By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Microsoft lying to their customers about Playstation Network ?

Baalzamon said:
DonFerrari said:
bannedagain said:
Baalzamon said:
bannedagain said:
vr6GOLFr32 said:
bannedagain said:
vr6GOLFr32 said:

I'm surprised that a rep from M$ put down one of their competitors *rolls eyes*

Everytime a rep from M$ has an interview with any game journalist - mention of their competitors not being able to keep up, or not having nothing good compared to the 360's library of games etc etc etc comes up.. This is really one of my reasons for boycotting the 360. I don't want to be part of that type of *clique* as it seems the majority of 360 users have the same damn opinion.

Now before anyone flames me for just being a Sony fanboy - please listen. The 360 was my first "next-gen" console and I loved it. I'm familiar with Live, the exclusives etc, but after the problems that occurred with my consoles (3 rrod), the disappointments in wasting money on their exclusives (I absolutely hate Halo,) and wasting money on Live - I have no reason to stick up for the x360 and M$.

I've worked for call centres before, and the one thing you're not supposed to do is talk about competitors at all. It's really pathetic how it seems that every M$ fanboy is brain-washed. Trust me.. I have an aunt who works for M$ and her son can't even have a PS3.

DUDE, all companies do this. You can say the same about any console lover of a different kind.  Sony ps2 was horribly and flawed and failure rate was just as bad. So some of us that had to deal with that and then get told after three broken ps2's that they won't fix one is in the same boat. PS3 YLOD is a problem too. here's the deal though, it's not covered like M$. M$ atleast fixed the problem and put a billion where there mouth was.  More then sony can say, ps2 was  never warrantied like 360 and it had just as many problems.

SO I think you are really being biased and just chosen to not see what sony has done in the past and present.

Lol that's funny that you pretty much say Sony doesn't care. When my first PS3 broke they actually sent me a NEW one and not a re-furbished piece of shit that was going to break in 5 months. I really couldn't care less what Sony did in the past in terms of customer support. All I know is that I have been treated with respect, honesty, and quality devices since 95'

And Of course I choose to be biased towards one system more then the other due to my past experiences. Why would I continue to support a company where everything I had bought from them had eventually, completely gone to shit? My opinion on the matter is due completely from MY own experiences and no one elses - which I stated in the second column of my original post.

Judging from your sig, I can see where your loyalty is at and I respect that. Just don't come in here quoting my shit just because I have an opinion and you're just bored. You clearly have nothing better to do then try and start a flame war.

I pointed out that your being a little biased. I have three buddy's that had there ps3 break and guess what they all had to pay 190 to get it fixed. one 6 months after he bought it, another a year, not sure about the other.  When I had RROD on my original xbox 360 I went to wal-mart and they traded me out a new core right there. That was because M$ backed there product so good that wal-mart was able to just trade out there if you bought there. 

MY POINT IS THAT EVERY COMPANY HAS ISSUES AND WHEN IT CAME TO SONY AND THE PS2, THEY DID NOT BACK THERE PRODUCT. I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT HAD THIS ISSUE. I HAD 3 PS2'S AND ALL OF IT WAS A JOKE TRYING TO WORK WITH SONY.  THEY NEVER REPLACED NOT A ONE. My opinion.

Yes I backed a product such as M$ because sh-t happens and it's how you handle the issue that defines them as a company. My first original xbox, not 360 still works great and has been played for ever.

You came in here talking about xbox fanboys and stereo typing them and calling people out. So when you go saying things like that you will get a response and that actually would be flaming that you started.

What clique am I part of? Same opinions?  I would never group all ps3 fans together. One, they are good people and bad out there. I don't think ps3 has anything to do with there friends or the way they act. They are all different and have way different points of view. Most xbox fans don't come onto the internet gaming forums because you get harrassed constantly by other system lovers. So the harsh words are not needed.

