By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Umm is sony still losing money on the ps3?

Yet another piece of info I recieved from gamestop (i was buying gifts people so leave me alone lol), the guy said that sony was still losing money on the ps3. I really haven't spent much time reading the news articles on this site since I have been kinda busy with work recently (actually working for once lol) but did I miss something? I was told this yesterday and now that I have some down time I figured I should ask. Also, I don't think he was anti ps3 since he was telling me how much he likes it so....yeah

Another thing (off topic)- What the hell is going to happen to the psp3000/go when the psp2 comes out? No more games and what the hell is this music unlimited powered by qriocity on my psp?

Around the Network

nope, stopped loosing money a year ago, soooo they are making an alright profit now

PlaystaionGamer said:

nope, stopped loosing money a year ago, soooo they are making an alright profit now

I concure.

Xbbjf9s said:

Yet another piece of info I recieved from gamestop (i was buying gifts people so leave me alone lol), the guy said that sony was still losing money on the ps3. I really haven't spent much time reading the news articles on this site since I have been kinda busy with work recently (actually working for once lol) but did I miss something? I was told this yesterday and now that I have some down time I figured I should ask. Also, I don't think he was anti ps3 since he was telling me how much he likes it so....yeah

Another thing (off topic)- What the hell is going to happen to the psp3000/go when the psp2 comes out? No more games and what the hell is this music unlimited powered by qriocity on my psp?

Gamestop employees spreading false information. Who would have thought. I swear monkeys could do better jobs.

whats funny is 360 was doing the same thing, only Nintendo was selling there 12 year old Wii console at an profit.

SONY is starting to make an profit on the ps3. They are making an profit on every single game because they make every blu ray disk 

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

Around the Network

June of 2010 was when Sony officially announced that they were profiting off the PS3

http://www.1up.com/news/sony-finally-profiting-ps3-sold

Sony stopped losing money this year

from Q1 2010(Jan-Mar) they have been profiting

psp3000go will still be selling when psp comes out like ps2 was selling under ps3.to expand the userbase more and to keep psp keep going as a platform,sony is integrating it with their phones and slowly most of sony ericsson phones will be able to play psp game.ZEUS will be the first one.this way they can mkae content providers still make games for their device as the userbase will still be there

qriocity is a subscription based unlimited movies and music  progam like netflix but only for Sony devices.it will come to BRAVIA,PS3,PSP,SONY ERICSSON.etc

IMO gamestop employees are the biggest fanboys this world has ever seen. And they stopped losing money when the slim was released im pretty sure.

"Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier." - Virginia

Gilgamesh said:

June of 2010 was when Sony officially announced that they were profiting off the PS3

I will go with this one, Everyone has a dfferent answer.

Gilgamesh said:

Now they just need to cover what they lost in 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009

Above: still the best game of the year.