By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Predict the sales of the 3 biggest exclusives in 2011

Uncharted 3 : 6 Million
Gears of War 3 : 6.5 Million
Zelda : 8 Million

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network
  • Zelda - 8 million or more - It'll be the first full Zelda for Wii, and its sales won't be split across two platforms. 
  • Uncharted 3 - 6 million - About the same or slightly more than Uncharted 2's lifetime sales.
  • Gears 3 - 6.5 million - The added development time plus things like dedicated servers lead me to believe this will be a much bigger step up than Gears to Gears 2, and I think it'll be the best selling title in the series.

Thought it really depends on how long this generation lasts.  The third 3rd/4th years in a game's life can still add another several hundred thousand in sales to a game's total, as seen with Gears/Uncharted, and these games may not have that kind of shelf-life.

Torillian said:

I agree with your general idea that Zelda might not be the highest seller for Wii in 2011 but you are way overstating the sales of those games.

What about New Super Mario Bros Wii, Wii Sports Resort or Wii Fit Plus?  Will all of the games break 5 million next year?  Will any of them break 10,000,000 next year?

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Zelda won't be the biggest exclusive next year. There will be some surprise announcment in E3 that will outsell it easily, problably a Motiom plus arcadish game or something (I hope however fo NSMB Wii 2 !)

Above: still the best game of the year.

zelda: 7.8 million

Uncharted: 5.5 Million

gears: 6.2 million

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
NotStan said:

I'd say 5M LTD for Uncharted 3 is pretty low end of the projection as U2 has a chance at cracking at least 4.5m, all comes down to the performance and whether it's on par really :D, I'll say that Gears 2 has a chance at 3M FW and probably roundabouts 6-7M LTD, again depending on the feedback from the users and the general consensus, can't comment on Zelda as the Wii games are too much of a wildcard and don't follow the usual pattern.. Either selling way below expectation or selling way above :D

Uncharted 2 will crack 4.5 mill in a few weeks or so (currently it's at 4.31mill with 2 weeks of holiday sales left). 5 mill is a given at this point with 5.2-5.5 mill looking likely. However, I don't see Uncharted 3 doing much more than 5 mill because of when it's launching (closer to the end of this gen cycle), and franchise saturation.

I too think Gears 3 will do 3 million first week, but like Uncharted 3, it will be plagued with end gen fever and franchise saturation.

well CGI i don't normally disagree with you (infact i've never disagreed with you)until now! (shocking for me to is the the twilight zone or something?)

GEARS 3 will sell 6m

Uncharted will  sell 5-6m

Legend of Zelda will sell 4-45m Hey its a wild card?

Uncharted 3 - 5 to 6 million

New Zelda - 8 to 9 million

Gears of War 3 - 7 to 8 million

Uncharted 3: 6 million

Zelda: 7 million

Gears: 7 million

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius