By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Against the grain: 3-rated games, bias and fanboyism should GO!

Pyro as Bill said:
Icyedge said:
Pyro as Bill said:

"You seem to forget that when you read by pressing the X button and enjoy it, your playing."

And people think I'm trolling when I call them the Playstory generation.

lol, your getting me wrong, it needs to be coupled with good gameplay too. Read the previous post too you will understand. The type of game I enjoy have good gameplay and story. Beside, I was already playing games 22 years ago, so im not so sure about your playstory generation.

Excluding videogames, do you expect a story in any other game you play?

Board games, card games, sports?

No, since I dont play dungeon and dragon type board games, but its important for me in video game. Does it make me less of a gamer? This thread and the replies I get are getting quite ridiculous. Like I said before, I respect that story isnt important to all gamer.

Around the Network
Beuli2 said:
pizzahut451 said:
RolStoppable said:
Icyedge said:
RolStoppable said:

Like Super Mario Bros. 3 for example.

The story was quite good 16 years ago... you know, when I was 10 years old.

It's still good today. The perfect story for a video game.

No it isnt. You know it isnt

What he means is that games shouldn't have story at all, just a cause.

Why not? Why shouldnt a game have a good story? Whats wrong with that? Games with good stories>>>> Games with bad stories

"You seem to forget that when you read by pressing the X button and enjoy it, your playing."

No, that is just a form of flipping a page in a book, merely that it's usually one way. You really are twisting the definition here.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

RolStoppable said:
pizzahut451 said:
RolStoppable said:

I know that it is perfect, because if it wasn't, Nintendo wouldn't have been able to keep using it for 30 years and still get away with it.

Yeah well, people who buy Mario games dont exactly have a high standard when it comes to stories.

And plus, people dont buy Mario games for story, they buy them because its mario. Platforming fun. Thats it

pizzahut451 said:
RolStoppable said:
pizzahut451 said:
RolStoppable said:

I know that it is perfect, because if it wasn't, Nintendo wouldn't have been able to keep using it for 30 years and still get away with it.

Yeah well, people who buy Mario games dont exactly have a high standard when it comes to stories.

And plus, people dont buy Mario games for story, they buy them because its mario. Platforming fun. Thats it

No, it just means they find those games good to play. It says nothing about their standards for stories.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network
pizzahut451 said:
Beuli2 said:
pizzahut451 said:
RolStoppable said:
Icyedge said:
RolStoppable said:

Why not? Why shouldnt a game have a good story? Whats wrong with that? Games with good stories>>>> Games with bad stories

Not sales wise.

Above: still the best game of the year.

Beuli2 said:
pizzahut451 said:
Beuli2 said:
pizzahut451 said:
RolStoppable said:
Icyedge said:
RolStoppable said:

Not sales wise.

Sales dont always equal quality

pizzahut451 said:
Beuli2 said:
pizzahut451 said:
Beuli2 said:
pizzahut451 said:
RolStoppable said:
Icyedge said:
RolStoppable said:

Not sales wise.

Sales dont always equal quality

Quality is an opinion. The majority thinks Super Mario Bros 3 for instance is quality, while the minority thinks games like Heavy Rain or God of War are quality.

Above: still the best game of the year.

LordTheNightKnight said:

No, that is just a form of flipping a page in a book, merely that it's usually one way. You really are twisting the definition here.

Yes thats a form of flipping a page. As long as you enjoy reading, your playing. Personally, I like when its coupled with good gameplay. Seems like Ill have to post the definition of playing once again:

"To occupy oneself in amusement, sport, or other recreation"

I dont see your big problem with me saying I like a good story in a video game.  In any case, if you guys keep being as unrespectful, Ill simply stop replying here. I thought this thread was in the "gaming discussion".

RolStoppable said:
pizzahut451 said:
RolStoppable said:

There you have it. This means that injecting what you call a good story would make a game like Super Mario worse, not better.

Yes probably, but that isnt the point. Other games are suited for a storyline. Wheter or not theres a story, doesnt pose any problem, both games are games. Its the gamer choice to prefer one or the other. Its also the gamer choice to dismiss one for being story heavy or for having no story. Why are you guys making so much of a problem out of this statement?!?