By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The PS3 May Have Just Had Its Front Door Kicked In

Well the thing about PS3 is the game devs or publishers can load the bluray with junk code to fill up the disc. It'll at least inconvenience pirates having to download 25gb every time they want a game.

Currently playing: Gran Turismo 5
Just finished:
Infamous 2

Around the Network
NoCtiS_NoX said:
Soleron said:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=122045&page=1&str=1511085664#

I posted it yesterday, but this deserves as much coverage as possible.

Why? Please do explain?

Probably he has a grudge against the PS3.

Mods, this is the same story/thread that was posted before. Please lock it. Its useless. One thread/news is more then enough, and we could simply post new sources in that exact same thread, now couldent we?

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

hunter_alien said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:
Soleron said:

Why? Please do explain?

I don't, actually. I wanted to see Linux back on the PS3 after Sony took it off despite it being an advertised feature.

Soleron said:
hunter_alien said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:
Soleron said:

Why? Please do explain?

I don't, actually. I wanted to see Linux back on the PS3 after Sony took it off despite it being an advertised feature.

as much as i support linux (Ubuntu 10.10 is the best OS EVER) it was a useless feature to be honest, it ran very slow and crashed more than gazillion times, they should remove it and forget about it.

twesterm said:
Squilliam said:

The biggest thing coming from this is what happens to online games / cheating. If the PS3 is cracked wide open then that actually leaves the Xbox 360 as the only system with the OS security intact. You don't need that many players cheating to ruin the experiences of hundreds of thousands of players so the question remains in how proactive Sony are at dealing with the problems which arise from this. That is the thing which could cause more damage, more so than the actual piracy.

Yeah, it sucks on the DS with all the cheating.  Playing Tetris DS can be a pain when you play game after game where the people only get straight lines and lightning bolts.

What?! Theres multiplayer Tetris? Or are you just pulling my leg here?

Tease.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
twesterm said:

Yeah, it sucks on the DS with all the cheating.  Playing Tetris DS can be a pain when you play game after game where the people only get straight lines and lightning bolts.

Multiplayer Tetris, bah that's nothing. What you need to try is co-op Tetris! Tengen Tetris (NES)!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPPEKVUlY9w

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Oh no. Who's gonna buy a PS3 now?

LOL @ 2:26

Squilliam said:
twesterm said:
Squilliam said:

The biggest thing coming from this is what happens to online games / cheating. If the PS3 is cracked wide open then that actually leaves the Xbox 360 as the only system with the OS security intact. You don't need that many players cheating to ruin the experiences of hundreds of thousands of players so the question remains in how proactive Sony are at dealing with the problems which arise from this. That is the thing which could cause more damage, more so than the actual piracy.

WHAT!?

You've never played Tetris DS?  If you have a DS, get it.  It's easily the best version of Tetris available.  Even with the cheaters and crazy good Japanese players, the multiplayer is still a lot of fun.

twesterm said:
Squilliam said:
twesterm said:
Squilliam said:

WHAT!?

You've never played Tetris DS?  If you have a DS, get it.  It's easily the best version of Tetris available.  Even with the cheaters and crazy good Japanese players, the multiplayer is still a lot of fun.

Well I have no need for a handheld really, though perhaps since the 3DS will be backwards compatible I will get it then.

Tease.