By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - It's official! The PS3 can't be saved anymore

psrock said:

Read people, read.

This Generation has taught us that a library of great games is more important than just one big game. There is no doomed for any of consoles folks. The Wii can sell 3rd aprty games, the 360 is as stable now if more than the PS3, and the PS3 can match all with its game library. I still believe this is the best Generation ever.

tell it brother, spread the word of awesome unity

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Around the Network
Chibi.V.29 said:

Has 1 game EVER saved a consol? PS3 doesnt need saving anyway :3

A killer app, released early in the life of a console, can propel it to first place.  It gets harder the longer the console is on the market, because then libraries matter.  In addition to libraries, who people know that owns whatever system, makes a difference to.  People will buy what their friends are buying.

richardhutnik said:
Chibi.V.29 said:

Has 1 game EVER saved a consol? PS3 doesnt need saving anyway :3

A killer app, released early in the life of a console, can propel it to first place.  It gets harder the longer the console is on the market, because then libraries matter.  In addition to libraries, who people know that owns whatever system, makes a difference to.  People will buy what their friends are buying.

Ah this is such a good answer ^^

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

unexpected thread contents :p

It's not doomed anymore so no need for saving atm - unless you meant saving it from third place?

I know your just joking, but nobody ever said Lair, Resistance 2 or Heavenly Sword would save the PS3. And I don't recall Killzone 2 or LBP being hailed as a savior either. You're right about the others though.

Anyways considering the PS3 is last place in sales and has about 45 million sales, I'd say I'm fine with how its doing. It'll soon pass the SNES and will easily pass the NES which were Nintendo's best sellers before the Wii. 

Around the Network

Of course collectively all those things "saved" PS3. That and a decent price cut in 2009.

I can't wait for the 50 million party for PS3. The 360 50 million party will be huge, but the PS3 50 million party will be a huge sigh of relief

I also don't understand Rol paying Sony / PS3 a compliment, even if in a somewhat backhanded way...does not compute.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:

Of course collectively all those things "saved" PS3. That and a decent price cut in 2009.

I can't wait for the 50 million party for PS3. The 360 50 million party will be huge, but the PS3 50 million party will be a huge sigh of relief

I also don't understand Rol paying Sony / PS3 a compliment, even if in a somewhat backhanded way...does not compute.

What day is it today?

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

lol, I love threads like these, really shows who reads the OP/thread!

psrock said:

Read people, read.

This Generation has taught us that a library of great games is more important than just one big game. There is no doomed for any of consoles folks. The Wii can sell 3rd aprty games, the 360 is as stable now if more than the PS3, and the PS3 can match all with its game library. I still believe this is the best Generation ever.

This is the best generation ever considering every system has a lot of games worth buying across *3* platforms - thats a feat in itself.

It's just that simple.

Chairman-Mao said:

I know your just joking, but nobody ever said Lair, Resistance 2 or Heavenly Sword would save the PS3. And I don't recall Killzone 2 or LBP being hailed as a savior either. You're right about the others though.

Anyways considering the PS3 is last place in sales and has about 45 million sales, I'd say I'm fine with how its doing. It'll soon pass the SNES and will easily pass the NES which were Nintendo's best sellers before the Wii. 

You apparently weren't around here in 2006....