By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Looks like Kinect's performance has made haters silent!

Torillian said:
toadslayer72 said:
toastboy44562 said:
Torillian said:
toastboy44562 said:

lolz. i wont make any new ones for a while. can i bump my kinect hitting 20 million every 2 million it sells?

no

dayum.

Looks like the 360 heads will have to do the bumpin'.

bumping every 5 million because they are big milestones I can see, bumping every 2 million is ridiculous overkill and if you do it you'll be moderated for spamming. 

See you every 5 then.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

Around the Network

If the Kinect was a success it would move a lot of hardware and the X360 would have outsold the Win during this holidays. But since that didnt happe, we can easily see the Kinect was mostly bough by people that already owned a X360

I dont think the Kinect has a chance to get 10million, it isnt nearly as big as the wii and that is a fact. Comparing Kinect sales with Wii sales is completely pathetic

(On a side note, im not hating i love to see Microsoft finally making a good move this generation even if it took them 3 years to realize copying Nintendo was the way to go)

Nintendo is the best videogames company ever!

Mr Puggsly said:
RolStoppable said:

I am not so sure about that, toastboy. Kinect's success seems to have increased the number of haters.

On top of that, the Wii is still the king of gaming.

No, PS360 is the king!!!

We are allowed to group them together by law.

YEP IT'S THE LAW!!!!!

xxrkoxx said:

hehe is it really? maybe it is but according to an article posted on VG it may also be breaking 360's. So if it is responsible for breaking the console than the more they sell the worse they may be off.

HEHE, if you read the article it stated two people posted a complaint about launch xbox 360's breaking, not new ones and it was only two people. Hardly a reason to post a article but hey when you can bring up anything to do with RROD, why not. It's a sure way to get some hits over a joke of a article.

elmerion said:

If the Kinect was a success it would move a lot of hardware and the X360 would have outsold the Win during this holidays. But since that didnt happe, we can easily see the Kinect was mostly bough by people that already owned a X360

I dont think the Kinect has a chance to get 10million, it isnt nearly as big as the wii and that is a fact. Comparing Kinect sales with Wii sales is completely pathetic

(On a side note, im not hating i love to see Microsoft finally making a good move this generation even if it took them 3 years to realize copying Nintendo was the way to go)

NO, NO and no. ONE they coudn't keep up with demand and wii sales in the beginning where not that hi either.

Two. there at 6 million, you don't think they will hit 10? REALLY!

ON a side note you totally are to imply that they won't hit 10 million. It is obvious they will.

Third: your sig. I love nintendo and they made my childhood rock when things where not so good. hope they bury the ps2 sales. We can hope.

Around the Network

Since this is a copy thread of the other one for GT5 I'll just use the same excuse 360 fans were using in the other thread so here I go....

"BU BU BUT ITZ THE HOLIDAYS!!! ITS UNFAIR!!"

"BU BU BUT TEH BUNDLES!!!!!!"

LOL!!!!

I still stand by my statement that Kinect will not sell in the long term. I always believed and stated that it would sell the first couple months, based primarilly on the novelty and the natural holiday boost. Also, the games are already not selling that well (udraw and its flagship game is selling better than most Kinect games).

The true test will be how it performs during the slow months this year, and I don't beleive it'll pass that test. Child of Eden and Star Wars will not be enough to keep Kinect sales going.

I have never seen people so passionate and defensive about a peripheral..

Metallicube said:

I still stand by my statement that Kinect will not sell in the long term. I always believed and stated that it would sell the first couple months, based primarilly on the novelty and the natural holiday boost. Also, the games are already not selling that well (udraw and its flagship game is selling better than most Kinect games).

The true test will be how it performs during the slow months next year, and I don't beleive it'll pass that test. Child of Eden and Star Wars will not be enough to keep Kinect sales going.

Really? You don't think the launch software is doing well?

Lets look at the software sales...

