By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Microsoft lying to their customers about Playstation Network ?

bannedagain said:
vr6GOLFr32 said:

I'm surprised that a rep from M$ put down one of their competitors *rolls eyes*

Everytime a rep from M$ has an interview with any game journalist - mention of their competitors not being able to keep up, or not having nothing good compared to the 360's library of games etc etc etc comes up.. This is really one of my reasons for boycotting the 360. I don't want to be part of that type of *clique* as it seems the majority of 360 users have the same damn opinion.

Now before anyone flames me for just being a Sony fanboy - please listen. The 360 was my first "next-gen" console and I loved it. I'm familiar with Live, the exclusives etc, but after the problems that occurred with my consoles (3 rrod), the disappointments in wasting money on their exclusives (I absolutely hate Halo,) and wasting money on Live - I have no reason to stick up for the x360 and M$.

I've worked for call centres before, and the one thing you're not supposed to do is talk about competitors at all. It's really pathetic how it seems that every M$ fanboy is brain-washed. Trust me.. I have an aunt who works for M$ and her son can't even have a PS3.

DUDE, all companies do this. You can say the same about any console lover of a different kind.  Sony ps2 was horribly and flawed and failure rate was just as bad. So some of us that had to deal with that and then get told after three broken ps2's that they won't fix one is in the same boat. PS3 YLOD is a problem too. here's the deal though, it's not covered like M$. M$ atleast fixed the problem and put a billion where there mouth was.  More then sony can say, ps2 was  never warrantied like 360 and it had just as many problems.

SO I think you are really being biased and just chosen to not see what sony has done in the past and present.

Lol that's funny that you pretty much say Sony doesn't care. When my first PS3 broke they actually sent me a NEW one and not a re-furbished piece of shit that was going to break in 5 months. I really couldn't care less what Sony did in the past in terms of customer support. All I know is that I have been treated with respect, honesty, and quality devices since 95'

And Of course I choose to be biased towards one system more then the other due to my past experiences. Why would I continue to support a company where everything I had bought from them had eventually, completely gone to shit? My opinion on the matter is due completely from MY own experiences and no one elses - which I stated in the second column of my original post.

Judging from your sig, I can see where your loyalty is at and I respect that. Just don't come in here quoting my shit just because I have an opinion and you're just bored. You clearly have nothing better to do then try and start a flame war.

Proud owner of the PSone original, PSone slim, PS2 slim, PS3 slim, PSP-3000.

37 PS3 games and counting.

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:

Probably one dude who works on comission base... I lied a lot when I worked for greenpeace getting donaters... >_>

i'd REALLY like to hear about that

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

vr6GOLFr32 said:
bannedagain said:
vr6GOLFr32 said:

I'm surprised that a rep from M$ put down one of their competitors *rolls eyes*

Everytime a rep from M$ has an interview with any game journalist - mention of their competitors not being able to keep up, or not having nothing good compared to the 360's library of games etc etc etc comes up.. This is really one of my reasons for boycotting the 360. I don't want to be part of that type of *clique* as it seems the majority of 360 users have the same damn opinion.

Now before anyone flames me for just being a Sony fanboy - please listen. The 360 was my first "next-gen" console and I loved it. I'm familiar with Live, the exclusives etc, but after the problems that occurred with my consoles (3 rrod), the disappointments in wasting money on their exclusives (I absolutely hate Halo,) and wasting money on Live - I have no reason to stick up for the x360 and M$.

I've worked for call centres before, and the one thing you're not supposed to do is talk about competitors at all. It's really pathetic how it seems that every M$ fanboy is brain-washed. Trust me.. I have an aunt who works for M$ and her son can't even have a PS3.

DUDE, all companies do this. You can say the same about any console lover of a different kind.  Sony ps2 was horribly and flawed and failure rate was just as bad. So some of us that had to deal with that and then get told after three broken ps2's that they won't fix one is in the same boat. PS3 YLOD is a problem too. here's the deal though, it's not covered like M$. M$ atleast fixed the problem and put a billion where there mouth was.  More then sony can say, ps2 was  never warrantied like 360 and it had just as many problems.

SO I think you are really being biased and just chosen to not see what sony has done in the past and present.

Lol that's funny that you pretty much say Sony doesn't care. When my first PS3 broke they actually sent me a NEW one and not a re-furbished piece of shit that was going to break in 5 months. I really couldn't care less what Sony did in the past in terms of customer support. All I know is that I have been treated with respect, honesty, and quality devices since 95'

And Of course I choose to be biased towards one system more then the other due to my past experiences. Why would I continue to support a company where everything I had bought from them had eventually, completely gone to shit? My opinion on the matter is due completely from MY own experiences and no one elses - which I stated in the second column of my original post.

Judging from your sig, I can see where your loyalty is at and I respect that. Just don't come in here quoting my shit just because I have an opinion and you're just bored. You clearly have nothing better to do then try and start a flame war.

I pointed out that your being a little biased. I have three buddy's that had there ps3 break and guess what they all had to pay 190 to get it fixed. one 6 months after he bought it, another a year, not sure about the other.  When I had RROD on my original xbox 360 I went to wal-mart and they traded me out a new core right there. That was because M$ backed there product so good that wal-mart was able to just trade out there if you bought there. 

MY POINT IS THAT EVERY COMPANY HAS ISSUES AND WHEN IT CAME TO SONY AND THE PS2, THEY DID NOT BACK THERE PRODUCT. I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT HAD THIS ISSUE. I HAD 3 PS2'S AND ALL OF IT WAS A JOKE TRYING TO WORK WITH SONY.  THEY NEVER REPLACED NOT A ONE. My opinion.

Yes I backed a product such as M$ because sh-t happens and it's how you handle the issue that defines them as a company. My first original xbox, not 360 still works great and has been played for ever.

You came in here talking about xbox fanboys and stereo typing them and calling people out. So when you go saying things like that you will get a response and that actually would be flaming that you started.

What clique am I part of? Same opinions?  I would never group all ps3 fans together. One, they are good people and bad out there. I don't think ps3 has anything to do with there friends or the way they act. They are all different and have way different points of view. Most xbox fans don't come onto the internet gaming forums because you get harrassed constantly by other system lovers. So the harsh words are not needed.

Obviously lying.  Even is MS did know something high level that info wouldn't be passed down to every low paid dude maning a helpdesk phone.

With Plus Sony have already shown the approach they're taking, at least for the foreseeable future, which is to keep the online gaming free and use more of a loyalty customer approach with something like Plus vs Live.

With 360 so dominant in the more online centric US I doubt Sony will change tack anytime soon, either.  They need differences to 360 desperately in US.

I'd also note they've indicated PSN will be profitable early this year, which would indicate that Plus coupled no doubt with Home transactions, etc. and PSN game sales will tip the scales for PSN costs - again, that would imply Sony are unlikely to charge for online anytime soon.

At most, I could see Sony maybe trying for a premium online package, with say cross-game chat plus some other stuff, but keeping current online support free.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

obviously hes lieng

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:

I lied a lot when I worked for greenpeace getting donaters... >_>

That sounds horrible

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Reasonable said:

Obviously lying.  Even is MS did know something high level that info wouldn't be passed down to every low paid dude maning a helpdesk phone.

With Plus Sony have already shown the approach they're taking, at least for the foreseeable future, which is to keep the online gaming free and use more of a loyalty customer approach with something like Plus vs Live.

With 360 so dominant in the more online centric US I doubt Sony will change tack anytime soon, either.  They need differences to 360 desperately in US.

I'd also note they've indicated PSN will be profitable early this year, which would indicate that Plus coupled no doubt with Home transactions, etc. and PSN game sales will tip the scales for PSN costs - again, that would imply Sony are unlikely to charge for online anytime soon.

At most, I could see Sony maybe trying for a premium online package, with say cross-game chat plus some other stuff, but keeping current online support free.

That's basically what PSN Plus already is.

They could add cross game chat and whatever few "exclusive" features are left in XBL as well, but that still wouldn't command $50 a year from those who just want basic online play.

I'm pretty much convinced that most PSN users would be perfectly fine with the free service if that was literally the ONLY feature free accounts were granted.

It's these same users who have a problem with XBL Gold accounts because either they aren't regular users, or just don't use most of the features that are thrown into package in an attempt to make the paid service a better value.

If you rarely play XBL online, it hardly makes any sense to pay even the current $5 a month on a pre-paid year of service.

If you're not downloading all the "free" content on PSN Plus, then there's literally no reason to subscribe to that service. Somehow, I don't think many people would consider cross game chat a reason either.

●---------------------------------------●
     Happy New Yearâ—Ž,â—Žappy shopping
●---------------------------------------●

http://www.etradinglife.com

" preferential, my friend! ! Christmas is coming, quick to our website shopping, our web site shopping there will be something different, unexpected things to you, let you have different sense, our website wholesale various fashion shoes, such as Nike, Jordan, prada, also includes the jeans, shirt, bags, hats and decoration. All these products are our free transport, prices are competitive, we can also accept paypal j, after the payment within short time, can ship.

competitive price

any size available

accept the paypal

SOCCER JERSEY 16US

jordan shoes $32

Christan Audigier bikini $23

Ed Hardy Bikini $23

Sunglass $15

COACH_Necklace $27

handbag $33

AF tank woman $17

greenmedic88 said:
Reasonable said:

That's basically what PSN Plus already is.

They could add cross game chat and whatever few "exclusive" features are left in XBL as well, but that still wouldn't command $50 a year from those who just want basic online play.

I'm pretty much convinced that most PSN users would be perfectly fine with the free service if that was literally the ONLY feature free accounts were granted.

It's these same users who have a problem with XBL Gold accounts because either they aren't regular users, or just don't use most of the features that are thrown into package in an attempt to make the paid service a better value.

If you rarely play XBL online, it hardly makes any sense to pay even the current $5 a month on a pre-paid year of service.

If you're not downloading all the "free" content on PSN Plus, then there's literally no reason to subscribe to that service. Somehow, I don't think many people would consider cross game chat a reason either.

Yeah, that's what I meant.  I don't think Sony would have Plus and something else.  I'm guessing they'd just add say cross-game chat to Plus, etc. and go with that.

The bottom line I believe is Sony need online to remain free at the moment.

With 360 it's a case of Gold or nothing really unless you only want to play offline.

With Plus Sony can argue they are giving broader choice.  No cost to play online, no limit to no-gaming online access - for example it does bug me I'm essentially paying Microsoft an additional fee to get to stuff like Sky Player which is free on my PC - with a premium service that combines some additional online features with the loyalty customer approach of Plus.

I guess my comment did imply something new I just meant they'd probably expand what plus offers with additional online features vs charge for standard online.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

And all we have as proof of this conversation is an internet post....hmmm....

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder