By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Castlevania belongs on Nintendo consoles.

umh... so much bad comments on LoS... I was planning on getting it in 2011 :-/

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Around the Network

All the recent good ones are on a Nintendo console anyway. The DS.

Castlevania Rebirth was a good start, but why not make a full retail 2D Castlevania, with awesome graphics yet simple? Many companies were stupid to jump to the 3D revolution and just forgot about 2D games (even though the 3D games never matched the old ones in sales). Nintendo made that retarded mistake for 18 years until they finnaly released NSMB Wii (which beat the crap out of every 3D Mario in existence).

It isn't hard and doesn't require lot's of budget to make a 2D game, though it needs a lot of ability to make a a quality platformer, but I think Konami can do it, as it seems to be one of the few out there that got the back to the roots thing right with Contra 4 and the rebirth Castlevania, Gradius and Contra games (where Megaman 9 and 10 just wanted to be a glorification to the past instead of progressing the series, Kirby Epic Yarn isn't really a Kirby game and hence it is failing sales wise, and Sonic still hasn't recovered it's greatness, among others).

Above: still the best game of the year.

Hephaestos said:

It's quite popular in other areas of the internet. I'll be picking it up regardless.

--OkeyDokey-- said:

SotN is the highest rated and best selling Castlevania ever, and that was a Playstation game. Sooooo...

http://www.vgchartz.com/worldtotals.php?name=castlevania

Above: still the best game of the year.

Around the Network

Damn straight!!! The last great castlevania game was Castlevania IV on the SNES forget any PSX version they are all crap for one reason, Castlevania is better as a 2D platformer with the ability to shoot your whip in a diagonal. Castlevania was just so crap with the jump and shoot your whip in a straight line. Crap, crap, crap. Konami release a 2D game on the Wii, you know it will win look at Mario and DK. Same thing could be said of Final Fantasy that has not been a great game since it left Nintendo consoles either.

I just realized that such a powerful concentration of people with whom I disagree in so many ways is toxic to my mood and my behavior

I gotta get out of here

Khuutra said:
Hephaestos said:

It's quite popular in other areas of the internet. I'll be picking it up regardless.

nice costume, I barely recognized you... and thanks for the advice  santa... euh link

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Everyone seems to have forgot about Castlevania judgement :P.

But in all honesty, Castlevania as a series just isn't that big of a seller - I think Konami are much better of just releasing a good Metroid style 2D game every year on XBLA / PSN / WiiWare and keep supporting it on the handhelds. Shadow Complex was just a MEtroid Clone and was successful, so I'm sure Castlevania could hit the spot - I know XBLA had one but never heard much about it :/.

Castlevania just isn't a series that can sustain a multimillion budget on celebrity voice actors or amazing graphics, and I don't think it can really pry $50 / $60 from the mainstream market nowadays. Lord of Shadow was pretty much competiting with game series like God of War, Devil May Cry, Bayonetta etc - it didn't stand a chance despite being qutie good.

Beuli2 said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

SotN is the highest rated and best selling Castlevania ever, and that was a Playstation game. Sooooo...

http://www.vgchartz.com/worldtotals.php?name=castlevania

How can you be here as long as you have and post something that ignorant? Those are only Japan sales and all the post SNES Castlevanias flopped there!

@ Mr T
You honestly think with all the acclaim and re-releases Symphony got that it isn't the most successful in the franchise?