By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Looks like Kinect's performance has made haters silent!

elmerion said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Metallicube said:

I still stand by my statement that Kinect will not sell in the long term. I always believed and stated that it would sell the first couple months, based primarilly on the novelty and the natural holiday boost. Also, the games are already not selling that well (udraw and its flagship game is selling better than most Kinect games).

The true test will be how it performs during the slow months next year, and I don't beleive it'll pass that test. Child of Eden and Star Wars will not be enough to keep Kinect sales going.

Really? You don't think the launch software is doing well?

Lets look at the software sales...

Kinect Sports (X360)
Microsoft
1.28 0.01 0.70 1.99
Kinectimals (X360)
Microsoft
0.43 0.00 0.17 0.60
Kinect Joy Ride (X360)
Microsoft
0.39 0.00 0.11 0.50
Dance Central (X360)
MTV Games
0.91 0.00 0.30 1.21
Zumba Fitness (X360)
Majesco
0.20 0.00 0.02 0.22
Your Shape: Fitness Evolved (X360)
Ubisoft
0.33 0.00 0.11 0.44
MotionSports (X360)
Ubisoft
0.14 0.00 0.12 0.26
Fighters Uncaged (X360)
Ubisoft
0.15 0.00 0.09 0.24
Game Party in Motion (X360)
Warner Bros. Interactive
0.17 0.00 0.06 0.23
Sonic Free Riders (X360)
Sega
0.20 0.00 0.12 0.32

I think those are respectable numbers for hardware that came out 2 months ago and has a userbase of about 5 million.

Your uDraw comparison is ridiculous.

It only has 2 games on the market and they are only $30 (excluding the bundled game). So its not surprising that the games are performing better than some of the less popular Kinect games.

Ultimately, uDraw isn't any where close to the Kinect's success. Why even bother trying to compare them?

If Wii Fit can maintain strong sales with its library, then why can't Kinect do the same with its current library?

Respectable?

1-The Kinect need something more than a couple "respectable" titles to be succesful

2-The only "respectable" numbers i can see in that chart are Dance Central's

3-UDraw is a low budget peripheral pushed by a single company , Kinect is a high budget product with a lod of advertisement behind it and a huge line-up

Yes, very respectable. I mean the original expectation for Kinect was 2 million units. Then the expectation jumped to 5 million and people thought MS was crazy. Now sales are nearing 6 million.

1. Have you not come to terms with Kinect already being a success?

2. Kinect Sports hitting 2 million already isn't respectable to you? Are you only impressed by million sellers? Not everything needs to sell a million units to be a success. Especially casual games. These aren't the life time sales by the way, they will keep selling. If Wii taught us anything its casual games can have great legs.

3. Right, all good reasons why comparing the uDraw to Kinect was ridiculous. And how much support do you expect for a drawing perhiperal? The Wii already has a drawing device type of thing, the Wiimote.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

Signing off...

4-5 fanboys can really put a forum into ruins. Sad

Metallicube said:

Are those numbers supposed to be impressive? Because I am certainly not impressed. I see two games that have reached a million, and another two games that MAY crawl to one million. ALL the other Kinect titles will probably never reach a million, and many will not even reach half that mark. And this is during the holiday season! What will the sales be like during the normal periods of the year?

The fact remains that the $70 Udraw and Udraw studio is outselling every single Kinect game not named Kinect Sports or Dance Central. People seem to be avoiding the fact that Kinect software is not selling, though if you look at the games one shouldn't exactly be surprised they are not selling. Yes the hardware is doing exceptional but this is not a surprise to me, considering the novelty of 3D controller-less gaming and the natural holiday boosts. Strategically, MS certainly picked the right time to release this peripheral..

1. Its a new perhiperal. I really wasn't expecting any games to hit a million other than Kinect Adventures (the bundled game).

2. Sales will ofcourse be lower through out the year. But I still expect it to maintain respectable sales.

3. Are you comparing the sales of a bundled game with non-bundled games? That's just... stupid. Lets move on.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

spaceguy said:
Doobie_wop said:

Your wrong. I continue to be openly hateful of Kinect and just because it's a success (which I knew it would be), it doesn't mean that I don't think it's a piece of shit. I dislike motion controls in general. Thank you for creating this thread, it has given me another opportunity to spread my hate.

