By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Well, that surprised me. I thought Wii would have sold less...NOT more than the HD Twins combined!!

All good for SW, glad to se Goldeneye, Kinect, Epic Mickey and DKCR doing so well

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

Not one to moan, but...

Gran Turismo 5 (PS3)
グランツーリスモ 5
Sony Computer Entertainment
3 26,600 510,936
Tongari Boushi to Mahou no Otana (DS)
とんがりボウシと魔法のお店
Konami
5 26,365 135,904

I think someone needs to alter the number

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

kowenicki said:
Mr.Metralha said:
kowenicki said:

Kinect is just huge...

Bundle with Adventures could do close to 1 million next week... 5.5m by year end.

Kinect Sports will get close to 2.0m by year end.

Dance central will come close or pass 1.0m.

Kinectimal will pass 0.5m.

All of this will have happened in just 8 weeks.

Thats 10m software units attributable to Kinect by year end.

You for got to mention those weeks took place on the holiday season.

and?

you arent impressed then?

Not a matter of being impressed or not, holiday season inflates sales by a very large margin. If kinect launched in late summer or spring, whatever it would take much more than 8 weeks to achieve what it is achieving.

Thats why it is important to mention it did that on the holiday season, otherwise I could brag about Wii selling 1.5 million units per week all the year =)

Nice sales for DK. It'll be interesting to see what the game's legs are like. I think the game should hang around the top 10, or at least the top 20, for quite some time. I originally thought it'd have around half the sales of NSMB Wii, don't look like it'll even do that well, but should still sell respectably in the multi-millions. Also nice to see Epic Mickey and Goldneye haning around the top 50. Both of those should become million sellers pretty easilly.

My nephew broke my DSL. I just bought a DSiXL and it's huge... when opened.

Around the Network

Wii could top PS1 in America's this holiday! 38.1M Vs 40.78M

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

kowenicki said:
Mr.Metralha said:
kowenicki said:

Kinect is just huge...

Bundle with Adventures could do close to 1 million next week... 5.5m by year end.

and?

I'm not impressed at all of Kinect games sales, and I'm not surprised either when you consider the games.. Kinect Adventures, well that's a given since you must buy it when you buy a Kinect. The other two best titles in quality by far, Kinect Sports and Dance Central, are (or will be) million sellers.

Beyond that, I don't see any other games out now ever reaching that mark. Most will struggle to reach half that mark. And this is during the holiday season, which provides a huge lift to games sales.. What will Kinect game sales be like in the slow periods next year? I think that Star Wars game should do well, but aside from that I litterally see no other Kinect games that will achieve success, now or in future releases.

I mean obviously there will be more titles announced that are of better quality, but if the games can't even sell NOW, during the Kinect launch and on the strength of the holiday season, I wouldn't expect that to last long.

Mr.Metralha said:
kowenicki said:
Mr.Metralha said:
kowenicki said:

Kinect is just huge...

and?

Not a matter of being impressed or not, holiday season inflates sales by a very large margin. If kinect launched in late summer or spring, whatever it would take much more than 8 weeks to achieve what it is achieving.

Thats why it is important to mention it did that on the holiday season, otherwise I could brag about Wii selling 1.5 million units per week all the year =)

I don't really see that.  Even though it is the holiday season, that doesn't make Wii or GT5 (in EMEAA) sales any less impressive, nor should it with Kinect.  

For any that say bundled games always far outsell non-bundled games, I present a Sports competition ...

Kinect Sports (X360)
Microsoft
6 273,677 1,246,435
Sports Champions (PS3)
13 157,527 1,274,206

And before someone jumps me (again), Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort aren't here because they didn't launch this 'season'.

Darth Tigris said:

For any that say bundled games always far outsell non-bundled games, I present a Sports competition ...

Kinect Sports (X360)
Microsoft
6 273,677 1,246,435
Sports Champions (PS3)
13 157,527 1,274,206

And before someone jumps me (again), Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort aren't here because they didn't launch this 'season'.

And...?If they had,sales would be even bigger.