Why would he pay $179 after 6 months....if you have proof of purchase, the ps3 warranty covers it for 1 year.

IT was a power issue or something they wouldn't cover. Not sure, he was pretty pissed. I told him he should have called a few time and talked with a few different people before sending it in.

He just uses it as a blueray player and bought a xbox 360 anyway. All though I made him get GT5 because I wanted to try it. Forza better step it up. well i bet that he would have got it anyway but I put my 2 cents in.

have you ever heard any company covering light problems?? this is a power company issue, they need to cover not he manufacturer... if you read your warrant policy it says lightning and some other problems aren't covered.

You pretty much were "lying" and MS 3 year warrant were for RROD not everything. So you still wrong...

My car have 1 year warrant, but if i hit a wall and have a total loss they won't cover it (my insurrance will)... altought there is a company that warrant their cars for 5 years... your other post were full of fail.

I'm going to have to agree with the final post here.  Sony isn't going to cover an issue due to lightning, whether it is your fault or not.  If, on the other hand, it is a power supply issue or something that failed in the PS3 due to just normal wear and tear, its covered.

I agree with you, it's faulty hardware shame on sony they cover... your power company or eletrical security fails, shame on them the company or you cover...

No one would cover another person fault.

@bannedagain: You can think what you want about sony, i'm not a employee or shareholder. And probably a lot of person bought one or other system because they were pissed with the one they had before.

And about the OP... i see no problem in his post... could it be a lie?? Perhaps, but i can see it happening and is a "anedoctal" evidence no way we can extrapolate without a lot of people calling MS to cancel their gold with excuses similar as the one he used and see if they will tell the same lies, and of course a inteligent person would also record what the support would tell him in this case.

About the warranty i replied because or it's a lie, or some stupid person decision... look the law and your contract and see what it covers and what not. If some support guy didn't answered rightly just call again (i do it all the time with phone company).

If you don't know your rights and how to use it how it's the company fault? And about console failure, my ps lived up to the time i bought my ps2 and this until my ps3 (both used between 8~12h a day without turning off for 5 years and are still alive, just don't read the games most of times... too much pirate games and gameshark - this little piece of shit really strains a machine)... so you have 2 or 3 ps2 fail on you, silly you that didn't bought another hardware the second time or didn't bought with a better warrant coverage...

PS: Only buy fats PS.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

If they took out backwards compatiblity, they can start charging for Psn to make money.  They do what they want.

Omac said:

If they took out backwards compatiblity, they can start charging for Psn to make money.  They do what they want.

Yes a company can do whatever they want... usually they do thinks calculating a benefict to cost relationship.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

The hard work of monetising the PSN network could be said to have already happened with the recent changes. I very much doubt you could sue Sony for charging for a service which costs them money to run. It would make perfect sense but I thought only when the PS4 is on the horizon doing it now may harm them although not doing it now may also be harming them.

I am with the majority though that this can only be pure speculation and the service rep knows nothing. Then again it is possible Microsoft do know something I just doubt they would use a customer service rep to spill the beans.

I believe the recent announcement of profitability has just given rise to this as it seems unlikely they could achieve this without introducing a sizeable additional revenue stream.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.
DonFerrari said:
Omac said:

Yes a company can do whatever they want... usually they do thinks calculating a benefict to cost relationship.

Exactly taking out backwards compatiblity pissed a lot of people off.  Especialy people that didn't know they took it out in newer models.

Around the Network
Omac said:
DonFerrari said:
Omac said:

Exactly taking out backwards compatiblity pissed a lot of people off.  Especialy people that didn't know they took it out in newer models.

Actually i didn't care much because i wanted new games and for ps2 i could use my older console... but yes a lot of person didn't like... but this maneuver probably helped them cut 50~100 dolars of their price...

And if Plus were avaiable in Brazil i would happly pay (because of games discounts), but woudn't pay if were just like Live Gold (pay just to play online what i can for free - and even so don't do a lot)