By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Microsoft lying to their customers about Playstation Network ?

I just called Microsoft to cancel both of my Xbox live subscriptions until next fall because I only play COD and Halo online and those games both  come out in the fall. When I told the customer service representative the reason for my cancelation, which is I am going to play more games on playstation network because it is free and I currently cannot afford live.

The man than told me that Sony was going to start charging for online gaming in the spring. My first thought was bullshit, but than I started thinking could it be true?

So I ask you VGchartz do you think Microsoft would lie to their customers about a competing company or does Microsoft some how really have insight into Sony's internal operation plan?

I still think it was bullshit.

(On a side note, the guy convinced me to retain one of my gold accounts for three months because I was already bieng charged $10 for my main account PassionOfGandhi and they offered me 3 months for $11. So I am happy with their offer and I am a sucker. )

Around the Network

Probably one dude who works on comission base... I lied a lot when I worked for greenpeace getting donaters... >_>

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:

Probably one dude who works on comission base... I lied a lot when I worked for greenpeace getting donaters... >_>

Yeah, but it still makes me wonder if his boss told him to say things like that and I wonder if anyone else has ever been told similar stories from customer servive representatives.

No wonder Microsofts been kicking Sony's ass this generation... they know their moves 3 months in advance!!! :O

could be true...psn was far in the red i heard

Around the Network

It's plausible that Microsoft as a corporation knows more about what's going on with Sony and PSN than we do, but it's not really plausible that some random customer service rep is privvy to that information.  Was probably just him using a rumor he'd heard or made up based on that interview lately where it was said that PSN is in the red but Sony thinks it'll be in the black soon and not something he was told by people higher up in the company or told to lie about by his bosses.

That guy is just sad for the loss of business. 

chocoloco said:
NiKKoM said:

Yeah, but it still makes me wonder if his boss told him to say things like that and I wonder if anyone else has ever been told similar stories from customer servive representatives.

Well.. didn't Kasz say PSN will be in the black next fiscal year or something? and Sony's new fiscal year starts in the spring.. soooooo... dum dum dum... ;)

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

I can't imagine Sony will be charging online play on PS3. I'm sure it would cause all sorts of legal issues. I mean people were ready to sue over the removal of Linux support.

Safe bet the guy was lying or maybe got bad info.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

It would cost sony more for charging for PSN then they would making money off it 

they have spent alot of marketing and all the lables on games on PSN is an "Free Service" 

To change would take years of preparations in making sure games have the no more free service anymore, advertsing changes and informing the public. 

Something that would COST sony far more than they would make. Because they will alienate there customers who wont pay.

So answer your question is Highly Unlikely.

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong