By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Umm is sony still losing money on the ps3?

no they arent loosing money anymore on the ps3, but its virtually too late to make up for the lost money

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network
Wagram said:
Xbbjf9s said:

Yet another piece of info I recieved from gamestop (i was buying gifts people so leave me alone lol), the guy said that sony was still losing money on the ps3. I really haven't spent much time reading the news articles on this site since I have been kinda busy with work recently (actually working for once lol) but did I miss something? I was told this yesterday and now that I have some down time I figured I should ask. Also, I don't think he was anti ps3 since he was telling me how much he likes it so....yeah

Another thing (off topic)- What the hell is going to happen to the psp3000/go when the psp2 comes out? No more games and what the hell is this music unlimited powered by qriocity on my psp?

Gamestop employees spreading false information. Who would have thought. I swear monkeys could do better jobs.

i disagree! no monkey could ever spread as much false information as a gamestop empolyee!!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

They are being forced to make deals with places like Wal-Mart to give rebates, so things like that must be costing them since it was barely breaking even before.  A great piece of kit but an expensive one for Sony.

elmooer said:
mhsillen said:
mchaza said:

whats funny is 360 was doing the same thing, only Nintendo was selling there 12 year old Wii console at an profit.

SONY is starting to make an profit on the ps3. They are making an profit on every single game because they make every blu ray disk 

what the f..k does that mean

I believe the wii was released in 2006?

Was this just a stupid comment?

He means the hardware on it is old compared to that of PS3 and 360, therefore cheap to use as it is dated stuff.

I think we knew it was just a childish comment.

The Wii's components may not be quite as advanced as the PS3s/X360s but they sure aren't 12 years old, the GameCube only being 9 years old kinda gives it away... the Wii is certainly more advanced in capabilities than the GC but it's not just that, one of Nintendo's goals with the Wii hardware was to make it run as cool as possible and as economically as possible. Getting the GC components to perform anything like the Wii 9 years ago would have been much more expensive.