By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My family made fun of me because of Kirby: EY

Honestly it is really a cute over load, I can see why some people would think that way. But honestly you need to stand your ground an adult can play what ever the heck they want. I know of grown women who still watch Pooh Bear and Hello Kitty and they aren't made fun of.

Not that I think you should be watching Pooh Bear or Hello Kitty but the point is its okay for an adult to play cute games. Even childish games. Now if your playing Dora the Explorer that might be going alittle too far. But Nintendo made Kirby for all audiences they just chose the story book form and yarn as an interesting art direction.

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Around the Network
Immortal said:

I feel your pain. My family was making fun of me for playing Epic Mickey (Why the heck are you playing a childish Disney game!?),

Really, it was the opposite for me, I was teasing my 4 year old niece because I got a Micky game and she didn't.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
Immortal said:

I feel your pain. My family was making fun of me for playing Epic Mickey (Why the heck are you playing a childish Disney game!?),

Really, it was the opposite for me, I was teasing my 4 year old niece because I got a Micky game and she didn't.

LOL! I can imagine such a situation.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

ololoololololoolloo you like kirby's epic yarn

i agree with them, :S

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

Around the Network
morenoingrato said:

ololoololololoolloo you like kirby's epic yarn

Yeah exactly. lol.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Reminds me of when I was younger and living at my parents house, they would always give me shit like : "Why do you spend so much time playing video games? Do something else instead."

I would reply with : "Why do you spend so much time watching TV? At least mine is interactive. Do something else instead."

They would always hate me for saying that, yet now there is my mom, wasting away on Facebook playing Farmville and the like. Her own words from way back then came back with a vengeance and bit her in the ass.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Mr Khan said:

There's a good CS Lewis quote that puts people in their place in these instances, but i forget what it is...

here are a few:

"...a children's story which is only enjoyed by children is a bad children's story."

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."

"Those of us who are blamed when old for reading childish books were blamed when children for reading books too old for us. No reader worth his salt trots along in obedience to a time table."

Your family sucks. Get a new one.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Your first mistake is letting them get to you, do what I do, and tell them to go sit on nails, I promist they'll eventually stop saying such things. My friends no longer give me greif about owning a Wii. (I usually throw the "I least I dont have to get it fixed 5 times" line at them) all my friends are perverts so picking a female character in games have never been an issue, it helps that they dont suck (Sophitia/Cassandra, never change!!)