By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 for Xmas - only to get tearing?

Galaki said:

You're just spoiled by the Wii.

Never thought I'd hear that phrase lol x).

I have never experienced tearing, unless I have and just ignored it, and took it as part of the game(360).

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Around the Network
Barozi said:

yeah usually when comparing multiplat games, PS3 has a lot more games with screen tearing, though there are also a few on 360 (Resident Evil 5 cutscenes, AC sometimes).

However almost every exclusive I own on PS3 doesn't have any screen tearing at all.

the first tearing I ever expericend is with Resistance 2, so...you're luck I suppose.

@OP: maybe its the console's problem then? I never knew this would be a serious problem beasue it rarely happens to me and as I said, by turning off the tv and turning it back on always solves the problem for me, you can try replace the ps3 if its still new.

There is no such thing as too sensitive. There should be 0 tearing in a triple-A game that took 5 years to develop and costs 60 dollars. There is just no excuse.

It's not that big a deal...

I also play GT5,but I've only noticed this like 1-2 times since I got the game back in November.Maybe you are overreacting a bit.

Around the Network
ksv said:

There is no such thing as too sensitive. There should be 0 tearing in a triple-A game that took 5 years to develop and costs 60 dollars. There is just no excuse.

Alan Wake had tearing in it as well and that had a similar development time compared to GT5.  It just really shows how weak consoles are.

ksv said:
PullusPardus said:
ksv said:

It's really sad I think that they try to push the graphics so hard that they end up with tearing. I would much prefer they tried to push it a little less and had consistent framerates with tearing-free pictures.

I don't think I'll stop noticing this, I'm extremely bothered by imperfections like this, it distracts me. Good to hear that there are some games that don't have it, atleast :)

Get a PC. problem solved.

I have an awesome PC I play StarCraft 2 on at 1920x1200 with all settings on max, completely stable at 60 fps. It had tearing in cutscenes too, until I enabled V-sync. Problem solved.

then there is no point of buying multiplatform games for their graphics on consoles

never notice it

nor do i care 

You are the source of your own displeasure because you knew what screen tearing is and so you search for it when you dont want it. Same with other things like LAG 

Years ago (2007) other than an few lan matches of Counter strike i never played online so when i pop on cod4 online for the first time i had an blast and loved it. But i am australian and cod hates australians, and what i didn't know is that i was lagging hardcore and finding an match on xbox took ages for some reason.

But i never noticed the lag until i was playing WAW and i started getting competitive and good and lag=bad so every single online game i can notice even the slightest lag that can cause painful games to play. 

If i didn't know about Lag i wouldn't have any problems with any games. 

Another thing was that i was playing though AC2 ps3 for the second time and i didn't have any problems until i watched this interview and this ubisoft guy said he wasn't happy with the PS3 verison and it was buggy. Well i pop on AC2 and right away i noticed the bugs and it took 1 hour later for the first time fine an glitch that got me swimming under the map lol. 

My point is, is that if you dont know you dont notice. 

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

You should probably stick to the games that have little to no tearing if it bothers you so much. Uncharted 2, Little Big Planet, God of War 3, Burnout Paradise, Yakuza 3, MGS4, Modnation Racers, Wipeout HD, Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time, The PS2 collections and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1& 2 are just a few PS3 games that have little to no screen tearing. 

I don't really notice it unless it's extremely serious like in Turok or something, which is weird because I do nitpick a lot of smaller stuff like facial animations, clipping, jaggy shadows and bad textures.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

None on mine and I play on a 50 inch samsung plasma.

maybe the other guy was right your just spoiled by Wii graphics LMAO! =D