Kinect Sports (X360)
Microsoft
1.28 0.01 0.70 1.99
Kinectimals (X360)
Microsoft
0.43 0.00 0.17 0.60
Kinect Joy Ride (X360)
Microsoft
0.39 0.00 0.11 0.50
Dance Central (X360)
MTV Games
0.91 0.00 0.30 1.21
Zumba Fitness (X360)
Majesco
0.20 0.00 0.02 0.22
Your Shape: Fitness Evolved (X360)
Ubisoft
0.33 0.00 0.11 0.44
MotionSports (X360)
Ubisoft
0.14 0.00 0.12 0.26
Fighters Uncaged (X360)
Ubisoft
0.15 0.00 0.09 0.24
Game Party in Motion (X360)
Warner Bros. Interactive
0.17 0.00 0.06 0.23
Sonic Free Riders (X360)
Sega
0.20 0.00 0.12 0.32

I think those are respectable numbers for hardware that came out 2 months ago and has a userbase of about 5 million.

Your uDraw comparison is ridiculous.

It only has 2 games on the market and they are only $30 (excluding the bundled game). So its not surprising that the games are performing better than some of the less popular Kinect games.

Ultimately, uDraw isn't any where close to the Kinect's success. Why even bother trying to compare them?

If Wii Fit can maintain strong sales with its library, then why can't Kinect do the same with its current library?

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

psrock said:
Torillian said:
psrock said:
Torillian said:
psrock said:

This is basicly spamming as well as a flame thread.

Seriously we need some help moderating this site.

A single copy thread isn't too bad, I'll start locking them if they turn into one of those idiotic popular forum trends but just one is fine.  It's on the border of flamebait but the GT5 thread was as well and I decided it was just on this side of acceptable and left it. 

You have to make a balance between stopping stealth trolling and letting forum goers discuss what they want to, I might lean towards the latter but I don't think this thread is too terrible

He made this thread already, I think it was called

" so, Kinect is at 5 million" where he stated the same thing as this one, plus the 10's of other kinect thread he makes daily.

mk, I will keep an eye on him and make sure any other threads about Kinect he makes atleast has some kind of new information. 

Feel free to PM me anything like this you see that I haven't happened to catch.  I know some of you guys would prefer this forum was like Gaf and the moderators were able to catch every little instance of rule breaking by themselves but we don't have the number of moderators that would require and they are all volunteers so I can't expect them to read through the whole forum for moderation purposes.  That means we need the help of the general forum goers to catch everything, so if you see something you don't think is right but it isn't something worth reporting officially just give myself or Machina a PM and we'll look into it.

Trust me, i feel bad for you guys to have to moderate this site as so many new members are joining in, but I don't think many of them even know the rules. The forums need to be cleaned up and As I stated to Machina, new rules have to be inforced as there are more members now.

We don't have to be like GAF, but a lot of great members are not even posting anymore because it's just too messy.

Aww shucks.....dont worry , the J man will still post from time to time

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

Mr Puggsly said:
Metallicube said:

The true test will be how it performs during the slow months next year, and I don't beleive it'll pass that test. Child of Eden and Star Wars will not be enough to keep Kinect sales going.

Really? You don't think the launch software is doing well?

Lets look at the software sales...

Kinect Sports (X360)
Microsoft
1.28 0.01 0.70 1.99
Kinectimals (X360)
Microsoft
0.43 0.00 0.17 0.60
Kinect Joy Ride (X360)
Microsoft
0.39 0.00 0.11 0.50
Dance Central (X360)
MTV Games
0.91 0.00 0.30 1.21
Zumba Fitness (X360)
Majesco
0.20 0.00 0.02 0.22
Your Shape: Fitness Evolved (X360)
Ubisoft
0.33 0.00 0.11 0.44
MotionSports (X360)
Ubisoft
0.14 0.00 0.12 0.26
Fighters Uncaged (X360)
Ubisoft
0.15 0.00 0.09 0.24
Game Party in Motion (X360)
Warner Bros. Interactive
0.17 0.00 0.06 0.23
Sonic Free Riders (X360)
Sega
0.20 0.00 0.12 0.32

I think those are respectable numbers for hardware that came out 2 months ago and has a userbase of about 5 million.

Your uDraw comparison is ridiculous.

It only has 2 games on the market and they are only $30 (excluding the bundled game). So its not surprising that the games are performing better than some of the less popular Kinect games.

Ultimately, uDraw isn't any where close to the Kinect's success. Why even bother trying to compare them?

If Wii Fit can maintain strong sales with its library, then why can't Kinect do the same with its current library?

DAMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN! Pulling out all of the cards. I just don't see how anyone is seeing that it is doing bad.

It is doing amazing and anything less then that is just kidding yourself or being blind to the whole deal.