By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Castlevania belongs on Nintendo consoles.

They can put it on any console for all I care, but make it good.

I found LoS to be complete devoid of any originality, ideas, style or fun...a rip off of other games if you can call it that.  Worst of all it really didn't rip anything off past castlevania games, but other currently popular franchises. Its like having Van Hallen change their sound 20 years in to their career and try to sound like Kesha and Lady Gaga.

Maybe Mercury Steam will get it right next time (doubt it), but I'd be most comfortable if they gave the next major castlevania game release to another developer and took a major risk. Kinect, wiimote or move controlled platforming adventure? Go for it IGA...you know you want to.

Around the Network
psrock said:
SaviorX said:
psrock said:

Take it, but give us back MH3.

You already have it...on the PSP.

I don't and I want it in HD as it should be,

The thing is if it ever comes to the PS3 they'll probably charge you to play online. The only reason I played the Wii one was because it was free. >_< If the the next MH ain't free then Capcom can go eff themselves.  

psrock said:
SaviorX said:
psrock said:

Take it, but give us back MH3.

You already have it...on the PSP.

I don't and I want it in HD as it should be,

Don't worry, i am quite sure Capcom will announce it in 2011.

But we must first concentrate ourselves on the way to entertain people, for video games to live. Else, it's a world where sales representative will win, which has as effect to kill creativity. I want to say to the creators all around the world:"Courage, Dare!". Shigeru Miyamoto.

Castlevania games developed for Nintendo platforms with a Japanese audience in mind have always been better. I am in full agreement with the OP.

I just think they should stick to 2D, SotN is my favourite and that has never appeared on a Nintendo platform

Around the Network

SotN is the highest rated and best selling Castlevania ever, and that was a Playstation game. Sooooo...

deluded argument

"Tomb Raider is a Playstation thing, along with Tales of___" - First tomb raider game was PS1/Sega Saturn.... all tomb raider games have been multi-platform outside of 2, and 3 which remain PS1 exclusives..... So no, its not a playstation thing. She's "Associated with the Playstation" brand, because she was marketed during the PS1 days, not anymore. Tales of has been milked to death. It's been in every console. Tales of Graces on the wii got oustold by a 1 year old-port on the PS3.... with an inferior userbase on Japan.... so yeah... good luck with that. Even tales of vesperia on the 360 outsold tales of symphonia wii...

"2D games and Sonic games are at home on Nintendo consoles. New Super Mario Bros, Epic Mickey, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Sonic, Klonoa, Castlevania Rebirth, A Boy and His Blob, de Blob, Flip's Twisted World, the list goes on"- this i can agree with, but i would argue that it would be better to make a 2D game on the Nintendo DS, Xbox Live Arcade, Wiiware, or even Playstation Network. Better, faster, cheaper.

"The Wii, at least, is the most accepting console for games of Castlevania's true nature."- so your argument is that since games that feature Mario, Donkey Kong, Sonic, and Mickey sell, then Castlevania will sell as well.... flawed argument. Also Klonoa, A boy and His Blob, Flip's Twisted World bombed hard. I'll add the Batman: brave and bold 2D game from wayforward to that list of bombs.

"If Lords of Shadow was a Wii exclusive, even in its current form, the only competition it would've ever had was the Rygar port which couldn't push 75k. Rygar was a failure on Tecmo's part" - now this is why your credibility on the forums will take a dive. "If it was a WII exclusive".... how many times have i read that this gen. Your argument makes you rather show your true nintendo fan feelings, rather than fact. Why not just say, if there was a version of the game that took full advantage of the platform? The competition it will face, is retail space. It has no brand recognition to the new Wii userbase (soccer moms, children) other than to gamers, and retailers love to stack on nintendo games, because they know people will buy them, because of the brand, or character (mario) affiliation. Thank god you don't run a video game company, it would had gone bankrupt by now. 2D games are a dying breed, and it was a wise choice for them to make cheap , quality games for the DS.

If i'm not mistaken, Lords of Shadow was a success, that DLC is in plan to be released soon, and a sequel is bound to be announced. Doubt you've even played the game.

--OkeyDokey-- said:

SotN is the highest rated and best selling Castlevania ever, and that was a Playstation game. Sooooo...

I'm sure that on their Castlevania retrospective, GameTrailers stated that Castlevania: Circle of the Moon was the first Castlvania game to break 1m sold.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/part-iv-the-castlevania/705742

go to 9:39 to here it

castlevania has been dead to me after rondo of blood.  metroidvanias are ok but it's only a similar game in looks not in gameplay. 

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

johnsobas said:

castlevania has been dead to me after rondo of blood.  metroidvanias are ok but it's only a similar game in looks not in gameplay. 

Order of Ecclesia was an excellent fusion of the two styles, with a much heavier leaning toward platforming than any other Castlevania in about 15 years.