By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The PS3 May Have Just Had Its Front Door Kicked In

twesterm said:
Mordred11 said:
twesterm said:
Mordred11 said:

A PS3-negative thread created by twesterm?

You don't say...

How is this negative? 

Actually, looks like my second post didn't go through (I probably didn't wait the 30 seconds) which does make it look less negative...

I'm actually a little upset if this is true, one of the really good things about the PS3 is its games don't get pirated.

You are?Thought you don't like the PS3?

It's not my favorite console but that doesn't mean I want to see it hacked and pirates get a chance to pirate even more games.

Alright,I see what you mean.Sorry for my recent reaction then :).

@OP,Well,it was good while it lasted,seems like hackers can do anything with the right resources and a good amount of time.

Hopefully Sony will make the PS4 more complicated than the PS3 when it comes to hacking.Though saying that it might be impossible to hack is wishful thinking,since pretty much anything can be hacked.

Around the Network

Serves them right for the time that Dual Shock 3 start button cut my finger.  That start button is too damned pointy!

d21lewis said:

Serves them right for the time that Dual Shock 3 start button cut my finger.  That start button is too damned pointy!

Oh man, fuck that pointy start button!

The biggest thing coming from this is what happens to online games / cheating. If the PS3 is cracked wide open then that actually leaves the Xbox 360 as the only system with the OS security intact. You don't need that many players cheating to ruin the experiences of hundreds of thousands of players so the question remains in how proactive Sony are at dealing with the problems which arise from this. That is the thing which could cause more damage, more so than the actual piracy.

Tease.

Squilliam said:

The biggest thing coming from this is what happens to online games / cheating. If the PS3 is cracked wide open then that actually leaves the Xbox 360 as the only system with the OS security intact. You don't need that many players cheating to ruin the experiences of hundreds of thousands of players so the question remains in how proactive Sony are at dealing with the problems which arise from this. That is the thing which could cause more damage, more so than the actual piracy.

can they access psn using this? all the other hacks people couldn't

Around the Network

Hackers like these are pathetic...

"Har har har ima going toz spend all me dayz finding wayz to let others steal thousands of dallarz YAYZ!" -- And in the same breath they will say "We do it so we can use our own exterior programs"...

--Cause you know PC's dont already run those widely available programs better, sure makes sense to me's!

OR you know they could get a REAL job with an actual reputable software/hardware provider and create something thats actually beneficial and earn -  5x the profit$ they will ever earn doing this stupid shit.

People like this are pathetic in every possible way and try to hind it in lies they have led themselves to believe...This is why mothers shouldnt have basements.

...uhh...ill just put my favorite quote of all time here.

"Welcome to Pain, the second of three...You have dealt the first...now deal with me!!"

Soleron said:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=122045&page=1&str=1511085664#

I posted it yesterday, but this deserves as much coverage as possible.

Why? Please do explain?

Squilliam said:

Yeah, it sucks on the DS with all the cheating.  Playing Tetris DS can be a pain when you play game after game where the people only get straight lines and lightning bolts.

i dont know anything about hacks so how big of a deal is this is it a ps3 killer, is it as bad as the psp, is the ps3 completely f**ked?

-Newcloud- said:

i dont know anything about hacks so how big of a deal is this is it a ps3 killer, is it as bad as the psp, is the ps3 completely f**ked?

It likely won't be a killer (no more than it is on the 360), or at least I hope note.  Luckily 360 and PS3 games are already quite large so that's a minor deterrent, unlike the PSP games which you can download quickly.