Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My family made fun of me because of Kirby: EY

My mom make fun of me because i play video games.

Around the Network

My dad once called LittleBigPlanet a game for retards. So I gave it to him to play  and he couldn't even jump over a block. I said to him, "I can go find a game for coma patients if this is too hard for you". :P

ghost_of_fazz said:

Last time I checked, family exist only to give you food, shelter and money, not for giving you their opinions :)

Yeah. If they try and make fun of my games I usually attack at their week spot: religion It always shuts them up ^_^ Yeah, its a bit brutal, but how in gods name can I finish Devil May Cry with all their comments?

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

--OkeyDokey-- said:

My dad once called LittleBigPlanet a game for retards. So I gave it to him to play  and he couldn't even jump over a block. I said to him, "I can go find a game for coma patients if this is too hard for you". :P

So the lack of skill in video games is a common trait in your family.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

RolStoppable said:

KEY is pushing cutesy to an unbearable level in the eyes of some (or most?) people and that's really not surprising. The fact that you can't die in this game just adds to the initial impression that it was made for babies.

This.  There is no denying the art style and gameplay was aimed at the very young.

Around the Network

The game is just too cutesy. You cannot be taken seriously playing this game no matter how good the gameplay or soundtrack is  or whatever.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Kirby Epic Yarn is technically Yoshi's Story (N64) done right. It's development was clearly aimed at appealing to younger audiences, but it wasn't so dumbed down (and Kirby maintains being as awesome as he naturally is, despite losing his trademark power) that most can overlook it to the actual quality platformer inside of it.

That being said, tell your family the image below is what Kirby would look like if he wasn't censored in games.

... that or have them watch "There will be Brawl"

The same thing happened to me, except that i dont like the game that much and dropped it 1 hour later after getting tired of not dying

Seriously, this game has the worst art direction ever it looks like its aimed at 7 year old girls and it plays like it was made for 2 years old. This isnt a family game its plain retarded, the only reason it got good reviews was because of the stupid analysts praising the "amazing graphics"

Nintendo is the best videogames company ever!

--OkeyDokey-- said:

LMAO, well done.

OT: Only time this happened to me when my mom said something about the star things in SMG. She was like "why are you playing this cute thing?" Only one time though. My parents don't care. I don't play many cute games though.

--OkeyDokey-- said:

ha!