By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which you prefer: FFXIII or PS Home

Which you prefer: FFXIII or PS Home

PS Home 21 31.34%

Final Fantasy XIII 25 37.31%

None 15 22.39%

Draw 6 8.96%

Total:67

i had to sign up just to defend ff13 cos it is getting old....... yeah, there's no towns and a diminished sense of exploration, starts off a little slow at the beginning, but seriously, anyone who says this is just press x is full of shit. and anyone who says the story is cheesy, as if previous final fantasies weren't extremely cheesy at time, maybe needs to replay the old games to get a refresher on just how j-cheesy this series has always been.

in previous final fantasies, you got to a point where you were so powerful that yeah you can just press x over and over and beat everybody. so it's not like "just press x" is new to the series.

in ff13, the battle system more than makes up for any flaws this game has. i really don't know how people got through this game with a "just press x" strategy and it smells like a lot of bs. because for me, there was a loooooot more depth than just press x. i have never had to think so much about strategy, ive never died so many times, in a final fantasy game. set up my paradigms right, perfect the switching timing, know when to cast ruinga, know how to build up the stagger faster, picking the right moments to heal and buff and debuff as quickly as possible... there was a lot to this game. every single boss battle was extremely satisfying, and a lot of the random battles as well. yeah, you definitely get good at it over time, but the challenge increases as well. especially if you're doing the gran pulse missions. how awesome it felt to try to debuff a boss and try and try and try to stay alive until finally it stuck.. and then BOOM full force attack... seriously, i have never enjoyed battles as much as i did in this game, it actually felt like yeah my party is just three little human beings fighting a giant fucking monster. this game conveyed that feeling perfectly. you couldnt choose every single action because there was no time for that! super high paced battles that felt grand on scale. i fucking loved this game (and if you need to see my resume, blah blah ive played every single final fantasy and every single square game since snes up to ps1)

but i guess to each their own, and i wish people respected that. if you didnt like the game then fine. why are you wasting time and energy hating on this game on the internet? go talk up a game you like instead. for me, personally, i hope they keep the battle system for the next one and bring in the things that was lacking.

merry xmas everybody.

Around the Network

Signing up and downloading Home was the most useless thing I've ever done.

With maybe the exception of playing WoW.

usually this are the kind of trends i would make,

i'd go for neither.

tnko said:

i had to sign up just to defend ff13 cos it is getting old....... yeah, there's no towns and a diminished sense of exploration, starts off a little slow at the beginning, but seriously, anyone who says this is just press x is full of shit. and anyone who says the story is cheesy, as if previous final fantasies weren't extremely cheesy at time, maybe needs to replay the old games to get a refresher on just how j-cheesy this series has always been.

in previous final fantasies, you got to a point where you were so powerful that yeah you can just press x over and over and beat everybody. so it's not like "just press x" is new to the series.

in ff13, the battle system more than makes up for any flaws this game has. i really don't know how people got through this game with a "just press x" strategy and it smells like a lot of bs. because for me, there was a loooooot more depth than just press x. i have never had to think so much about strategy, ive never died so many times, in a final fantasy game. set up my paradigms right, perfect the switching timing, know when to cast ruinga, know how to build up the stagger faster, picking the right moments to heal and buff and debuff as quickly as possible... there was a lot to this game. every single boss battle was extremely satisfying, and a lot of the random battles as well. yeah, you definitely get good at it over time, but the challenge increases as well. especially if you're doing the gran pulse missions. how awesome it felt to try to debuff a boss and try and try and try to stay alive until finally it stuck.. and then BOOM full force attack... seriously, i have never enjoyed battles as much as i did in this game, it actually felt like yeah my party is just three little human beings fighting a giant fucking monster. this game conveyed that feeling perfectly. you couldnt choose every single action because there was no time for that! super high paced battles that felt grand on scale. i fucking loved this game (and if you need to see my resume, blah blah ive played every single final fantasy and every single square game since snes up to ps1)

but i guess to each their own, and i wish people respected that. if you didnt like the game then fine. why are you wasting time and energy hating on this game on the internet? go talk up a game you like instead. for me, personally, i hope they keep the battle system for the next one and bring in the things that was lacking.

merry xmas everybody.

lol nice nice.....boom goes the dynamite. i agree though.

tnko said:

merry xmas everybody.

welcome back.... Darth!

Around the Network
sad.man.loves.vgc said:
tnko said:

merry xmas everybody.

welcome back.... Darth!

Darth doesn't spell like that.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

huaxiong90 said:

FFXIII is what it is...

PS Home can always expand if Sony would make an effort.

You decide...

I think this ^^

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

huaxiong90 said:
sad.man.loves.vgc said:
tnko said:

merry xmas everybody.

welcome back.... Darth!

Darth doesn't spell like that.

I know! he also uses caps and !!!!! but that would've given him away, right?

radha said:
Ajescent said:

Random comparison...not even a fair one I'd say but all in all, I still play Home and no longer own FF13 so...

it is not random at all, i think even the speed of the characters is the same, is amazing how much this 2 games have in common, none have story for example, but at the same time the are like a complement for each other, FF 13 lacks towns, HOME is just towns, FF13 Lacks mini games, HOME only has mini games.... you see?

I think where people trip up is the fact that Home isn't really a game, It's just a glorified chatroom with minigames. If anything it's just an expansion of the Store. I guess the reason why most are disappointed is because they go in expecting in depth games but when it's just a glorified chatroom.

if you look at it from that point of view, it becomes clear why I and many others like it.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

I actually like FFXIII... But I don't think I've used Home for more than 15 minutes since the first month.