By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - It's official! The PS3 can't be saved anymore

rutea7 said:
MDMAniac said:

What's funnier, no matter how wise words of OP are, there will be people who are in strict denial about dissapointing sales all jumping into the thread

what's funnier is that you obviously didnt read the OP. wise words indeed especially when he mentions how stable and healthy the ps3 sales are.

u know its crazy! i read the OP (because its ROL and he always makes good points sometimes)and i didn't see that, or because its been so long i just don't remember it.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:

At this point regardless of whether the PS3 is in third, I am happy with it as its now my console of choice. It's got the variety I want and I can barely play all of the exclusives. This means when its all said and done I have a huge experience.

That is what ultimately matters. I wish more people had your point of view. Too many people are worry more about how well their console sells. What really matters is how much you enjoy your console of choice.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
rutea7 said:
MDMAniac said:

What's funnier, no matter how wise words of OP are, there will be people who are in strict denial about dissapointing sales all jumping into the thread

what's funnier is that you obviously didnt read the OP. wise words indeed especially when he mentions how stable and healthy the ps3 sales are.

u know its crazy! i read the OP (because its ROL and he always makes good points sometimes)and i didn't see that, or because its been so long i just don't remember it.

on the last paragraph where he wrote "After a problematic launch period in late 2006/early 2007, Sony slowly, but surely, got its act together and the PS3 started to have healthy hardware and software sales on a regular basis."

you just need to reach the last paragraph, i'm sure anyone in this forum could do that.

rutea7 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
rutea7 said:
MDMAniac said:

on the last paragraph where he wrote "After a problematic launch period in late 2006/early 2007, Sony slowly, but surely, got its act together and the PS3 started to have healthy hardware and software sales on a regular basis."

you just need to reach the last paragraph, i'm sure anyone in this forum could do that.

well thanks. that looks like a cheap shot? but like i said ROL mostly always makes great threads and topic's.

Darc Requiem said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

At this point regardless of whether the PS3 is in third, I am happy with it as its now my console of choice. It's got the variety I want and I can barely play all of the exclusives. This means when its all said and done I have a huge experience.

That is what ultimately matters. I wish more people had your point of view. Too many people are worry more about how well their console sells. What really matters is how much you enjoy your console of choice.

i'll second both of you.

Around the Network

saved from fanboys who want big numbers that is.

RolStoppable said:

Sony still has Final Fantasy Versus XIII =P (wishful thinking)

Now this was a good thread that I've missed...

OT: Just wait for E3 man :D

Darc Requiem said:

The whole "save the PS3" nonsense was started near the beginning of the generation by Sony fans that couldn't fathom a PS console not finishing first.  The PS3 isn't finishing first. So it can't be "saved."

@Darth Tigris

You have one of the best avatars on VGChartz.

The history of the videogame industry has shown that a top dog doesn't remain on top forever.  An only exception here would be Nintendo in the handheld arena.  However, it is possible one may end up seeing smart phones become a preferred choice for gaming and that would signal an end to Nintendo dominance in that area.

RolStoppable said:
dunno001 said:

If it makes you feel better, I'm seeing it in the post for what it is- a reference to the system's past. It's a reference to when the PS3 was not doing as well, and how many loyalists kept saying that X would save it, despite, as some others have mentioned, that one game alone this gen is incapable of doing so. It's no longer in need of saving, as you said, because of the list of things it has now. So I'll say that I do not see any reason to mod that post, and I have the reputation of being one of the hardest mods here.

I've been banned by eight different moderators and you aren't one of them. So much for you being one of the hardest mods around here. And as psrock said, ssj12 banned people for disagreeing with him.

That means 7 of your bans were justified?

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.