By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon SUCKS! It's time for a real Pokemon Battle video game!

Pokemon SUCKS! It's time for a real Pokemon Battle video game!

Yes! It's time for a change. 46 46.46%

No because i'm selfish (RPG only!) 27 27.27%

It wouldn't hurt to try! 25 25.25%

Total:98

A boy like me can only dream about a real life Pokemon Movie. :'(

For years Nintendo has been ignorant towards the way they have handled their Pokemon properties.  I have always been a fan of their cartoon show and I still am. I only watch the first seasons as the current ones suck.  The video games however are unappealing to an audience like me. I know many of you are fans of their rpg Pokemon games which are HUGE sellers on the handheld market.  Many argue that even so Nintendo fails to innovate enough to their video game franchise.  I have played Pokemon on the Gameboy and I found out that this type of game just wasn't for me. I have now tried Pokemon Black and White, my perspective hasn't changed much. 
Would it hurt for Nintendo to try something NEW with Pokemon? Afterall Nintendo is so cocky about how they 'innovate'.  They can still continue to sell their RPG only Pokemon games. I read on IGN a very intriguing piece about an editor's wishlist. As Follows:

A Pokemon Action-RPG
In terms of likelihood this is way low, but come on, Nintendo! Pokemon is still a ridiculously fun game, but the dynamic has not changed much since it was introduced, and those of us who are a little bored by turn-based combat would welcome a change. Imagine instead of the ponderous battles that currently exist, you are dropped into an Archon-style arena with all of the Pokemon abilities at your disposal, and you duke it out in a high-energy button-mashing frenzy. Sure, you'd have to explain the Pokemon size difference, but surely it can't be too hard to pull off, considering these creatures live in tiny balls. Make it happen!

What about a plain fighting game? Such as the likes of Street Fighter, Super Smash, or Mortal Kombat. I really love Pokemon and I wish Nintendo would make a game like this. One day, perhaps with the 3DS and its graphic and power abilities it could happen. 

What are your thoughts? Hit the comment sections below!

Around the Network

The formula is not a problem. The pokémon themselves are.

The logical transition from the gameboy sequels would be to make a home console version on the N64.

The other would be not not make so many more new uninspired pokemon. Just another 20-30 per sequel and maybe not even that would have been enough. And then more effort could be put into those ones instead of just flooding us with mediocre pokemon, and expanding the world and adding more gyms and more elite fours. I mean, at what rate are new pokemon discovered in that world? 200/year? At what rate were new pokemon dicovered before the first 150?

The gameplay is brilliant and needs no change. In fact, I think they made things too complicated in the newer games. The Gameboy games have a purity of near tetris level to them.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Besides, there are plenty of pokemon games that aren't RPGs.

If you mean mainline pokemon games, then hell no.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Changing the Pokemon formula would be a total disaster. It would piss off the fans so much.

I don't care at all about the anime. It's for little kids. Videogames are for everyone. Pokemon is a videogame first. That's what the licence truely is. The main games have to remain a RPG forever.

A-RPG, MMORPG, classic 3D would ruin the games and its popularity would suffer.

Odd how they're posting this editorial just months before Pokemon Black/White, which is supposedly a relaunch of the series.

Anyways, it'd be just plain retarded to throw out a formula that's been so successful and has been tweaked to near-perfection, so I wouldn't expect any drastic overhauls to the franchise (unless it were to suddenly stop selling, which it won't for the near future).

Around the Network
Lucas-Rio said:

Changing the Pokemon formula would be a total disaster. It would piss off the fans so much.

I don't care at all about the anime. It's for little kids. Videogames are for everyone. Pokemon is a videogame first. That's what the licence truely is. The main games have to remain a RPG forever.

Uhm they can keep on dong RPG. But they could creat antoher alongside just like PokePark? It's idiotic for your to say it would loose popularity.

Lucas-Rio said:

Uhm they can keep on doing RPG. But they could creat antoher alongside just like PokePark? It's idiotic for your to say it would loose popularity.

I agree, a pokemon mmorpg would be AWESOME!!!!!

After playing Tales of Symphonia, that battle style could be well afforded: four moves at a time wired to certain button presses that you command at your disposal (revise the PP system into something similar to an MP system), but their effectiveness depends in part on your skill in command of your pokemon, rather than the endless power of the spreadsheet

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I don't think the Wii can fully render all 550 Pokemon, NPCS, Towns, Gyms, and Overworld in 3D (not effect) with full SD graphics. I'm not even sure a PS3 or 360 can either.