By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
eliasg said:

i blame shortages...

Around the Network
Funtime said:

I know that VGC only tracks physical copies, but Blizzard already announced that they sold 3.3 million copies of Cataclysm on day one. That's freakish. Puts it in line with Reach if I'm not mistaken as far as launches go.

Vgchartz doesn't track downloads.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

San Andreas sales are over 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nintendo an outrageous beast as always at holidays.

GT5 FTW yay!

Kinect surpassing all my predictions..congrats

PS3 exclusives finally getting theirs (Uncharted 2, GOW3)

COD sales are outrageous haha

Great week for all!

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

kowenicki said:

Kinect is just huge...

Bundle with Adventures could do close to 1 million next week... 5.5m by year end.

Kinect Sports will get close to 2.0m by year end.

Dance central will come close or pass 1.0m.

Kinectimal will pass 0.5m.

All of this will have happened in just 8 weeks.

Thats 10m software units attributable to Kinect by year end.

You for got to mention those weeks took place on the holiday season.

Good numbers for DK, hope it continues to do well

Around the Network
kowenicki said:

Kinect is just huge...

Bundle with Adventures could do close to 1 million next week... 5.5m by year end.

Kinect Sports will get close to 2.0m by year end.

Dance central will come close or pass 1.0m.

Kinectimal will pass 0.5m.

All of this will have happened in just 8 weeks.

Thats 10m software units attributable to Kinect by year end.

Thats pretty impressive. Even in New Zealand, it seems to be flying off the shelves. I have seen stores picked clean of Kinect and Kinect titles, even the bad ones. I will say the average attach rate ought to be at least 2.0 by the time the year ends given one title is a given. Overall though I would have thought that the attachrate ought to be 1.5 or 12.5M unit sales of software, 7.5M being unbundled but thats just my personal beliefs.

Tease.

Beastly Wii numbers, looks like Retro Studios made a great DK game. I need to try to get it after my holiday shopping.

I've just relised Wii could very well hit 85M in sell-through amounts in January.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

KillerMan said:

eh? Cataclysm is hugely undertracked here.

Apart from the part of that number being download I woudn't take VGC pc games sales too seriously.

For CoD Black Ops aparently Poland and Germany are close to 100% of whole PC EMEA market when you compare official numbers with our tracking.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

kowenicki said:
MonstaMack said:

Next week is gonna be close/week after since starting tonight at 9pm the PS3 comes with a $100 gift card at Wal-Mart in the US.

Good numbers overall, though was expecting the 360 to sell a bit more.

That discount will show in the week after numbers?

Next week the 360 should be much higher than the PS3.  According to many the 360 was down on the strength of a similar discount with people waiting to buy, so surely we expect to see the same for the PS3?

Still not quite sure on this. 360's are hard to find and havent heard any anecdotal evidence that all of a sudden this week Walmart had a bunch of 250GB 360's available to purchase with the $75 gift card. With the difficulty of finding a 250GB 360 I find it hard to believe that people last week said "I am going to hold off until next week and get one at Walmart".  So I am skeptical at this weeks report and next weeks report.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.