COme on moderators, if  I said that about the competition I would get banned. DOUBLE STANDARDS huh.

thats why xbox fans don't come onto the internet because of this treatment.  So it's ok to say I think something is a piece of sh-t. I will save this comment for future preference. either you punish all or you let it all go.

Make up your mind. this is the reason It took me so long to join because i see the double standard in this site and many others. You gave all the power to ps3 followers and now look what happens. I can't even say fan--- without getting banned but yet he gets away with calling kinect a piece of shit.

GFYS!

Report me then. If your going to cry about my negative opinion, then report me and I'll be banned. This site doesn't have double standards, its just that it's filled with idiots who scream 'Double Standards!' at every oppurtunity they get, so that they can defend their console. 

It's so weird how a single site can be biased against three things at once. The PS3 is under tracked, the Wii is never brought into gaming or sales discussions, the site doesn't protect the 360 fans enough from opposing opinions. Jesus, you'd think ioi was sitting upon his throne, while chucking spears and tomahawks at all the consoles. 

If you give an opinion, I can argue against that opinion, but instead all you've done is argue against my right to give that opinion. You would have had a better chance convincing me that Kinect was great, but instead all you've done is convince me that the people that support Kinect are extremely  superficial and are just treating it as extra ammo in this fanboy war bullshit.

Also, I'd like to point out that I've seen just as many Sony fans being banned, as I have Microsoft fans. Just because you pick and choose what you want to take notice of, it doesn't mean what you say is true.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

I wouldnt say i hate Kinect, but i dont care for it either way. but i dont see why 360 fans are so happy about the sales, how are fans going to benefit from more of Kinect animals or Kinect Dance etc, because the more success this device acheives the more Microsoft will have to keep developing software for it. and as we've seen from their current software lineup, theres little else other than Kinect games that have been announced. even Gears 3 is a 3rd party exclusive.

anyway, the other problem is if this device sells what 15 mil units by 2012, like some fans have predicted, how does this help them play more games, because it really dosent, all they get is more casual games, and many more will be announced with increasing success imo.

Around the Network

Well done Kinect a truely impressive opening. Although reading some of the posts you do wonder what it would need to do other than be made by another company to impress some folks.

The excuses...

Its a piece of shit (not sure how that one was allowed to slid, oh yeah "I" was used then that will be alright then)

They had a huge 500 dollar budget, But did they? That was all Kinect was it? I have not seen any marked difference between the consoles seeing the same amount of advertising for all three if anything the Wii has it.

Sales are not impressive. Nearly 6 millions sales before year end is not impressive with at least 2 games selling over a million already.

Its a fad you wait after Christmas it will flop hard. I will of course wait.

The Wii beat them all. Yes of course it did but it is actually on the slide fortunately it has a long way to slide.

I never said it would not sell just that I would never own one.

The forums are falling apart. I do not know if the number of 360 users has increased but I do know it has always been a struggle combating the PS3 users in the past.

Only existing 360 users are buying it.

Nobody has mentioned it but obviously selling out to the casual base would normally come up.

I think that covers most of the bullcrap.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.

short term, yes Kinect has been doing really good. Long term, i doubt it. I cant see the diversity which kinect can provide on the long term. The concept of moving on railes and jumping around/above things is the max you can get out of Kinect.

Good Luck

Ffs toastboy, trying to do the whole "morale upper ground" where 360 fans were not as petty as PS3 fans as to create a thread just to feed some crow to the rest of the community, yet here you are off making a thread. Dude seriously, I don't see the point of this thread nor the GT5 one, despite Kinect being longer on the market so posing a better picture as to how it'll perform in the future, I still don't think it's enough time. You should waited until February at least before making this stupid thread. When all is said and done, I am disappoint, and genuinely hope that from on you don't get many predictions right if same thing will happen again, where you will pretty much initiate a shit storm for some petty reason, by doing this you sunk to their level, congratulations.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

iWarMachine said:

i'm really hating what VGC has become...

What do you expect from a site like VGC? All the losers who think they're 'in the know' prowl this site looking for some hot statistic to use as ammuntion to hate on the 'other' console.

I only visit to have a good laugh, its funny seeing adults slagging off games consoles, its bloody hilarious.

when you invest half a billion dollars into marketing, of course that things gonna sell, question is, will M$ efforts pay off, or will they sink further into the red.

As a gamer, I would have prefered M$ spend that money on making games us hobbiest enjoy, rather than making kinectamals for the retard next door that only follows trends because it's the cool thing to do or have..