By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My family made fun of me because of Kirby: EY

The game is just too cutesy. You cannot be taken seriously playing this game no matter how good the gameplay or soundtrack is  or whatever.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network

Kirby Epic Yarn is technically Yoshi's Story (N64) done right. It's development was clearly aimed at appealing to younger audiences, but it wasn't so dumbed down (and Kirby maintains being as awesome as he naturally is, despite losing his trademark power) that most can overlook it to the actual quality platformer inside of it.

That being said, tell your family the image below is what Kirby would look like if he wasn't censored in games.

... that or have them watch "There will be Brawl"

The same thing happened to me, except that i dont like the game that much and dropped it 1 hour later after getting tired of not dying

Seriously, this game has the worst art direction ever it looks like its aimed at 7 year old girls and it plays like it was made for 2 years old. This isnt a family game its plain retarded, the only reason it got good reviews was because of the stupid analysts praising the "amazing graphics"

Nintendo is the best videogames company ever!

--OkeyDokey-- said:

My dad once called LittleBigPlanet a game for retards. So I gave it to him to play  and he couldn't even jump over a block. I said to him, "I can go find a game for coma patients if this is too hard for you". :P

ha!

Maybe because it's the worst game of the year?

Anyway, welcome to the party.  I got laughed at when Ada died in RE2.  Everybody asked me if she was my girlfriend (I was the only one that didn't have a GF at the time).  I got laughed at for using a female character in fighting games.  I got laughed at when I bought Onechanbara Bikini Samurai Squad.  Fuck 'em.  I had fun.

Around the Network

I was playing Ocarina of Time a while back and my father commented saying "Is that Peter Pan?"  Also my sisters laughed at Metroid: Other M when I was playing it.  Mostly the cutscene in the beginning with Lady.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Here's what you tell them about Kirby, although doesn't fully work for Epic Yarn as Kirby doesn't eat people anymore.

But moving on, Kirby has to be one of the most deceiving characters in gaming.  He is this puffy, pink ball that is as cute as ever that devours its enemies and their souls to steal their powers to transform into weapons of mass destruction and wreak havoc upon the world.  There is nothing more epic and amazing than that.  

My friends would laugh at me when I'd play as Lita in any WWE game. I didn't care, she's the best!

My parents still think that I'm possessed by Satan because I play videogames. Seriously you may think that I'm joking but its true, I would prefer that they laugh at me but is the other way around.

Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?

Does your family subscribe to Entertainment Weekly?

Personally, I think those who fight the same battle over and over again are the ones with issues.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV