By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 drops out of UK Top10 - after 3 weeks

ok lets do the math UK launched with 220k consoles.

week 1 167

week 2 33

week 3 17

that means there was 217k cosoles sold in UK

now the question is did sony's second shipment arrive yet? 

if it did then the numbers are not good for them

if there wasn t then this is to be expected as the console will be sold out in certaint areas.

some peoples expectations are put tooo high too early. all sony consoles have started slow.  

Around the Network
FishyJoe said:
Again, Sony's own most recent loss estimate was around 250 billion yen ($2 billion US) for the last fiscal year in the gaming division. 100 billion was last years esimate until they revised it.

their games divinson... not all of Sony, learn the differnace child.

"Sony" is profitable.

Hus said:
FishyJoe said:
Again, Sony's own most recent loss estimate was around 250 billion yen ($2 billion US) for the last fiscal year in the gaming division. 100 billion was last years esimate until they revised it.

"Sony" is profitable.

At least I learned how to spell. And as far as reading goes, why don't you try reading the message I was replying to. The part where it stated:

"Sony has lost near a billion with the launch of the PS3 (more around 800 million+) and last year the 360 caost microsoft 1.26 for their fiscal year last year. "

Hus said:
FishyJoe said:

"Sony" is profitable.

Look before you leap sonny.

idk... id sad these numbers are good.. considering 32 games at retail and 9 downloadable games.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

Wow, never realised that Sony was in-debt (10bill?). That does change things... Nintendo has about 10bill in cash reserves (anti-debt), and Sony is the opposite. Assuming a 10% return/interest rate, that is a $2billion dollar YEARLY difference - without any sales or revenue counted. This makes me wonder what Nintendo is doing with all THEIR money. If the profit from their cash reserves is counted in their yearly profit figures, they should be doing a lot more than $1bill in yearly profits. (note - the interest rates in Japan are VERY low - meaning that both Nintendo's cash reserves and Sony's debt has a much lower impact on the bottom line).

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

shams said:
This makes me wonder what Nintendo is doing with all THEIR money.

Maybe they just sit and laugh about the consumers that buy obsolete hardware at a price way higher it costs them ,and buy millions of games done with very low investment in their part .

The cash gives you options that are unavailable to cash strapped companies, such as buying other companies or developing new products. In addition it will take you through tough times such as a recession.

Apple survived the reign of John Sculley/Gil Amelio because it had so much cash. Would Steve Jobs have returned to a company deep in debt? Microsoft was able to delay Vista for years. Would investors have been as patient if they had been in deep debt?

Diomedes1976 said:
shams said:
This makes me wonder what Nintendo is doing with all THEIR money.

Maybe they just sit and laugh about the consumers that buy obsolete hardware at a price way higher it costs them ,and buy millions of games done with very low investment in their part .

So when exactly did Nintendo kill your family?

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

As long as Nintendo keep delivering great, fun games - Im happy to give them my hard earned cash. And its still less cash than the other companies are asking for! ;)

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099