By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Miyamoto to his rivals: Go and find something new

Good to hear Miyamoto will still be working hard next year as always. I do still wonder what Nintendo will have in store for their current gen consoles in 2011, though.

How technical is your game?

Around the Network
SaviorX said:
ssj12 said:

I really dont see how he can be smug about the Kinect and Move since the Wii Remote had to be upgraded to meet the original promise of 1:1 motion while the PSEye and Kinect have always offered a completely different type of gaming, and the Move takes the motion controls of the Wii and makes it more accurate with full controller tracking.

That's easy to with 4 years to watch how it's done.......

Well you do remember a little PS2 camera called the EyeToy? Or how about the Mattle Power Glove. Both were before the Wii's time. Heck, the Sega Activator for the genesis could easily be called a precurser of the Kinect full body control style.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:
SaviorX said:
ssj12 said:

I really dont see how he can be smug about the Kinect and Move since the Wii Remote had to be upgraded to meet the original promise of 1:1 motion while the PSEye and Kinect have always offered a completely different type of gaming, and the Move takes the motion controls of the Wii and makes it more accurate with full controller tracking.

Well you do remember a little PS2 camera called the EyeToy? Or how about the Mattle Power Glove. Both were before the Wii's time. Heck, the Sega Activator for the genesis could easily be called a precurser of the Kinect full body control style.

The latter two didn't work. Thus they have no relevance to this argument. Also, Kinect doesn't have full tracking yet anyway. There are some rumored firmware options, but it shows it's not fulfilling its promises right off the bat either.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

ssj12 said:

The important thing is to make something work, Edison didn't invent the lightbulb but he  improve the concept

LordTheNightKnight said:
ssj12 said:
SaviorX said:
ssj12 said:

The latter two didn't work. Thus they have no relevance to this argument. Also, Kinect doesn't have full tracking yet anyway. There are some rumored firmware options, but it shows it's not fulfilling its promises right off the bat either.

Actually the power glove is the only way to successfully beat the game top gun.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network
PullusPardus said:

Miyamoto should be the one who should go and find something new, last thing he did was Nintendogs.

Polishing games isn't something "Different"

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

PullusPardus said:

Miyamoto should be the one who should go and find something new, last thing he did was Nintendogs.

Polishing games isn't something "Different"

He did many things after nintendogs such as Wii sports resort, mario galaxy 1 and 2, wii music, let's just say he's done thingsafter nintendogs and is now doing other things like SS.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

well if that wasnt the biggest load of crap i have ever read...

Nintendo and Miyamoto telling the competition, especially Sony to do something new...

HOW MANY MARIO GAMES AND ZELDA CLONES ARE YOU GOING TO MAKE?!

Nothing on the Wii is worth anything except those two franchises, and they know that...so they keep plowing out the sequals and THEY are talking about "Doing something new".

Nintendo is the lease innovative company, sure they brought Motion Controls, but sony did that first with the Eyetoy.

They say "Do something new" Well the gaming industry is getting tired of new Gimmicks, 3D and talking to camera's like Kinect and PS Eye is enough, beyond this is full body 3d Holographic interactivity, which in esscence is completely impractical outside specifically built Arcade buildings.

If anything it should be Nintendo doing something new, followed by Microsoft.

Sony is the only company this generation thats going beyond what makes money and sponsoring the new guys on the block-- The biggest of which was Media Molecule and Little Big Planet the Microsoft turned down and refused to change the XBL servers for the better in order to allow a game like LBP to actually exist...theres a reason why 99% of all MMO's announced for XBox get canceled a year later- Microsoft doesnt want to take the chance of spending money to better thier servers to allow optimized conditions for those types of games.

grrrr

my grammar sucks but  you get the point.

...uhh...ill just put my favorite quote of all time here.

"Welcome to Pain, the second of three...You have dealt the first...now deal with me!!"

ssj12 said:

Actually the power glove is the only way to successfully beat the game top gun.

Not true, the Nerd later explain that the only thing you need to do is watch the numbers at the left of the screen to land the bloody plane.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/angry-video-screwattack/703826

I agree with him, make something new, not better, jeez.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)