By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 drops out of UK Top10 - after 3 weeks

Just to prove I'm not simply a Sony basher, it looks like Sony is surging because Nikkei said the company's group operating profit, or sales minus the cost of goods sold and administrative expenses, will increase six times for this fiscal year from the year just ended. Please don't confuse me with people who say Sony is doomed. I only contend their gaming division has been under performing. I'm not sold on Sony long, but who knows maybe they will prove me wrong.

Around the Network

The PS3 is just too expensive in the UK. I would expect weekly sales figures to drop below the 360 within a couple of weeks - maybe down to around 8000, or less.

Many people have bought the PS3 as a cheap Blu-ray player, but there are now offers on the Samsung BDP1000 at £335 which is a lot cheaper than the PS3.

Diomedes1976 said:
shams said:
This makes me wonder what Nintendo is doing with all THEIR money.

Maybe they just sit and laugh about the consumers that buy obsolete hardware at a price way higher it costs them ,and buy millions of games done with very low investment in their part .

Wow someones bitter. 

"Please don't confuse me with people who say Sony is doomed. I only contend their gaming division has been under performing. I'm not sold on Sony long, but who knows maybe they will prove me wrong." I am sorry I thought that was what you were trying to imply. It isn't even a question about how they game division is underperforming but this is similar to what happened last generation. The brisk sales of the PS and its titles did not stave off the losses the PS2 incurred. It is the same thing this time around except the PS3 is super expensive. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/6551591.stm "Strong sales of the Playstation 3 could push Sony's pre-tax income to 400bn yen ($3.4bn; £1.7bn), a sharp increase on the 60bn yen expected for 2006. Launching the next-generation console is expected to put a 200bn yen hole in Sony's finances. " I am just guessing that it is bound to be a positive thing for sony eventually.

Games make me happy! PSN ID: Staticneuron Gamertag: Staticneuron Wii Code: Static Wii - 3055 0871 5802 1723