

jesus kung fu magic said:
psrock said:
Torillian said:
psrock said:
Torillian said:
psrock said:

This is basicly spamming as well as a flame thread.

Seriously we need some help moderating this site.

A single copy thread isn't too bad, I'll start locking them if they turn into one of those idiotic popular forum trends but just one is fine.  It's on the border of flamebait but the GT5 thread was as well and I decided it was just on this side of acceptable and left it. 

You have to make a balance between stopping stealth trolling and letting forum goers discuss what they want to, I might lean towards the latter but I don't think this thread is too terrible

He made this thread already, I think it was called

" so, Kinect is at 5 million" where he stated the same thing as this one, plus the 10's of other kinect thread he makes daily.

mk, I will keep an eye on him and make sure any other threads about Kinect he makes atleast has some kind of new information. 

Feel free to PM me anything like this you see that I haven't happened to catch.  I know some of you guys would prefer this forum was like Gaf and the moderators were able to catch every little instance of rule breaking by themselves but we don't have the number of moderators that would require and they are all volunteers so I can't expect them to read through the whole forum for moderation purposes.  That means we need the help of the general forum goers to catch everything, so if you see something you don't think is right but it isn't something worth reporting officially just give myself or Machina a PM and we'll look into it.

Trust me, i feel bad for you guys to have to moderate this site as so many new members are joining in, but I don't think many of them even know the rules. The forums need to be cleaned up and As I stated to Machina, new rules have to be inforced as there are more members now.

We don't have to be like GAF, but a lot of great members are not even posting anymore because it's just too messy.

Aww shucks.....dont worry , the J man will still post from time to time

I would have to say it's always been this way accept that it was in ps3's favor. Now everyone is crying foul because we have more xbox fans joining and being vocal, not flaming but speaking there mind. Before if your where a xbox fan it was a good idea to just not join or STFU!

It only does DOUBLE STANDARDS.

So we got a guy watching for people posting threads but not a guy calling kinect a piece of sh-t in the thread . HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMm

Wonder why that is? 

toadslayer72 said:
Torillian said:
toadslayer72 said:
toastboy44562 said:
Torillian said:
toastboy44562 said:

lolz. i wont make any new ones for a while. can i bump my kinect hitting 20 million every 2 million it sells?

no

dayum.

Looks like the 360 heads will have to do the bumpin'.

bumping every 5 million because they are big milestones I can see, bumping every 2 million is ridiculous overkill and if you do it you'll be moderated for spamming. 

See you every 5 then.

I will be hear with you if I don't get banned for less then what others say on this site.  we will see though.

I will bump it when I think it comes time.  Posting about anything ps3 ok, XBOX, you will be banned for spamming.

It only does double standards. I will put that in my sig to remind me that I do not have the same rights on this site as others .

Around the Network
jesus kung fu magic said:
psrock said:
Torillian said:
psrock said:
Torillian said:
psrock said:

This is basicly spamming as well as a flame thread.

Seriously we need some help moderating this site.

A single copy thread isn't too bad, I'll start locking them if they turn into one of those idiotic popular forum trends but just one is fine.  It's on the border of flamebait but the GT5 thread was as well and I decided it was just on this side of acceptable and left it. 

You have to make a balance between stopping stealth trolling and letting forum goers discuss what they want to, I might lean towards the latter but I don't think this thread is too terrible

He made this thread already, I think it was called

" so, Kinect is at 5 million" where he stated the same thing as this one, plus the 10's of other kinect thread he makes daily.

mk, I will keep an eye on him and make sure any other threads about Kinect he makes atleast has some kind of new information. 

Feel free to PM me anything like this you see that I haven't happened to catch.  I know some of you guys would prefer this forum was like Gaf and the moderators were able to catch every little instance of rule breaking by themselves but we don't have the number of moderators that would require and they are all volunteers so I can't expect them to read through the whole forum for moderation purposes.  That means we need the help of the general forum goers to catch everything, so if you see something you don't think is right but it isn't something worth reporting officially just give myself or Machina a PM and we'll look into it.

Trust me, i feel bad for you guys to have to moderate this site as so many new members are joining in, but I don't think many of them even know the rules. The forums need to be cleaned up and As I stated to Machina, new rules have to be inforced as there are more members now.

We don't have to be like GAF, but a lot of great members are not even posting anymore because it's just too messy.

Aww shucks.....dont worry , the J man will still post from time to time

WHY DON'T YOU GET SOME MORE UNBIASED PEOPLE TO DO THE JOB! That would be a start.

Mr Puggsly said:
Bobbuffalo said:

Kicnect has just sold to Xbox users. There are no people around buying and xbox to play Kinect. There are no games that make people go and buy a kinect. What did you expected with the huge marketing behind it?

Sorry but 5 M sales is not that much. at. all.

Right, the Kinect has nothing to do with the 360 having its best year ever.

5m units sold is actually an amazing start. Just a matter of time before its 10 million units sold.

Best year ever? It didn't outsold the wii and it was selling before Kinect thanks to the Slim model. HD consoles just sold when they have hardware changes or price cuts.

5 millions for start yeah is fine but it was obvious due to the extremely high marketing it had. It just created a huge hype and made everybody go and buy it. Let's see it next year will do the same without any killer app on their own.

Mr Puggsly said:
Metallicube said:

I still stand by my statement that Kinect will not sell in the long term. I always believed and stated that it would sell the first couple months, based primarilly on the novelty and the natural holiday boost. Also, the games are already not selling that well (udraw and its flagship game is selling better than most Kinect games).

The true test will be how it performs during the slow months next year, and I don't beleive it'll pass that test. Child of Eden and Star Wars will not be enough to keep Kinect sales going.

Really? You don't think the launch software is doing well?

Lets look at the software sales...

Kinect Sports (X360)
Microsoft
1.28 0.01 0.70 1.99
Kinectimals (X360)
Microsoft
0.43 0.00 0.17 0.60
Kinect Joy Ride (X360)
Microsoft
0.39 0.00 0.11 0.50
Dance Central (X360)
MTV Games
0.91 0.00 0.30 1.21
Zumba Fitness (X360)
Majesco
0.20 0.00 0.02 0.22
Your Shape: Fitness Evolved (X360)
Ubisoft
0.33 0.00 0.11 0.44
MotionSports (X360)
Ubisoft
0.14 0.00 0.12 0.26
Fighters Uncaged (X360)
Ubisoft
0.15 0.00 0.09 0.24
Game Party in Motion (X360)
Warner Bros. Interactive
0.17 0.00 0.06 0.23
Sonic Free Riders (X360)
Sega
0.20 0.00 0.12 0.32

I think those are respectable numbers for hardware that came out 2 months ago and has a userbase of about 5 million.

Your uDraw comparison is ridiculous.

It only has 2 games on the market and they are only $30 (excluding the bundled game). So its not surprising that the games are performing better than some of the less popular Kinect games.

Ultimately, uDraw isn't any where close to the Kinect's success. Why even bother trying to compare them?

If Wii Fit can maintain strong sales with its library, then why can't Kinect do the same with its current library?

Respectable?

1-The Kinect need something more than a couple "respectable" titles to be succesful

2-The only "respectable" numbers i can see in that chart are Dance Central's

3-UDraw is a low budget peripheral pushed by a single company , Kinect is a high budget product with a lod of advertisement behind it and a huge line-up

Nintendo is the best videogames company ever!

elmerion said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Metallicube said:

I still stand by my statement that Kinect will not sell in the long term. I always believed and stated that it would sell the first couple months, based primarilly on the novelty and the natural holiday boost. Also, the games are already not selling that well (udraw and its flagship game is selling better than most Kinect games).

The true test will be how it performs during the slow months next year, and I don't beleive it'll pass that test. Child of Eden and Star Wars will not be enough to keep Kinect sales going.

Kinect Sports (X360)
Microsoft
1.28 0.01 0.70 1.99
Kinectimals (X360)
Microsoft
0.43 0.00 0.17 0.60
Kinect Joy Ride (X360)
Microsoft
0.39 0.00 0.11 0.50
Dance Central (X360)
MTV Games
0.91 0.00 0.30 1.21
Zumba Fitness (X360)
Majesco
0.20 0.00 0.02 0.22
Ubisoft
0.33 0.00 0.11 0.44
MotionSports (X360)
Ubisoft
0.14 0.00 0.12 0.26
Fighters Uncaged (X360)
Ubisoft
0.15 0.00 0.09 0.24
Warner Bros. Interactive
0.17 0.00 0.06 0.23
Sonic Free Riders (X360)
Sega
0.20 0.00 0.12 0.32

I think those are respectable numbers for hardware that came out 2 months ago and has a userbase of about 5 million.

It only has 2 games on the market and they are only $30 (excluding the bundled game). So its not surprising that the games are performing better than some of the less popular Kinect games.

Ultimately, uDraw isn't any where close to the Kinect's success. Why even bother trying to compare them?

If Wii Fit can maintain strong sales with its library, then why can't Kinect do the same with its current library?

Respectable?

1-The Kinect need something more than a couple "respectable" titles to be succesful

2-The only "respectable" numbers i can see in that chart are Dance Central's

3-UDraw is a low budget peripheral pushed by a single company , Kinect is a high budget product with a lod of advertisement behind it and a huge line-up

Anyone that has tried it at my house has or is going to buy it. My mom, hates video games but bought kinect. Aunt is going tomorrow to buy one and my brother bought one as well. All new xbox owners.

Mr Puggsly said:
Metallicube said:

Kinect Sports (X360)
Microsoft
1.28 0.01 0.70 1.99
Kinectimals (X360)
Microsoft
0.43 0.00 0.17 0.60
Kinect Joy Ride (X360)
Microsoft
0.39 0.00 0.11 0.50
Dance Central (X360)
MTV Games
0.91 0.00 0.30 1.21
Zumba Fitness (X360)
Majesco
0.20 0.00 0.02 0.22
Ubisoft
0.33 0.00 0.11 0.44
MotionSports (X360)
Ubisoft
0.14 0.00 0.12 0.26
Fighters Uncaged (X360)
Ubisoft
0.15 0.00 0.09 0.24
Warner Bros. Interactive
0.17 0.00 0.06 0.23
Sonic Free Riders (X360)
Sega
0.20 0.00 0.12 0.32

Are those numbers supposed to be impressive? Because I am certainly not impressed. I see two games that have reached a million, and another two games that MAY crawl to one million. ALL the other Kinect titles will probably never reach a million, and many will not even reach half that mark. And this is during the holiday season! What will the sales be like during the normal periods of the year?

The fact remains that the $70 Udraw and Udraw studio is outselling every single Kinect game not named Kinect Sports or Dance Central. People seem to be avoiding the fact that Kinect software is not selling, though if you look at the games one shouldn't exactly be surprised they are not selling. Yes the hardware is doing exceptional but this is not a surprise to me, considering the novelty of 3D controller-less gaming and the natural holiday boosts. Strategically, MS certainly picked the right time to release this peripheral..