By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - It's official! The PS3 can't be saved anymore

sad but true

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network

Rolstoppable Needs to be saved from trying too hard and his jokes getting too damn old.

RolStoppable said:

I've been waiting to make this thread since a couple of weeks, because I wanted to see more numbers and not jump the gun prematurely.

Gran Turismo 5 was the last game left in the long line of PS3 saviors that were named in pretty much every thread concerning hardware sales and future lineups in 2007 and 2008. As time passed by, one game after another failed to do its job of saving the PS3 and now even Sony's by far biggest exclusive couldn't manage to turn things around. So why did Gran Turismo 5 fail to save the PS3? 

The answer is quite simple, really. At this point in time the PS3 just doesn't need to be saved anymore. After a problematic launch period in late 2006/early 2007, Sony slowly, but surely, got its act together and the PS3 started to have healthy hardware and software sales on a regular basis.

i aprove of this thread.

too bad not many people read it and jumped the gun on reading the title alone.

it's a damn good 3rd place. my console of choice doesnt need saving. i wouldnt mind more jrpgs though, i hope the ones that are coming will be localized.

i think you should change this topic to 360 can't be save anymore in japan base... cause i don't get what you mean by save the PS3, it just not selling as hot as PS2 that's all, but still selling well in worldwide, so why is it need to be save since it's not dying like how poor 360 sells is performing in japan...

The PS3 was saved last year by Uncharted 2, a game which is still selling comparatively well and people are still talking about it.

i dont see what the problem is at the moment, PS3 has healthy sales across all 3 regions for 2010, and its still the most expensive. despite the low prices, price cuts, huge advertising and software sales for the other 2 platforms a console which is more expensive, with less advertising has been performing comparatively well.

what extactly does the PS3 need saving from?? microsoft or nintendo might choose to release new consoles next year or the year after, but i dont see how the PS3 wont sell comparatively well against those consoles when the time comes.

Sony dont need to release a new console when Nintendo do, because Nintendo next Wii is probabily going to be less powerful than the PS3, without as many features like blu ray, 3D. why does Sony need a new console in that case? it already does everything.

As for Microsoft, i dont think they're competing on the same level as Sony now, they're now catering to their Kinect, casual fanbase. this does not affect the PS3 too badly because people buy a PS3 for different types of games. however it does affect Move, but thats not a problem, because i dont care for motion controls anyway!

Around the Network

Did leo-j chalk up GTA4?

routsounmanman said:

Did leo-j chalk up GTA4?

LMFAO!

Btw, it seems people aren't noticing who the TC is, nor are they reading the OP.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Gilgamesh said:

Your stealth trolling is not pleasing to me, the PS3 does not need saving, period!

Dude... You're cute and a PS3 supporter... but for crying out loud, read the OP!

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Spedfrom said:
Gilgamesh said:

Your stealth trolling is not pleasing to me, the PS3 does not need saving, period!

Dude... You're cute and a PS3 supporter... but for crying out loud, read the OP!

i agree with gilgamesh , ps3 does not need saving , i buy ps3 in the launch and always have good games to play !!! So in that perspective the thread is a stealth troll to bash ps3.

The OP said the PS3 doesn't need saving.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

I agree it doesn't need saving. It is the most expensive, launched over a year (year and half in euro) later, and only ~4m behind the No.2 selling home console.

Come to think of it...

And yes I read the OP.