By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Miyamoto to his rivals: Go and find something new

Yep..... or something. Plus Zelda is half complete

“I don't think the Wii is something that people need to graduate from. Of course, I am happy that motion is fashionable now. But when we make games, we are not trying to produce trendy products. It needs to be an experience that's meaningful, and the motion control needs to add something. So our new Zelda game takes motion control and adds something to the game to make you feel like you're part of the adventure. I think our rivals need to find what it is they have to offer that’s new." - Shigeru Miyamoto

- The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is “over half complete”

- “What we are focused on is creating gameplay mechanics so the gameplay experience feels very dense. In fact, the overall experience is going to feel more dense. We hope that people will want to go back and replay the game once they finish it”.
- “On the software side we are seeing stable sales, and Mario Kart is still selling at a steady pace. There's still a lot of games we can create for it, and our audience is expanding. Nintendo doesn't think so much about competition as about creating new video game experiences, trying to do things differently. The other thing we focus on is trying to deliver our interactive entertainment to as broad an audience as possible."

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/37425/interview-shigeru-miyamoto-nintendo-zelda

Around the Network

2011 is now confirmed as release date for Zelda. But how long is the game?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

"Over half complete"

Nintendo has said things like this in the past and released a game less than 3 months later. I'd take the 50% assumption with a grain of salt.

Oh yeah, Mario Kart sold 300k this week in EMEAA after nearly 3 years homie!

Deeper Zelda and more Wii games coming? Yes please.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

I really dont see how he can be smug about the Kinect and Move since the Wii Remote had to be upgraded to meet the original promise of 1:1 motion while the PSEye and Kinect have always offered a completely different type of gaming, and the Move takes the motion controls of the Wii and makes it more accurate with full controller tracking.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

I really hope we don't have to wait another year for Zelda... but I'll wait if it means the complete overhaul it appears they are giving the franchise :D

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Around the Network
ssj12 said:

I really dont see how he can be smug about the Kinect and Move since the Wii Remote had to be upgraded to meet the original promise of 1:1 motion while the PSEye and Kinect have always offered a completely different type of gaming, and the Move takes the motion controls of the Wii and makes it more accurate with full controller tracking.

That's easy to with 4 years to watch how it's done.......

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

ssj12 said:

Yet still gets off center and lacks a motion sub controller

And like others have said I don't think they ever promised anything more than motion controls, people assumed 1:1 motion was possible, if you can find some link to them saying they promise 1:1 motion that'd be very beneficial to your argument. 

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

ssj12 said:

So, he should cancel Skyward Sword and wait for an upgraded Wii Remote?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

SaviorX said:

"Over half complete"

Nintendo has said things like this in the past and released a game less than 3 months later. I'd take the 50% assumption with a grain of salt.

Oh yeah, Mario Kart sold 300k this week in EMEAA after nearly 3 years homie!

Deeper Zelda and more Wii games coming? Yes please.

The 50% likely refers to the final build, not all the work needed to make the game.  The initial design phase, and the test builds they make for testing individual components likely don't count.

Veder Juda is hand crafted from EPIC FAIL, and is a 96% certified Looney; the other 4% is a work in progress.

Miyamoto should be the one who should go and find something new, last thing he did was Nintendogs.

Polishing games isn't something "Different"