By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Gamerscore League

Hunted: The Demon's Forge is coughing up Achievement Points. I got like 700 without really trying. It was fun, too. If I look for the missing prisoners and treasures hidden throughout, I could probably name the full 1000 in about a day.

*edit* "Name the full 1000"?  I wonder what I had typed initially.  Damn you, cell-phone auto correct!

Around the Network

The league is up-to-date for this week...

Microsoft Gamerscore League
GS Career TA Career League Career Platinum  Career Tournies Career
GS Season TA Season League Season Platinum  Season Tournies Season
GS Weekly TA Weekly League Weekly Platinum  Weekly Tournies Weekly

Achievements LB TA LB League Rules Platinum Games Potential Tournies
  TA Ratio LB   Completion LB  

Microsoft Gamerscore League History
Gamerscore 2008 N/A League 2008 Platinum 2008 2008 Plat. Games Tournies 2008
Gamerscore 2009 N/A League 2009 Platinum 2009 2009 Plat. Games Tournies 2009
Gamerscore 2010 TA 2010 League 2010 Platinum 2010 2010 Plat. Games Tournies 2010

Thanks for the update Neo.

39 points this week......... safe to say that i am more than pleased with that

Oh, one thing Neo......... Berstuck beat me to first place on Duke Nukem Forever by about 30 minutes (damn it, i took my eye off the Duke Nukem race to concentrate on Dead Rising: Case West & Dead Space)

Indeed, thanks for the update as always!

87% completion rate .. hmm (although personally I count DLC for myself)

Aim to have that above 90% again soon.

Will probably start going for Races again in September when a steady stream of titles come out I like.

Yeah, I guess with Sonic Adventure it was just a case of being wowed by the pretty next generation graphics because it is definitely not Sonic Team's crowning achievement. I'm gonna stay that honor still goes to Nights.

Around the Network

@d21lewis, you're more than likely going to need a guide for all that stuff. And even with a guide it's easy to miss some of it. I'm not saying you won't get the full 1,000 in a day, but anything short of maxing it in one play will take longer than that. Me and eNamrah both ended up playing through it about 2 and a half times to get everything and we even had a guide. If you play all day long you can more or less complete the game one time.

Plus glitches will work against you at every step. I kept getting a glitch that made me drink the slegg and screwed me out of 100 gamerscore as well as various collectibles glitching. That and about 30 other miscellaneous glitches that didn't have any gamerscore effects but were annoying none the less.

It is fun at first but trust me it will wear out it's welcome pretty quick, even in co-op.

themanwithnoname said:

I tried to get into New Vegas. It's a game that every time I tried to love, it punched me in the face with either its crappy technical issues or its horrible gameplay ideas. Dead Money is just horrendously bad and is the reason I haven't touched it in well over a month now.

I was like that when it came out. The problems were too much, really. A few Months later, a big update, and it's been playing just fine. Not got to the DLC just yet, not sure if I'll end up getting it at all... But so far so good

Fallout 3 is one of my favorite games this generation, so it's a big shame with what happened with New Vegas. Could have been so much more!! Shouldn't have had a B-Team on the game at all.

On the plus side anyway, we get to look forward to what Fallout 4 will potentially look like, with the new engine they're using now for Skyrim. Can't wait!

Ronster316 said:

Oh, one thing Neo......... Berstuck beat me to first place on Duke Nukem Forever by about 30 minutes (damn it, i took my eye off the Duke Nukem race to concentrate on Dead Rising: Case West & Dead Space)

The question is who will hit 1000gs first in it. Knowing the completion master that eNamrah is i wouldn't be suprised if he pipped us both. Hopefully be able to max it myself over the weekend and i've actually been really enjoying my insane playthrough. I still can't understand how fucking stupid the reviewers have been as there is now way it deserves its metacritic.

Berstuck said:
Ronster316 said:

The question is who will hit 1000gs first in it. Knowing the completion master that eNamrah is i wouldn't be suprised if he pipped us both. Hopefully be able to max it myself over the weekend and i've actually been really enjoying my insane playthrough. I still can't understand how fucking stupid the reviewers have been as there is now way it deserves its metacritic.

I think Duke is a binary game...  You either like it (1) or you hate it (0)...

JPL78 said:
@d21lewis, you're more than likely going to need a guide for all that stuff. And even with a guide it's easy to miss some of it. I'm not saying you won't get the full 1,000 in a day, but anything short of maxing it in one play will take longer than that. Me and eNamrah both ended up playing through it about 2 and a half times to get everything and we even had a guide. If you play all day long you can more or less complete the game one time.

Plus glitches will work against you at every step. I kept getting a glitch that made me drink the slegg and screwed me out of 100 gamerscore as well as various collectibles glitching. That and about 30 other miscellaneous glitches that didn't have any gamerscore effects but were annoying none the less.

It is fun at first but trust me it will wear out it's welcome pretty quick, even in co-op.

My first playthrough, my co-op partner drank the sleg (I had a bad feeling about it.....).  Pretty much ruined the Achievement for me.  I went back and beat it the second time with all of the tweaks turned on (one hit kills, steal skin, etc.).  It didn't take long.  All I'm missing are the Achievements for finding all of the Dragon Tears, Finding all of the Prisoners, getting 100,000 gold (I'm not sure if I'm ever going to go for that one.) and a couple of the "Kill 50 enemy" Achievements.  I figured out the rest on my own. 

I figure there's a half decent online guide somewhere--And the level select option made getting some of the others a breeze.  I may be in the minority but I LOVED this game.  It had some glitches (AI Partner wouldn't help me open a door, totally disappeared) but I was able to forgive it.  Maybe it was E'Lara's booty.  I think I played through it three times.